•  
Advertise here

Pros and cons of Toyota Tacoma TRD off road 2020. (US imported)?

Ahmad Shaker

I have watched many reviews of Toyota Tacoma, as I see the reviews for that vehicle are very good, but I do not see this vehicle common in the Gulf countries, despite the price difference between it and the Tundra or any other pickup vehicle. Regardless of the size difference between Tacoma and Tundra.
Does any of you know if this car is really good or not? Is its off-road performance good?

402212-2020-toyota-tacoma.jpg.f8111b195b1c207b4677b5487bbc8886.jpg

Edited by Ahmad Shaker

11 minutes ago, Ahmad Shaker said:

I have watched many reviews of Toyota Tacoma, as I see the reviews for that vehicle are very good, but I do not see this vehicle common in the Gulf countries, despite the price difference between it and the Tundra or any other pickup vehicle.
Does any of you know if this car is really good or not? Is its off-road performance good?

402212-2020-toyota-tacoma.jpg.f8111b195b1c207b4677b5487bbc8886.jpg

Just like the 4Runner, these are US market vehicles and can only get here in UAE if you decide to import them. They are indeed very capable offroaders. 

The 4Runner is basically the US version of the Fortuner. 

I would not compare it with the Tundra, as they are smaller and lighter than the Tundra (which is a good thing in the dunes in my opinion).

Going for Import brings some extra work and costs but it can be done. But be aware you will only get 3rd party insurance if the car is a US import (at least that's what i've heard).

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Great machine, and it's the best selling mid size truck in the states.

But still go test drive Tacoma, because it's using the 3.5 engine, torque comes much later than the popular 4.0 engine. You will feel like driving a turbo car, not much torque untill you kinda push the rpm higher. I wouldn't like it in sand. But fuel economy is better than 4.0

On the other hand it's sibling 4 runner is more popular here, it's equipped with the 4.0 engine that's has wider torque band, and it's basically a LWB FJC made in US, with Atrac rear locker crawl control

Tundra is a different story, tundra is indeed bigger wider more comfortable and has more powerful v8 engines, but lacks of offroad gears, it has only ABS simulated LSD or eLSD,  and on Tacoma 4runner you can find rear locker Atrac crawl control stuffs that are more professional for offroading

I personally would choose a 4runner if ever one day I'm giving up on the Pathfinder.

BTW, Both cars I believe are compatible with the Prado and FJC offroad mods here.

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 4

One more thing to be aware of these imported vehicles ( non GCC ) be aware and check it properly as I heard many of those are post flood or damage “resurrection “ . And sometimes it’s quite hard to know unless you totally trust the source 

• Like (+1) 1