•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 17 Jan 2022

M.Seidam

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  17 Jan 2022, Monday

Meeting time: 04:45 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/GspD3cXK8LAmf45X9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 07:45 PM

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Monday - 10 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, pleasea dd your name on the wait list option
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

Dear Friends 

@Ashok chaturvedi @Felix Obst @Alfred Alinazar @Tom B @Peter Hager @Harshad Ashraf

Thank you for the RSVP for this Afternoon Fewbie Drive in Al Qudra Desert . my intention is to have a relaxed drive in a Twilight time which is thought to be fascinating in these cloudy days. just few things i think worth mentioning as a reminder :

• the second part toward the end of the drive is going to be in the dark and a high beam light is sufficient and off road lights are not mandatory except for the first car 🙂. off course if you have them you can use them.
  •  there will be enough time for break and the most important one is at 18:55 were you can RSVP for your next weekend drive.
  • should you need to exit your vehicle please keep your radio with you all the time and look where you step in the dark ( torch light advised ) : watch out for night creepers.
  • last but not least please be on time so we can enjoy all the maneuvers attained for this level, ( side sloping , ridge riding and crisscrossing , bit of technical crossing in between areas of long range dunes ..etc ),  while still in day light , as the pace and distance between cars becomes naturally slower and closer.

looking forward to see you Inshallah .

Cheers 

Seidam

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Alfred Alinazar said:

@M.Seidam: I've never driven in the dark before. Is it going to be OK? Or is it going to be too hard for me?

The desert night drive is quite different than day light . Some people like it while others don’t . It’s different world.
the visibility is reduced and limited so comes with that the pace is reduced as well as the distance between cars becomes closer enough not to loose track and minimise risks . In addition your senses become more focused and the vigilance increased .

don’t worry Alfred , just check that your stock headlight high beam and your fog lights if present are working properly  . And that should be adequate as we drive in convoy . We will say more about it during the briefing . It’s your decision eventually but if it’s me I would give it a try 😉

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use