•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweidan - Sharjah - 23 Jan 2022

Shaaz Sha

4 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Hi @Tom B @Felix Obst @Michel Van Woudenberg @Thomas Varghese @Vinod Damodaran @Simon Dawood @Junaid120120 @Will Seivewright @Markus B @ASAD...As we have 5 more in the WL plzz confirm your availability and change of plan before finalizing the convoy order. Thank you 

@Shaz ShahConformed 

• Like (+1) 2

Hello off-roaders @Junaid120120 @Vinod Damodaran @Markus B @Simon Dawood @Will Seivewright @Mehmet Volga @Michel Van Woudenberg @Tom B @Felix Obst @KAMALIO and @Thomas Varghese. Welcome to the drive 👦. Here is the convoy order for the drive and we will be using carnity channel 1 ( 446006) for our communications. See you

IMG-20220122-WA0040.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Hi @Tom B @Felix Obst @Michel Van Woudenberg @Thomas Varghese @Vinod Damodaran @Simon Dawood @Junaid120120 @Will Seivewright @Markus B @ASAD...As we have 5 more in the WL plzz confirm your availability and change of plan before finalizing the convoy order. Thank you 

Confirmed 

• Like (+1) 1

• Hisham Masaad changed the title to e - Sweidan - Sharjah - 23 Jan 2022Morning Fewbie Desert Driv

As usual a very entertaining drive from @Shaaz Sha supported by the senior member @Mehmet Volga. Just before the drive @Tom B took the responsibility of Shaaz's 2nd lead as the more experienced driver who was earmarked as 2nd lead @Junaid120120 couldn't make it up for the drive. With just 11 drives under his belt before this drive @Tom B didn't refuse the big responsibility and rose upto the occasion.  Excellent drive @Tom B and congratulations for being a good 2nd lead. 

I was expecting a leisure drive considering it a fewbie level but as usual @Shaaz Sha mixed his spices, salt, pepper and oil and made a beautiful drive on a weekend morning. I was wondering if the CF @Mehmet Volga will be too exhausted rescuing so many cars from refusals and stucks but the drivers in the convoy were amazing and upto the challenge and rarely had refusals or stucks and we all enjoyed the track. The landscape was beautiful. In between I got so mesmerized with the beauty of the sand I literally wanted to tell the convoy to leave me there. The dunes and sand looked so beautiful after the rains and winds last week. 

Thank you everybody for showing up on time and doing an excellent drive without wasting much time on refusals or stucks. In my opinion it was minimal considering what I was experiencing in my fewbie, newbie days. The new joined drivers have more skills than us old timers and it was a pleasure and honor to meet them, drive with them and knowing them. 

See you all soon on sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

• Srikumar changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweidan - Sharjah - 23 Jan 2022

Another fantastic journey with a fantastic convoy!!!! Thank you for signing up and showing there on time. It was a chilling 12 degrees at the meeting point today, and when I arrived at 6.30 ., I saw @Thomas Varghese already set and flagged... After a few moments, all of the attendees joined, and in few minutes we were all ready to hit the sand. We began slowly and hit the desert after the radio check and briefing at 7:20. The landscape appeared to be magnificent at times, yet it was deceitful at some places. In the first few minutes of the drive, we had a few refusals and re- attempts, as well as a few of stucks, and we had a few more during the drive. The terrain was difficult, but you guys conquered it. We had the opportunity to try some wonderful sideys  and some excellent bowls to make it more colorful, and everyone did a fantastic job. Super soft sand and bushy technical patches  presented additional challenges, but with a wonderful convoy, we were able to overcome them all.Excellent job boys..👏👏. It was a pleasure to have @Mehmet Volga on board as CF, and I appreciate your assistance with recoveries and guidances. Having you at the centre made it a lot more easier and i hope you enjoyed the ride with us. Thank you @Tom B for taking up and executing the role of 2nd lead.  You were amazing with your LC and You did a wonderful job buddy. Keep it up. Thanks to @Thomas Varghese for the report and amazing clicks. As sweep you did a great job buddy. Thank you. @Vinod Damodaran , @Markus B and @Felix Obst..the wrangler boys did great today. You guys managed to negotiate with the challenges brilliantly. Keep it up guys. @Simon Dawoodyou were really good and confident today in every action and was nice to see you having fun. Keep up the spirit buddy. @Will Seivewrighthandled every challenges wonderfully and your raptor was unstoppable today. Nice 👍. @Michel Van Woudenberg..you did amazing today with your brand new LC. It's my first experience watching the new LC live in action and it was wonderful and daring 😄. I believe you had enough opportunities today to know and understand the capabilities of your car. Did well buddy. It was a superb drive today with every one of you and see you soon. Some pics in the gallery.

Cheers !!!

IMG_3951.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Shaaz Sha thanks for an incredible drive yesterday. The terrain was exciting and challenging in places, and the scenery was breathtaking given how clear the sky was after the recent wind and rains. Driving that extra 20-30 mins from Dubai to reach the Sharjah sands is definitely worth it in my opinion. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to take up 2nd lead. This was the first time I had performed this role and so it was great to gain the experience. 

@thomasvarghese  and @Mehmet Volga thanks for supporting the drive yesterday. 

I took a few pictures along the way which I will post in the gallery, although I am looking forward to seeing @thomasvarghese ‘s pictures as I saw you managed to take many along the way! 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Tom B said:

@Shaaz Sha thanks for an incredible drive yesterday. The terrain was exciting and challenging in places, and the scenery was breathtaking given how clear the sky was after the recent wind and rains. Driving that extra 20-30 mins from Dubai to reach the Sharjah sands is definitely worth it in my opinion. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to take up 2nd lead. This was the first time I had performed this role and so it was great to gain the experience. 

@thomasvarghese  and @Mehmet Volga thanks for supporting the drive yesterday. 

I took a few pictures along the way which I will post in the gallery, although I am looking forward to seeing @thomasvarghese ‘s pictures as I saw you managed to take many along the way! 

Pictures are already posted in the gallery. I'm not @thomasvarghese. I'm @Thomas Varghese😀

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use