•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweidan - Sharjah - 23 Jan 2022

Shaaz Sha

It was really nice driving with you after months @Shaaz Sha! Excellent leading, excellent terrain. High pacing, optimum combination of playing and technical challenging. I loved it! ... and I marked very spots for family camping already for my future visits there.

@Thomas Varghese your XT, your camera and your warm friendship ; all were ready to serve for an excellent end-of-weekend party. Thank you for your outstanding support, especially your last tugging recovery at the expense of sacrificing yourself. Your photo shots are amazing. Lucky to have you in the convoy. Well done 💪

@Tom B; it is not a small thing handling 2nd leading after such a desert monster like @Shaaz Sha teleporting from dune to dune! But the convoy followed you and you did it great! Perfect job!

@Vinod Damodaran @Felix Obst @Markus B @Michel Van Woudenberg @Simon Dawood @Will Seivewright outstanding performance, with only a few stucks & refusals, we finished just on time. Keep it up friends!

It was first time for me talking Turkish to the people who are not Turkish in a convoy :D Nice to meet you @Markus B & @Michel Van Woudenberg. Bring your Turkish guests to the desert again!

See you all on the sand soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Tom B said:

@Shaaz Sha thanks for an incredible drive yesterday. The terrain was exciting and challenging in places, and the scenery was breathtaking given how clear the sky was after the recent wind and rains. Driving that extra 20-30 mins from Dubai to reach the Sharjah sands is definitely worth it in my opinion. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to take up 2nd lead. This was the first time I had performed this role and so it was great to gain the experience. 

@thomasvarghese  and @Mehmet Volga thanks for supporting the drive yesterday. 

I took a few pictures along the way which I will post in the gallery, although I am looking forward to seeing @thomasvarghese ‘s pictures as I saw you managed to take many along the way! 

I had a good time chasing you Tom.. couple of times I slid off the track into the pool , but then immediately I would hear you announcing on Radio " Jeep behind me is not seen "  Great to follow you as 2nd Lead ...  Thanks !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Vinod Damodaran said:

I had a good time chasing you Tom.. couple of times I slid off the track into the pool , but then immediately I would hear you announcing on Radio " Jeep behind me is not seen "  Great to follow you as 2nd Lead ...  Thanks !

@Vinod Damodaran can I have your phone number? Couldn't take it when we met. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Vinod Damodaran said:

Thanks @Vinod Damodaran. I had equally as much fun watching from behind your jeep emerge from the dunes each time. Those wheels are absolutely enormous! 

• Like (+1) 4

Hi all, 

thx for an amazing weekend drive it carried me through my working Monday and I still think back with a smile. Thank you for accepting my boys as part of the convoy, I hope it was not too annoying for you to wait until I got them buckled up after the stops we were having. I can just tell you - they enjoyed it as well!!! 

Special Thx to @Shaaz Sha, @Mehmet Volga and @Thomas Varghese for the routing, support and lessons. You've been an amazing crew! 

@Thomas Varghese: if you have some more pics (the ones you've shared are amazing!) please add me 052 819 2241

Looking forward to meet you all again - it was definitely a convoy to remember! 

Have a great week ahead - see you in the sand! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use