•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 21 Jan 2022

Foxtrot Oscar

Drive Report

It was a drive that the weather threatened, I know driving in strong winds, but these were winds capable of blowing your car off track and I had my doubts as whether it would go ahead. I was happy to get to the meeting point and assess from there. When I arrived, although visibility was poor, it was sufficient. And so we went, I asked for clear , concise comms, in such conditions it was important the airwaves were kept clear in order for me to communicate, as I knew what lay ahead.

The dunes which normally beckoned us to sidey along them, and ride atop them were fraught with dangers. Massive crevices, huge craters in the most random of places,  hard wet sand that is normally covered with soft sands exposed and winds that literally blew you off track.

The mighty winds were no match for the strength of this convoy! Bravo! This drive had everything, tight technical dunes, long range dunes, some steep climbs and some nice crossovers. Some areas though were just no go zone and the call for @Thomas Varghesenot to follow came across the airways as I found myself in some tricky spots. 

I am utterly amazed at how well our first time fewbies handled it all! I don’t have enough praise for @Joseph Raju , @Markus B and @Imran Kashif who coped so well. Sure, we had the rope out a couple of times and some self recoveries, but by goodness it was hard work out there today.  

@KAMALIO, @Faisal Alhashimi. @Manoj Soman , @Michel Van Woudenberg and @Muhammad Qasim all continue to develop very well and showed some good technique today. Great job guys. It was also great to see an old face in @Lucky sAm for someone who hasn’t been out for some time you had a great drive! @Chinthaka Ruwan, first time I’ve had the pleasure of your company on a drive I think, easy street for you.

Many many thanks to the wonderful support I received from the other IM drivers, @Thomas Varghese who did a great job at second lead, @Looper who was constantly on hand to advise on stucks and refusals, and @Pacific who kept everyone at the back safe and helped out with refusals. I can’t thank you all enough for stepping up. 

Finally, thanks to this wonderful convoy for being so attentive, listening to and following instruction and driving so well! I had so much fun!

Until our next adventure😎
image.png.c53d4d887fe6c52b3eaae921d177fca9.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Report

It was a drive that the weather threatened, I know driving in strong winds, but these were winds capable of blowing your car off track and I had my doubts as whether it would go ahead. I was happy to get to the meeting point and assess from there. When I arrived, although visibility was poor, it was sufficient. And so we went, I asked for clear , concise comms, in such conditions it was important the airwaves were kept clear in order for me to communicate, as I knew what lay ahead.

The dunes which normally beckoned us to sidey along them, and ride atop them were fraught with dangers. Massive crevices, huge craters in the most random of places,  hard wet sand that is normally covered with soft sands exposed and winds that literally blew you off track.

The mighty winds were no match for the strength of this convoy! Bravo! This drive had everything, tight technical dunes, long range dunes, some steep climbs and some nice crossovers.

I am utterly amazed at how well our first time fewbies handled it all! I don’t have enough praise for @Joseph Raju , @Markus B and @Imran Kashif who coped so well. Sure, we had the rope out a couple of times and some self recoveries, but by goodness it was hard work out there today.  

@KAMALIO, @Faisal Alhashimi. @Manoj Soman , @Michel Van Woudenberg and @Muhammad Qasim all continue to develop very well and showed some good technique today. Great job guys. It was also great to see an old face in @Lucky sAm for someone who hasn’t been out for some time you had a great drive! @Chinthaka Ruwan, first time I’ve had the pleasure of your company on a drive I think, easy street for you.

Many many thanks to the wonderful support I received from the other IM drivers, @Thomas Varghese who did a great job at second lead, @Looper who was constantly on hand to advise on stucks and refusals, and @Pacific who kept everyone at the back safe and helped out with refusals. I can’t thank you all enough for stepping up. 

Finally, thanks to this wonderful convoy for being so attentive, listening to and following instruction and driving so well! I had so much fun!

Until our next adventure😎
image.png.c53d4d887fe6c52b3eaae921d177fca9.png

The start point was looking difficult, then we became convoy of daredevils and all went to dunes to emerge victorious.  Thank you 

All.

• Totally Agree (+2) 5

9 minutes ago, Pacific said:

The start point was looking difficult, then we became convoy of daredevils and all went to dunes to emerge victorious.  Thank you 

All.

IMG-20220121-WA0058.jpg

GIF-220121_211945.gif

Just now, Pacific said:

IMG-20220121-WA0058.jpg

GIF-220121_211945.gif

GIF-220121_212509.gif

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for the wonderful drive on Friday afternoon. It was a challenging task deflating and putting up the flag in the midst of strong winds and flying sand. Once the convoy got going in this weather it was the most exhilarating drive in recent times. The 1st time fewbies @Markus B, @Joseph Raju & @Imran Kashif did so well in the drive that we had minimal refusals and stucks. The track was technical most of the times and overall the convoy did very good. It was a pleasure driving with old mates @Looper, @Pacific & @Chinthaka Ruwan and both Looper & Pacific filled in their additional responsibilities as support for the convoy. Hopefully we can see them more in supporting roles soon. The rest of the drivers who I haven't known before but had the honor of driving with them yesterday are @KAMALIO, @Faisal Alhashimi, @Lucky sAm & @Muhammad Qasim. It was good to see them negotiating the technical dunes with ease. @Manoj Soman who I had driven with a couple of times before have improved a lot in his Rubicon. Didn't hear him on the radio seeking assistance. It was great seeing @Michel Van Woudenberg with his brand new LC 300 for this drive. I was wondering what would the technicians at TOYOTA might be thinking of he and his car when he takes it for the servicing with all the engine bay covered in sand. They got to give him respect for using the car for what it was made for. 

See you all soon for another drive with @Carnity

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for the wonderful drive on Friday afternoon. It was a challenging task deflating and putting up the flag in the midst of strong winds and flying sand. Once the convoy got going in this weather it was the most exhilarating drive in recent times. The 1st time fewbies @Markus B, @Joseph Raju & @Imran Kashif did so well in the drive that we had minimal refusals and stucks. The track was technical most of the times and overall the convoy did very good. It was a pleasure driving with old mates @Looper, @Pacific & @Chinthaka Ruwan and both Looper & Pacific filled in their additional responsibilities as support for the convoy. Hopefully we can see them more in supporting roles soon. The rest of the drivers who I haven't known before but had the honor of driving with them yesterday are @KAMALIO, @Faisal Alhashimi, @Lucky sAm & @Muhammad Qasim. It was good to see them negotiating the technical dunes with ease. @Manoj Soman who I had driven with a couple of times before have improved a lot in his Rubicon. Didn't hear him on the radio seeking assistance. It was great seeing @Michel Van Woudenberg with his brand new LC 300 for this drive. I was wondering what would the technicians at TOYOTA might be thinking of he and his car when he takes it for the servicing with all the engine bay covered in sand. They got to give him respect for using the car for what it was made for. 

See you all soon for another drive with @Carnity

Thank you and it been honor to meet you and drive with you 

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Faisal Alhashimi said:

Thank you and it been honor to meet you and drive with you 

@Faisal Alhashimithey already saw it because I had an issue with the built in compressor ( fixed now) and they loved seeing it all dirty (I came in after a weekend of Oman driving, wadi and mountain stuff so properly dirty) and complimented me on putting Raids on it and indeed using it for what it’s designed for. Once I got to know how to switch off all the electronic wizardry the car seems unstoppable 🙏🏻 Awesome drive! Going out for more tomorrow 😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, Michel Van Woudenberg said:

@Faisal Alhashimithey already saw it because I had an issue with the built in compressor ( fixed now) and they loved seeing it all dirty (I came in after a weekend of Oman driving, wadi and mountain stuff so properly dirty) and complimented me on putting Raids on it and indeed using it for what it’s designed for. Once I got to know how to switch off all the electronic wizardry the car seems unstoppable 🙏🏻 Awesome drive! Going out for more tomorrow 😎

@Michel Van Woudenberg see u tomorrow on @Shaaz Sha's morning drive. Good to see someone who is not afraid to put his new possession in the desert. 

@Foxtrot Oscar Thank you for excellent drive yesterday. It was my first drive with you and looking forward for more exciting drives with you. Yesterday it was a totally new experience for me and I never seen the desert like that before. Even though it was a long convoy under extreme conditions everyone performed excellent. Thanks @Thomas Varghese for perfect second lead and @Looper and @Pacific for great support.  At the end of the drive the view was amazing and there are some pictures uploaded in the gallery. 
See you all soon and happy weekend. 

IMG_7405.JPG

IMG_7358.JPG

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use