•  

Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 23 Jan 2022

Foxtrot Oscar

23 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Unfortunately , i have to bow out of the drive @Foxtrot Oscar and others...removing myself from the event , so that one of the WL can be in ..

i was really looking forward to the "Yalla" drive :-) , signed up first , but plans for weekend have changed.

No wrries @Sunil Mathew, we'll catch up soon I'm sure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Christian Andras said:

Damn I was happy to secure my spot on this drive, but I have an unplanned work meeting tomorrow, so I have to bail out…:-( At least someone in WL will be happy.

@Foxtrot Oscar

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully drive with you soon 

9 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully drive with you soon 

Let all WL come and be a large convoy....just being optimistic....love the weather nowadays. @Foxtrot Oscar Angela can do it......👍👍

• Like (+1) 2

Good morning fellow adventurers,

The weather has taken a toll on the dunes, this area famed for its razor sharp ridges and smooth bowls will be scarred with the rains and high winds  of the past week or so. There will be unexpected cracks in the ridge , hardened sands that cause you to slip when you don't expect it and some high walls on ridges. All the more fun for us as we try to blast our way through it!! 

Bring your A game! 

YALLLA!!!

Apologies to those on the waitlist that I cannot accommodate however at IM level 12 is the absolute Max we can have in a convoy, if we add anymore it will dilute the drive experience.

Those of you who are in, please please please announce now if you can't make it so that I can draft one in from the waitlist 

We meet at 2pm

We are using Radio Channel 2 (two) 446.031

Driver

Car

Rank

Position

@Foxtrot Oscar

Black Xtrerra

Marshal

Lead

@Arman

SWB TJ

IM

2nd Lead

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie

Pathfinder

IM

3rd

@Zed

LC

IM

4th

@Humayun Ghias

Patrol

IM

5th

@Gok Krish

SWB Wrangler

IM

6th

@Looper

SWB Wrangler

IM

CF

@Ranjan Das

LWB Wrangler

IM

8th

@Ilya

LWB Wrangler

IM

9th

@Jorge Stepniak Felippe

SWB Wrangler

IM

10th

@Amir Amiri

Ram

IM

11th

@Russ

Wrangler

Advisor

Sweep

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was fast and it was furious, and it was fun. What a great drive. With everyone giving their top-notch performance it was a pleasure driving with you @Foxtrot Oscar.  A big thanks to @Russ to take care of the tail end. 

Gaia GPS Link

Capture.PNG.99066c6a043a4c7df94cc840f2a5130c.PNG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

A scintillating drive to wrap up the weekend - the drive exceeded all expectations and how! the terrain, the pace and the lead - simply fantastic! Thank you Angela @Foxtrot Oscar for leading the wonderful drive, @Looper for CF and @Russ for all the support.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for this yalla drive in a Sunday afternoon, I indeed needed the concentration that I wouldnt have in the morning. And I haven't had this thrilling pace for a long long while. Great IM start, and I found many places of improvement.

Thank you @Looper and @Russ for supporting the drive, flawless as always, and @Arman for a clean 2nd lead, that surely helped me alot driving behind, hope you and Aisha reached home safely.

Really impressive to see @Humayun Ghias driving the probably the "stockiest" family friendly y62 in IM drives, even with stock skid plate! 

@Zed thank you for staying with me solving the limp mode, I figured out later on from Thomas' post, but really appreaciate that you stayed with me for extra half hour!, Nissan OBD is really annoying, have to find out which reader reads Nissan now.

4 hours ago, Looper said:

It was fast and it was furious, and it was fun. What a great drive. With everyone giving their top-notch performance it was a pleasure driving with you @Foxtrot Oscar.  A big thanks to @Russ to take care of the tail end. 

Gaia GPS Link

Capture.PNG.99066c6a043a4c7df94cc840f2a5130c.PNG

My past fastest drive was 22kmh average moving speed, 27kmh is a new record ! wow.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

.My past fastest drive was 22kmh average moving speed, 27kmh is a new record ! wow.

The actual moving speed should be higher than what I have shown here. I was taking loops in the desert while @Ranjan Das  was self recovering his Jeep, at a low speed so mine is actually on the lower side. 

• Like (+1) 4

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use