•  

Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 23 Jan 2022

Foxtrot Oscar

45 minutes ago, Looper said:

The actual moving speed should be higher than what I have shown here. I was taking loops in the desert while @Ranjan Das  was self recovering his Jeep, at a low speed so mine is actually on the lower side. 

Revalidating "Looper" since some ppl said that you dont loop much now🤣

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for this yalla drive in a Sunday afternoon, I indeed needed the concentration that I wouldnt have in the morning. And I haven't had this thrilling pace for a long long while. Great IM start, and I found many places of improvement.

Thank you @Looper and @Russ for supporting the drive, flawless as always, and @Arman for a clean 2nd lead, that surely helped me alot driving behind, hope you and Aisha reached home safely.

Really impressive to see @Humayun Ghias driving the probably the "stockiest" family friendly y62 in IM drives, even with stock skid plate! 

@Zed thank you for staying with me solving the limp mode, I figured out later on from Thomas' post, but really appreaciate that you stayed with me for extra half hour!, Nissan OBD is really annoying, have to find out which reader reads Nissan now.

My past fastest drive was 22kmh average moving speed, 27kmh is a new record ! wow.

Haha the "stockiest" y62 around! Probably not the right thing to do! But it has gotten me quite far. I've had no issues so far, I just try to be careful coming down from dunes and watch my speed while doing so. 

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscarfor an amazing drive. Probably one of the fastest ones I've had so far.

Thank you to @Russ @Arman @Looper and the rest of the convoy as well. Looking forward to driving with you all soon! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

@Zed thank you for staying with me solving the limp mode, I figured out later on from Thomas' post, but really appreaciate that you stayed with me for extra half hour!, Nissan OBD is really annoying, have to find out which reader reads Nissan now.

no worries man, too bad my ELM327 scanner is v1.5 and only works with Toyotas... this post here shows a photo of which scanner works with Nissan cars, I'd guess anything more than 100 dirhams would work, since the price of a Real ELM chip is US$21, so a proper OBD scanner should be priced above that...  this post here shows pics of which scanners to avoid as they are cheap clones (clones meaning not using the real ELM327 chip)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Zed said:

no worries man, too bad my ELM327 scanner is v1.5 and only works with Toyotas... this post here shows a photo of which scanner works with Nissan cars, I'd guess anything more than 100 dirhams would work, since the price of a Real ELM chip is US$21, so a proper OBD scanner should be priced above that...  this post here shows pics of which scanners to avoid as they are cheap clones (clones meaning not using the real ELM327 chip)

I have 2 of those ELM327 scanners lying around. Some times they work on a car, sometimes no avail. I also have a Konnwei 850 OBD scanner from Dragon Mart that works a lot better and reads my 2020 Civic, 1999 Trooper, and 2008 Pajero (not the 99 Pajero as that's a different story with that weird  MUT2 protocol".

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

@Foxtrot Oscar that was a great drive, fast and furious - thanks!

Good work @Arman and @Looper and well driven @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Zed @Humayun Ghias @Gok Krish @Ranjan Das @Ilya and @Amir Amiri.

See you all soon 🌵 

70204810-A2CE-4A11-9CFD-F636A95F9038.jpeg

Past and future in a same picture 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

14 hours ago, Russ said:

@Foxtrot Oscar that was a great drive, fast and furious - thanks!

Good work @Arman and @Looper and well driven @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Zed @Humayun Ghias @Gok Krish @Ranjan Das @Ilya and @Amir Amiri.

See you all soon 🌵 

70204810-A2CE-4A11-9CFD-F636A95F9038.jpeg

Good morning @Gaurav another photo of the chimney with reflections on top 

18 hours ago, Frederic said:

I have 2 of those ELM327 scanners lying around. Some times they work on a car, sometimes no avail. I also have a Konnwei 850 OBD scanner from Dragon Mart that works a lot better and reads my 2020 Civic, 1999 Trooper, and 2008 Pajero (not the 99 Pajero as that's a different story with that weird  MUT2 protocol".

When are we seeing the Trooper on sand? 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

When are we seeing the Trooper on sand? 🙂

it's covered in special striping, and currently undergoing testing in UAE various terrains:

image.png.1245cd2c1cf22d647ae71b0751325806.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use