•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Middle Earth - Dubai - 23 Jan 2022

Islam Soliman

38 minutes ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Just out of interest are there any big dunes we can try  tomroorw ? 

I think @Islam Soliman is going to be chucking us into long stretches of soft sand technical dunes 😈😎

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @imranaasghar81 @Daniel Yang @munkybizness @Davie Chase @Dodi Syahdar @Warren Flay @Adhir Saxena @Daniel Rodas @Naim Aoun @Gilbert Khalil @MMansoor @Fabien Monleau

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the meeting point by 7:00am (or before) and be ready to move max by 7:20max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 3 (446,056)

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all oils, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point:  https://maps.google.com/?q=24.7924720,55.3752220&hl=en-AE&gl=ae&entry=gps&lucs=s2se,a1

10- This area is known for very challenging terrain so expect the unexpected including extended drive time so pls raise your tolerance, don’t plan tight commitments, and allow amble time for the commuting back in case of probable delayed exit

11. Convoy orderEC1A659E-3094-455A-9D5E-C032E9E6FC1A.jpeg.e13863151db450f7d4b62aa1e133c4b1.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

What a fantastic morning's drive! I am physically tired from sawing the wheel back and forth for 5 hours. @Islam Solimantook us on a technical, convoluted and ultimately challenging fewbie plus course and it was just so much fun. We had a heap of refusals, go-rounds and stucks but at the end of the day, we learn from every event don't we? I got to do my first tug job and enough shovelling to keep me happy for weeks. Thanks for giving the the responsibility of second lead, it was a thrill to be up front again boss. Big thanks to all the team on this drive, the spirit was excellent and the team work was faultless. BRAVO!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Islam Soliman the comments on the radio post drive said it all, however, it never hurts to say it again. that really was one of the best drives i have been on since joining Carnity. Not that the other drives have not been absolutely fantastic, but today, wow, superb. It had everything from challenging terrain which we were able to cover quickly, to fantastic scenery, to great support and most importantly fantastic company. Thank you for allowing me to sweep that was very brave of you lol. a couple of shout outs to a great second lead by@Warren Flay and CF by@imranaasghar81 you guys made the sweepers job easy. Moreover, it was a pleasure to follow such great offroaders as all of you guys @Daniel Yang @munkybizness   @Adhir Saxena @Daniel Rodas @Naim Aoun @Gilbert Khalil  @Fabien Monleau learnt a lot watching you all and you for sure made it even easier to sweep. Once again thank you all for a fantastic morning out and look forward to doing it all again next weekend. I have uploaded a couple of pics to the gallery.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

A historical drive indeed (at least for me :) ).  Great terrain and excellent pace; I did not want it to end,, what a shame we had to go back to the real world. 

(Sorry I could not help much with the shoveling due to a right arm (shoulder, elbow and wrist) injury.. 

Hope to you all soon.. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Naim Aoun said:

A historical drive indeed (at least for me :) ).  Great terrain and excellent pace; I did not want it to end,, what a shame we had to go back to the real world. 

(Sorry I could not help much with the shoveling due to a right arm (shoulder, elbow and wrist) injury.. 

Hope to you all soon.. 

You did great @Naim Aoun specially for your first F+ drive

2 hours ago, Warren Flay said:

What a fantastic morning's drive! I am physically tired from sawing the wheel back and forth for 5 hours. @Islam Solimantook us on a technical, convoluted and ultimately challenging fewbie plus course and it was just so much fun. We had a heap of refusals, go-rounds and stucks but at the end of the day, we learn from every event don't we? I got to do my first tug job and enough shovelling to keep me happy for weeks. Thanks for giving the the responsibility of second lead, it was a thrill to be up front again boss. Big thanks to all the team on this drive, the spirit was excellent and the team work was faultless. BRAVO!

You were an outstanding 2nd lead today @Warren Flay and thanks a lot for all the help with shoveling and for the flawless execution of the tug to extract the beast from that stuck 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I’ve been waiting four weeks for @Gilbert Khalilto have a smile this big plastered on his face (in Dubai) and for him to say he “truly” loved the drive 😂🤔 Today, the radio crackled to life and I heard it, and I couldn’t agree more. Much like him, I can say with the utmost confidence, the rest of us too went home with smiles that big only to perhaps crash into our respective sacks.

Firstly, @Islam Soliman, WELCOME BACK! What a grand re-appearance. And I know we’re going to be seeing a ton of new drives on the roster soon (especially your heavyweight LWB editions ;))

@Warren Flay, I almost always expect you to be SL on any drive I have with you, and it’s such a pleasure to have you in that seat. You set an excellent pace for the convoy.

@Davie Chase, watching you in the rear view mirror today in your sweep role taking some of the lines you did, showed such wisdom and forced me to ask myself -  “why didn’t I do that?”

@imranaasghar81, thanks for flying the checkered flag. It’s a beautiful thing to chase down the middle. I am still seeing flashes of your air time 🚀

@Naim Aoun- what a splendid first FB+!

@Daniel Rodas- I’ve never heard a Pajero sound this good. Mitsubishi needs to take notes.

@Daniel Yang- my forever Y61 wingman. Thank you all in the front for giving us lovely churned up slopes to fishtail in :)

@Fabien Monleau- following your beautiful car on a stunning track is the icing on the cake :)

@Adhir Saxena- composed as always!

See you all out on the sands again soon 🐵

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Davie Chase said:

@Islam Soliman the comments on the radio post drive said it all, however, it never hurts to say it again. that really was one of the best drives i have been on since joining Carnity. Not that the other drives have not been absolutely fantastic, but today, wow, superb. It had everything from challenging terrain which we were able to cover quickly, to fantastic scenery, to great support and most importantly fantastic company. Thank you for allowing me to sweep that was very brave of you lol. a couple of shout outs to a great second lead by@Warren Flay and CF by@imranaasghar81 you guys made the sweepers job easy. Moreover, it was a pleasure to follow such great offroaders as all of you guys @Daniel Yang @munkybizness   @Adhir Saxena @Daniel Rodas @Naim Aoun @Gilbert Khalil  @Fabien Monleau learnt a lot watching you all and you for sure made it even easier to sweep. Once again thank you all for a fantastic morning out and look forward to doing it all again next weekend. I have uploaded a couple of pics to the gallery.

Thanks for accepting the challenge on the fly @Davie Chase without any hesitation due to the changes I had to make at the meeting point and I had no doubt you will be great support to this drive .. thanks again and looking forward for driving with you all again.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use