•  
Advertise here

Fortuner vs Prado

I believe there is a lot of cross over between spares and modifications across fj cruiser and Prado. Not sure so much about fortuner, so you may want to research and consider this if you think you will get more serious down the line and only want to own one car rather than desperate desert mule!

@Frederic any fortuner owners in the club that you can tag to balance out this debate?

Edited by Rob S

21 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I believe there is a lot of cross over between spares and modifications across fj cruiser and Prado. Not sure so much about fortuner, so you may want to research and consider this if you think you will get more serious down the line and only want to own one car rather than desperate desert mule!

@Frederic any fortuner owners in the club that you can tag to balance out this debate?

Yup, i think @Joji varghese @Luca Palanca Falsini @Rodi are all Fortunate Fortuner Owners :) 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I used to drive Fortuner quite a bit across South Africa.. And I can say that driving 10 hours was absolutely nice experience (did it many many times). Didn't do a lot of off-road though

I've also rented Prado a few times in Oman and can't say it was noticeably better on the road

• Like (+1) 1

Prado

Being one myself, I would recommend that in a instant. Fortuner may cost less but are not powerful enough. Modifications are way more easier and are very capable even when they are stock. models. If you are looking for buying second hand any model year is great !! Just be careful to buy the 4.0 lither V6 version as the other option (2.7ltr) is a bit under powered.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Vasja Zupan said:

Thanks @Frederic, @Waqas Parvez and @Patrick van der Loo,

I was thinking the same about rear diff lock. I guess there is also an option of putting ARB Air locker or (probably easier) Eaton E-Locker in as rear diff lock if really later needed. 

@Waqas Parvez and  @Patrick van der Loo - I'm in exactly the same spot now: Looking at Prado Adventure 2021 vs Fortuner VRX 2019... however there is a significant price difference... Is there any other spec element that one needs to be careful about at selecting Prado? Like any key difference between GRX vs VRX and Adventure versions one needs to be aware of?

Fortuner top spec and exr prado has the same price tag,the 2022 exr comes with android and apple car play 7inch screen,the only difference between exr and gxr is sunroof,7 airbags (instead of 2 in exr),gxr comes with 19inch and exr comes with 18inch (which is better for offroading)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Vasja ZupanPrado all the way. Most importantly is the Resale. Definitely there is a price difference and why should it not be? size, comfort makes the difference. The difference in Prado Variants is the tire size for GXR and Adventure with other features. If you are looking for the Prado 4.0 it should be as the fuel tank capacity is 150 ltr. 

If you are looking for any other Toyota. i would agree to @Hisham MasaadFJC is the best. Old but proven on-road and off-road.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi, Thanks for all this helpful insight guys.

@Waqas Parvez and @Patrick van der Loo where did you get bash skid plate installed? Did you find any kind of bull bar or similar modification for the front (and maybe back) bumper as well? The idea is to install both skid plate and replace front bumper. And keep original parts in order to get the car back to original if needed for resell. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Vasja Zupan said:

Hi, Thanks for all this helpful insight guys.

@Waqas Parvez and @Patrick van der Loo where did you get bash skid plate installed? Did you find any kind of bull bar or similar modification for the front (and maybe back) bumper as well? The idea is to install both skid plate and replace front bumper. And keep original parts in order to get the car back to original if needed for resell. 

Sharing the garage information is not allowed to remain unbiased and to prevent spamming.

You can leave your WhatsApp number here and Waqas and Patrick can share those garage information privately to you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.