•  
Advertise here

Car buying Advice- looking for family and off road vehicle in 70K

Immortal

1 minute ago, ASAD. said:

anyone here who can provide feedback on the new Xterra btw? I dont like the shape though but it still looks high enough and robust offroader. 

its a 2.5 l turbo engine car. Off road capabilities? Probably you can do a newbie, fewbie drive. Not the above levels. Nothing like the XTERRA of yesteryears. Its like the Pathfinders which came after the classic Pathfinder. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Both share the same engine, same gear, probably the differentials too and of course the same suspension. Pathfinder is a more comfortable car than Xterra but I believe the weight is slightly more than the X.  

Engine same but slightly more torque and bit less HP, Trans same yes. Pathfinder R51 is full independent, hence the entire rear is different from Xterra, which makes R51 more comfortable onroad. And Yes its indeed heavier with more seats and length.

1 hour ago, ASAD. said:

anyone here who can provide feedback on the new Xterra btw? I dont like the shape though but it still looks high enough and robust offroader. 

2.5 NA engine is pretty weak, same output as the 2,7 Prado/Fortuner, but new Xterra gets rear locker, making it more offroadable than the Toyota rivals. and i heard fuel economy can go as low as 9l/100km on highway, impressive for its size.

I was hoping that ME region Nissan will still keep the 4.0 engine, when Xterra was first debuted in Southeast Asia market with this 2.5, but no, its 2.5 Xterra all over the world. Looks like Nissan has kept all the VQ40DE engine supply to the more money making Patrols.

In China someone did swap back the 4.0 into the new Xterra, didnt get to see the performance yet.

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

Thanks carnitys for sahring your experiences, passion & love about off-road and Xterra. I‘ve seen that car many times in office parking and on road never noticed untill @Gauravmentioned. I immediately check out 20K xterras in facebook and found very good and off-road ready vehicles. I fell in love with Xterra since last week. I’m sure that’s going to be my off-road vehicle. But I’m still not yet decided about my family car. I don’t drive much to office. It’s only for weekends outing & road trips. Looking for 7 seater. I have 6 yrs old &  1.5yr old kids. Appreciate your suggestions. If I buy emotionally I would go for Range Rover discovery sport. If economical purchase then I would go for Prado. But still if you guys suggest some nice 7 seater with 4X4 or AWD SUV/crossover/wagons etc. I really appreciate your time and suggestions.  My budget is 80K for on road and off road vehicles.

I think the next best contender is 3.8 Pajero and after that Montero sport both available in 7 seat. 

for 80K budget you can get much never models maybe 2018+ with very low mileage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/26/2022 at 9:28 PM, Immortal said:

Thanks carnitys for sahring your experiences, passion & love about off-road and Xterra. I‘ve seen that car many times in office parking and on road never noticed untill @Gauravmentioned. I immediately check out 20K xterras in facebook and found very good and off-road ready vehicles. I fell in love with Xterra since last week. I’m sure that’s going to be my off-road vehicle. But I’m still not yet decided about my family car. I don’t drive much to office. It’s only for weekends outing & road trips. Looking for 7 seater. I have 6 yrs old &  1.5yr old kids. Appreciate your suggestions. If I buy emotionally I would go for Range Rover discovery sport. If economical purchase then I would go for Prado. But still if you guys suggest some nice 7 seater with 4X4 or AWD SUV/crossover/wagons etc. I really appreciate your time and suggestions.  My budget is 80K for on road and off road vehicles.

Go full emotional and buy Range Rover, not discovery sport to really spoil yourself and family properly. 

RR can be good for camping and newbie level drives too, as they are very good 4x4 but not meant for every week offroading.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use