•  
Advertise here

Car buying Advice- looking for family and off road vehicle in 70K

Immortal

Just now, Thomas Varghese said:

As far as I know there is a high demand for Xterra's now and a friend had been looking for 1 since a month( @GauravSoni ) couldn't find 1. Other friends I know who purchased Xterra's had to shell out min 35k 

image.png

Sort by price @Thomas Varghese

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/motors/used-cars/nissan/xterra/?ot=asc&o=3

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

49 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Of course Xterra is a powerful car. Ask Xterra owners in the club @Chaitanya D, @Asif Hussain, @Foxtrot Oscar, @M.Seidam, @Tbone@Rizwanm2, @Shaaz Sha, @Charbel, @Xavier Treasurer, @Joji varghese, @Kalahari. I don't do any preparations which I go for the drives with club - all the off road gear is already in the boot plus there is enough space to take anything else I require. Just check the fluids, deflate, put up the flag and I'm offroading 

IMG_3584.JPG

@Immortal Cannot agree any less to what is said here.

Xterra is serious hardcore offroader but doesn't mean its not good daily driver like other serious offroad cars.  I own my xterra for about 18 months now. Bought it as second car for offroad only. But now i hardly drive my other car. 

I agree that prado is very good choise for family use, offroad and for daily drive aswell. But with 70k budget your probably gona end up with high mileage 2010-2013 model. Instead if u decide for xterra you might probably spend max 50-55k for 2014-15 good condition car. Still you will have some spare cash to spend on mods if you wish or some camping gears. 

The major compromise would be xterra is 5 seater instead of 7 seat in prado. And 80l fuel tank in xterra instead of generous 150l in prado. Other than that everything else is almost similar for both cars even offroad performance.  

Sorry for stirring your thoughts, but this is my 2 cents opinion. 

Happy car hunting.😊

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

@Immortal Cannot agree any less to what is said here.

Xterra is serious hardcore offroader but doesn't mean its not good daily driver like other serious offroad cars.  I own my xterra for about 18 months now. Bought it as second car for offroad only. But now i hardly drive my other car. 

I agree that prado is very good choise for family use, offroad and for daily drive aswell. But with 70k budget your probably gona end up with high mileage 2010-2013 model. Instead if u decide for xterra you might probably spend max 50-55k for 2014-15 good condition car. Still you will have some spare cash to spend on mods if you wish or some camping gears. 

The major compromise would be xterra is 5 seater instead of 7 seat in prado. And 80l fuel tank in xterra instead of generous 150l in prado. Other than that everything else is almost similar for both cars even offroad performance.  

Sorry for stirring your thoughts, but this is my 2 cents opinion. 

Happy car hunting.😊

Same here @Rizwanm2. I have my Xterra since Jan 2020. I was driving a 2010 Altima till then. I was proud of my sedan and never thought I would abandon her for my new (old) car. This was actually thrust on me by one of my client so that I could go and repair his majlis inside the desert. I still remember the day I sat on Xterra. Fell in love instantly. My sedan is taking a good rest inside my office parking since almost an year. I only take it out to renew the registration and put it back in its parking. Same with @Shaaz Sha also. He has so many other cars but the only car I find him 90% of the time is his Xterra. There is something in the car which makes you love it. Its powerful, nimble as its light. The seat may not look that peppy and fashionable but I never have my back tiring even when I drive nonstop to Ruwais to see my daughter. 

IMG_3537.JPG

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Same here @Rizwanm2. I have my Xterra since Jan 2020. I was driving a 2010 Altima till then. I was proud of my sedan and never thought I would abandon her for my new (old) car. This was actually thrust on me by one of my client so that I could go and repair his majlis inside the desert. I still remember the day I sat on Xterra. Fell in love instantly. My sedan is taking a good rest inside my office parking since almost an year. I only take it out to renew the registration and put it back in its parking. Same with @Shaaz Sha also. He has so many other cars but the only car I find him 90% of the time is his Xterra. There is something in the car which makes you love it. Its powerful, nimble as its light. The seat may not look that peppy and fashionable but I never have my back tiring even when I drive nonstop to Ruwais to see my daughter. 

I think prado is a good option considering the resale value, but it's already over priced in the market. About off-road capabilities and maintenance what I feel is that X is a better choice. I love the way xterra perform on the road and off-road

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

2 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

As far as I know there is a high demand for Xterra's now and a friend had been looking for 1 since a month( @GauravSoni ) couldn't find 1. Other friends I know who purchased Xterra's had to shell out min 35k 

Of course Xterras are huge demand now, with you @Thomas Varghese acting as as pro bono brand ambassador for them and promoting it, it’s no surprise @Gaurav Soniis struggling.

• Haha (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

1 minute ago, Looper said:

Of course Xterras are huge demand now, with you @Thomas Varghese acting as as pro bono brand ambassador for them and promoting it, it’s no surprise @Gaurav Soniis struggling.

I love my car @Looper. More than that I love the red Xterra of @Shaaz Sha. Its a beauty to watch it scaling all the dunes available here. It just keeps on going and going. Never shies from a climb. Wish my car can do the same. My car does 90% of what that red Xterra does. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Of course Xterra is a powerful car. Ask Xterra owners in the club @Chaitanya D, @Asif Hussain, @Foxtrot Oscar, @M.Seidam, @Tbone@Rizwanm2, @Shaaz Sha, @Charbel, @Xavier Treasurer, @Joji varghese, @Kalahari. I don't do any preparations which I go for the drives with club - all the off road gear is already in the boot plus there is enough space to take anything else I require. Just check the fluids, deflate, put up the flag and I'm offroading 

IMG_3584.JPG

100% 

I had the Montero Sport and started my off road adventures in that , loved it , very comfortable but doesn’t have the power of the X.

The Xterra is just a dream, look after it well and you can drive the hell out of it in the sand . 

it’s also my daily commute car . The only upgrades I have are a skid plate and apple car play system .  

ps nice pic of the Rebelle X @Thomas Varghese

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

100% 

I had the Montero Sport and started my off road adventures in that , loved it , very comfortable but doesn’t have the power of the X.

The Xterra is just a dream, look after it well and you can drive the hell out of it in the sand . 

it’s also my daily commute car . The only upgrades I have are a skid plate and apple car play system .  

ps nice pic of the Rebelle X @Thomas Varghese

Its the best picture I shot that day. The shot denotes power, about to sprint into the unknown but the best feeling I get seeing that pic is the car looks majestic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Sorry if off track the subject …May be we should do an Xterra drive day , what say you Xterrians ? 😅 we can have a supersonic 🚆 ,  🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use