•  
Advertise here

Reliability of W211 E Class

This is my one of the old dream. I always wanted a W211 Mercedes E class. Now having some back pain problem reminded me that my Xterra is far from being comfortable and my SLK200 is horrible on comfort. This flamed up my willingness to buy a Mercedes E class. Why W211 well i can buy something newer but i feel like W211 was the last quality built Mercedes E class. W212 models are having button fading issues etc which doesn't fell like Mercedes quality anymore. 

Is anyone experienced these cars here in UAE? These are super reliable cars at Turkey or Europe but conditions here are questionable. My W171 2009 SLK200 holding up super well so far. But i got if first owner full Gargash serviced car which will be very hard to find nowadays. 

If anyone doesnt know W211 is the code of Mercedes E Class between 2002-2009.

mercedes-classe-e-2008-mercedes-benz-e-class-e280-cdi-sport-4dr-tip-auto-w211-saloon-diesel-autom_8207857184.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

It's a fantastic choice @sertac and I totally agree with everything you said above on Merc quality build, reliability, and a good balance of performance with luxury.

I had a brief experience of using the 2007 E350 of a friend when he was traveling as I was about to buy his car, but he changed his mind after coming back from vacation.

Strong advice, stay away from car dealers and even private dealers and look for private seller who has their name on the registration card. As I tried for over a month to find a clean one but ended up with all private dealer's cars and then I changed my mind.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

33 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

It's a fantastic choice @sertac and I totally agree with everything you said above on Merc quality build, reliability, and a good balance of performance with luxury.

I had a brief experience of using the 2007 E350 of a friend when he was traveling as I was about to buy his car, but he changed his mind after coming back from vacation.

Strong advice, stay away from car dealers and even private dealers and look for private seller who has their name on the registration card. As I tried for over a month to find a clean one but ended up with all private dealer's cars and then I changed my mind.

Thanks for the advice Gaurav. Was your friend having this car recently? How happy he was with it and do you remember what was the milage on it?

• Like (+1) 1

It was under 100k and 5 years old, when I have driven with FSH, single owner. That guy left the country year later in 2013/14

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just now, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

@sertaci guess early models of w211 has that issue, don't think it is present in the facelifted models.

As far as i know early models are having the SBC brake system issue. After facelift at 2006 they changed the brake system.