•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Flavours of Faqa - Dubai - 29 Jan 2022

Frederic

1 minute ago, Federico Galbieri said:

Hey guys, I am planning to bring some passengers with me tomorrow, do you know by any chance if there are still restrictions about car-sharing and the max amount of people in the car?

I can’t find recent updates about it..

Cheers,

Federico

Hi @Federico Galbieri that's a good question. We are following the law of the land, and during the lockdown period it was indeed not allowed to carry passengers in your vehicle if they were not living together. 

I think you can take a maximum of two passengers along with you (see article which dated from August 2021):

Covid in UAE: New exemption for 3-person rule in vehicles - News | Khaleej Times

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Federico Galbieri 

Pre-drive: If you're bringing passengers for the first time on a drive, do also check with them before hand if any of them experience motion sickness. If they do, it's a good thing for them to take Dizinil (Dimenhydrinate) tablets about an hour before the drive. Also, keep plenty of water and paper bags on you just in case.

During the drive: If it gets bad for your passengers, try rotating the ones feeling it the most to the front of the car and keep your windows down if you can.

Saying out loud what you're doing next really helps backseat passengers - such as "climbing up to the left now", "we're going down to the right now", etc. Since passengers in the back are literally riding a roller-coaster, these aids help them orient themselves.

Trust me - a 20min "safari" experience is very different from a 2+ hour off-road drive. Not scaring you but be ready for it.

And if you find amazing passengers who don't feel a thing, keep them for life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Federico Galbieri that's a good question. We are following the law of the land, and during the lockdown period it was indeed not allowed to carry passengers in your vehicle if they were not living together. 

I think you can take a maximum of two passengers along with you (see article which dated from August 2021):

Covid in UAE: New exemption for 3-person rule in vehicles - News | Khaleej Times

Hi Frederic, thank you for your reply! I actually read that article, and that’s why I asked, because it’s from Aug 2021 and I couldn’t find any updates after that.. I think I’ll stick to that article then 👍🏻

Thanks again and see you on Saturday!

1 hour ago, munkybizness said:

@Federico Galbieri 

Pre-drive: If you're bringing passengers for the first time on a drive, do also check with them before hand if any of them experience motion sickness. If they do, it's a good thing for them to take Dizinil (Dimenhydrinate) tablets about an hour before the drive. Also, keep plenty of water and paper bags on you just in case.

During the drive: If it gets bad for your passengers, try rotating the ones feeling it the most to the front of the car and keep your windows down if you can.

Saying out loud what you're doing next really helps backseat passengers - such as "climbing up to the left now", "we're going down to the right now", etc. Since passengers in the back are literally riding a roller-coaster, these aids help them orient themselves.

Trust me - a 20min "safari" experience is very different from a 2+ hour off-road drive. Not scaring you but be ready for it.

And if you find amazing passengers who don't feel a thing, keep them for life.

Thanks buddy! Yes, I actually wanted to bring a couple of friends, but I am having some doubts about motion sickness and undefined carpooling restrictions… my girlfriend always comes with me, she lots of fun and doesn’t feel sick 😎👍🏻

• Well Done (+2) 1

10 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Amr Aydin @Thian @Kishore Venkat i have added you to the drive as you were the first on the WL with no confirmed drives yet for this weekend. Kindly confirm if you can make it. If not, i will add the next in the WL.

Thanks !

Hi Frederic,

Sorry I will give a miss this weekend. Please remove my name from the list. 

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Federico Galbieri said:

Hey guys, I am planning to bring some passengers with me tomorrow, do you know by any chance if there are still restrictions about car-sharing and the max amount of people in the car?

I can’t find recent updates about it..

Cheers,

Federico

@Federico Galbieri..last week I called the Dubai police call center to check on this. The 3 person per car limit is still valid. As per the internet masks are to be worn inside the car if they are not from the same household.Dubai police call center can be reached on 901. 

• Like (+1) 2

CONVOY LIST (Updated 28 Jan 9AM)

image.png.a1f7f628deb9766ecfced0d98c6a6601.png

@Federico De Chirico @Mohammed Sirajuddin@Zulfikhar Naiyar@Kishore Venkat@Yesu Yarlagadda@Thian@Eli Zandro Hamoy@Rajeevan Vickneswaran@Faiz Amir@Amr Aydin@Emanuel@Eduardo sos@Gerrit Bus@Federico Galbieri@Alfred Alinazar @Srikumar

Please find your convoy positions for tomorrow posted here above.

We will be using Channel 2: 446.03125 Mhz for our radio comms.

Please be on time, and earlier is always better :) 

See you all tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, Frederic said:

CONVOY LIST

image.png.bec96c9e384752b8ba570c28591b506e.png

@Federico De Chirico @Mohammed Sirajuddin@Zulfikhar Naiyar@Kishore Venkat@Yesu Yarlagadda@Thian@Eli Zandro Hamoy@Rajeevan Vickneswaran@Faiz Amir@Amr Aydin@Emanuel@Eduardo sos@Gerrit Bus@Federico Galbieri@Alfred Alinazar @Srikumar

Please find your convoy positions for tomorrow posted here above.

We will be using Channel 2: 446.03125 Mhz for our radio comms.

Please be on time, and earlier is always better :) 

See you all tomorrow !

Hi Frederic, 

Sorry I can not make it tomorrow please give my seat to someone. 

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Thian said:

Hi Frederic, 

Sorry I can not make it tomorrow please give my seat to someone. 

Thanks 

Thanks for informing @Thian, see you next time !

24 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

Hello guys,

I just joined carnity and very excited.

Can I join this drive. I have a 2009 Infiniti QX56 stock.

Regards Krishna

Hi @Krishna R welcome to Carnity ! For your first drive with Carnity you will need to sign up for the Absolute Newbie drive tomorrow. There is still available space. Once you have completed the Absolute Newbie drive, you are welcome to join Newbie level drives.

You can signup for below drive:

Important Information

Terms of use