•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Sharjah - 30 Jan 2022

Foxtrot Oscar

8 minutes ago, Sam H said:

@Foxtrot OscarIt’s my first drive with the group, I have not completed the masterclass but have a reasonably good experience with multiple group drives previously. Can I still join today’s ride? Many thanks

Yeah, I understand that, however Carnity's policy is that you must complete 1 Absolute Newbie drive with the club, no matter your previous experience. Once complete the Marshal will review your experience and you can then join future Newbie drives. 

You can view the club structure here:

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Well that thinned out nicely, the train now resembles a sleek machine of a convoy! 

Here's what you can expect:
Red sands, tall climbs, and lots of practice on some safe, playable areas. This is a Newbie's dream area as the dunes are challenging but not insurmountable. We will be able to stop and have demo's of small side slopes that will test your new found skills. We usually head to the majestic Fossil Rock but those tourist types have taken over the area so it is a no go zone. 

Those of you who have RSVPd, please please please announce now if you can't make it so that I can draft one in from the waitlist 

My proposed  revised FINAL convoy is as follows: 

We meet at 2pm
https://goo.gl/maps/PLc9YuWMhqKWShaJ9

We are using Radio Channel 2 (two) 446.031

Driver

Car

Rank

Position

@Foxtrot Oscar

Xterra

Marshal

Lead

@Archibald Jurdi

TJ

IM

2nd Lead

@Laura Conesa

Cherokee

3rd

@Murad Hamed

Y61

4th

@karim hamandi

@Yerem Davtyan

Xterra (2020)

Tahoe

5th

6th

@Han

Jimmy

7th

@Danish Mohammad

SWB Pajoro

IM

CF

@Sree - Fortuner

Fortuner

9th

@Mo.

Red Sahara

10th

@Andrew McCarthy

LWB Pajero

11th

@Ahmed MATAR

Pajero

12th

@Sivakumar

Patrol

13th

@Siddharth gupta
@Nadeem Ansari

F150
LC

IM

14th
15th

@Alex Raptor

Raptor

Support Team

Sweep

Yalla!!!

Apologies, I won't be able to make it. @Foxtrot Oscar

• Like (+1) 1

Drive Report

There’s a reason I give up my free time and volunteer to take a crowd of people I don’t know from Adam out into the desert .

Today’s drive was that reason! Give yourselves a massive pat on the back because by goodness did you earn your desert stripes today with a side sloping fiesta in Mahafiz! 👏 

We started off gradually and slowly but surely, every single driver, upped their game, time and time again until you were pulling the most audacious side slopes, I think we saw one fishtail the whole day!!! What was the most pleasing aspect for me personally is that you all self recovered brilliantly, and steered down when you had to! 

@Laura Conesa you started off a bit tentatively, as to be expected on a first Newbie drive, but I think the self recovery really helped your confidence and you didn't look back, Great job.

@Murad Hamedgreat drive today, flawless, took everything in your stride and handled your car well, Clearly nor your first time in the sand my friend, Nice driving.

@karim hamandiAnother who had a flawless drive, you were getting used to your car's power too. Really nice driving.

@Yerem DavtyanI'm glad you managed to join us, it was great to see you handle the 96 Tahoe out there, Well done.

@Han Very nice driving my friend, one slightly sticky moment but you responded and self recovered well. Well done!

@Sree - FortunerExcellent drive Sree, another who had a flawless drive and self recovered.

@Mo.A pleasure driving with you, you;;re really handling the jeep well and with finesse too. Well done

@Andrew McCarthyYou don't half put that Pajero through its paces mate. Great driving! Oh and your first tug in the desert too. Lucky you 

@SivakumarSiva, you are my star of the day, What an absolute pleasure it was to watch you grow in confidence as the drive progressed. Your self-recovery on the side slope was excellent, and you didn't need to do it again because the fear was gone and you knew the momentum would carry you. Honestly, what a champion! Love it!

@Siddharth guptaMy quiet champion! Sitting there at the back, floating that leviathan of yours around those dunes without breaking a sweat and on your second drive!! What a drive my friend, well done!

A massive thank you to my excellent support today, @Archibald Jurdi, great to see you mate after such a long time and thanks for the excellent 2nd lead.  @Alex Raptorwho was sweeping at the back, offering advice and pulling it out as he loves to do in the desert , My De Facto Centre forward @Danish Mohammad, an absolute pleasure to drive with you again, and a wonderful job done in support, thank you, and @Janarthanmy fellow xman ! Great to have you as the flying sweep! 

Finally thank you to all of you for being such an utterly fantastic convoy, for listening to my instructions, following them and indulging me in one of my favourite things. 

Until our next adventure 😎

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks so much Alison. That was great fun. Thanks also to Alex for my first desert tug, and to all the other support. Looking forward to getting back up to Sharjah some time. Andrew 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar it was a great drive with you and all. Had fun. My son enjoyed &  loved it 💙❤. 

Hope I did my best to manage with my stock(2.7L / 4C) an smooth drive in the convoy. 

@Sivakumar  excellent courage you built over the time that it showed up the immense power that was hidden in that hood. 👍👍.

Hope to see u all you in next.....

Cheers 

Edited by Sree - Fortuner
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use