•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 29 Jan 2022

Brette

33 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

Hey Guys,

I do not have these - Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor

Any idea on where to get them. I live in IMPZ, Dubai 

The nearest shop for you will be Speedex in DIP. They have all these things.

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Taimur Khan said:

Is there any radio frequency we should be aware of , for this drive? I know radios are not mandatory but excited to try out mine for the drive. Haven't used one before so I asked the shop guy to tune/ set all 10 Carnity frequencies on the radio😁

@Taimur Khanby 8.30 PM I will put up the convoy numbering for the drive and also post which channel we would use. As long as you have all 10 tuned you are good, in the morning you can just switch to the channel number. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Hashem Rihanthis drive is only for those who are driving with Carnity for the very first time. I have removed your RSVP from this drive and you can sign up for waitlist for any of the newbie drives. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Haitham, looking forward to meeting you.

I drive jeep grand cherooke limited 2018, 8.6 ground clearance, with front & Rear tow hooks. 

I took Carnity masterclass with Kailas 2 month ago and other few drives in qudra.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Haitham Khattab said:

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Haitham, looking forward to meeting you.

I drive jeep grand cherooke limited 2018, 8.6 ground clearance, with front & Rear tow hooks. 

I took Carnity masterclass with Kailas 2 month ago and other few drives in qudra.

Welcome @Haitham Khattab, nice to have another JGC on board. Have you removed the front lower facia, if not, I would recommend doing that as it is prone to getting ripped off in the desert. I learnt it the hard way. It can be removed by you without any additional tools. There are 5 plastic screw type knobs that you can easily access at the bottom of the facia , just turn them 180 degrees and then you will be able to pull the facia off. 

1 hour ago, Luiz Nóbrega said:

Hi. I have a pathfinder 2009, recovery points at the front and behind. More than 8 inches clearance. No off-road experience on the sand. 

thanks 

Welcome @Luiz Nóbrega

1 hour ago, Roger Theodoro said:

Hi! I drive a Toyota Hilux 2017. There are tow hooks at the front (I'm looking for the rear ones). More than 8 inches clearance. No off-road experience.

Welcome @Roger Theodoro. The hilux should have rear tow points as well, but please double check as it is mandatory to join the drive. Check just behind the rear bumper.

Drive RSVP is now closed:

Welcome @Paolo Morresi @Taimur Khan @Haitham Khattab @JKB @Krishna R @Nadeem Ansari @Luiz Nóbrega @Roger Theodoro @Samer Najm @JeromeFJ

Here is the convoy numbering and order for tomorrows drive. We would be using Carnity radio channel 1, 446 006.25. For those who do not have a radio, we will lend you one for the drive tomorrow.

If you do need to reach me in case of an emergency, my number is O52 6771O76.

Please make sure to go through the Absolute Newbie Video briefing as it is very important, failing to do so could lead to you being sent back. Videos links available on page 1 of this drive post.

Please be on time (a little earlier to give yourself time to deflate your tires) and make sure you have a full tank of fuel.

See you'll in the sand.

image.png.7c93cc2f617655bf5ced0a7bcd129068.png

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use