•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Al Quaa - Abu Dhabi - 29 Jan 2022

Gaurav

24 minutes ago, Ilya said:

Without the booster you still can enter with a fresh PCR - no? I have less than 6 months since my last vaccine - so don't need a booster.

With more than 6 months in last vaccine, understand you can't ...it's a bit of grey area though instruction in news says booster is mandatory. Booked my slot for this Thursday let's see..

27 minutes ago, Zed said:

@Ilya @varunmehndiratta

Officially from Abu Dhabi Media Office: UnVaccinated can enter with PCR Negative within 96 hours
Officially from AL Hosn App: Vaccinated needs 2 doses + 1 Booster after 6 months + PCR Negative within 14 days

Screenshots below 👇

270150057_137773505311146_8333282656380037202_n.jpg.e496d69f24d3bad558fc3231270ca97e.jpg

1479711876_WhatsAppImage2022-01-25at11_47_06AM.jpeg.144fbd642fa19b48d8210eb2ebc56f28.jpeg

Hey @Zed believe that provision of 96 hrs is only for tourists....mid Jan the instructions mentioned need for Booster. I haven't been to AD since then so have no personal experience though. So any one visiting regularly might be able to advice. 

https://visitabudhabi.ae/en/plan-your-trip/covid-safe-travel

I just got my PCR done today, as some people last week experienced 2-3 days to get result.

With 14 days validity now, at least we can plan PCR couple of days in advance.

@Ilya you are right, if your second dose is less than 6 months then you wont get any booster, anyways.

I got my third Pfizer in Dec, so after this today's PCR, I should have green Al Hosn soon 🤞

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hey @Zed believe that provision of 96 hrs is only for tourists....mid Jan the instructions mentioned need for Booster. I haven't been to AD since then so have no personal experience though. So any one visiting regularly might be able to advice. 

this one might be clearer >> Entry Procedures to Abu Dhabi | Abu Dhabi Government Media Office

Entering Abu Dhabi emirate from within the UAE
Unvaccinated individuals are required to present a negative PCR test result received within 96 hours.

My reading is "individual" = citizen, resident, tourist, human being...  😁

Your Mid-Jan Rule might be the one for Citizens: if you're a Citizen (wearing Kandura) then yes you can't go anywhere without Booster (see NCEMA announcement below)

The 10-Jan-2022 ban on unvaccinated citizens (not residents) 👇

FIBK2PTakAE46D4.jpg.16e75884a5da6c8de3c3bf2350af89a7.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I just got my PCR done today, as some people last week experienced 2-3 days to get result.

With 14 days validity now, at least we can plan PCR couple of days in advance.

@Ilya you are right, if your second dose is less than 6 months then you wont get any booster, anyways.

I got my third Pfizer in Dec, so after this today's PCR, I should have green Al Hosn soon 🤞

GMC Hospital in Ajman gives PCR test result in less than 8 hours for a fee of 100 AED. I had taken the test last week after my Covid honeymoon. 

21 minutes ago, Zed said:

this one might be clearer >> Entry Procedures to Abu Dhabi | Abu Dhabi Government Media Office

Entering Abu Dhabi emirate from within the UAE
Unvaccinated individuals are required to present a negative PCR test result received within 96 hours.

My reading is "individual" = citizen, resident, tourist, human being...  😁

Your Mid-Jan Rule might be the one for Citizens: if you're a Citizen (wearing Kandura) then yes you can't go anywhere without Booster (see NCEMA announcement below)

The 10-Jan-2022 ban on unvaccinated citizens (not residents) 👇

FIBK2PTakAE46D4.jpg.16e75884a5da6c8de3c3bf2350af89a7.jpg

Yup you found the loop hole ..😂 was surely not differentiating the right way .

4 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

It’s for residents too as I crossed it coming from Fujairah , so don’t know if the mood of the officers 👮 count too !

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mus_hus78 said:

It’s for residents too as I crossed it coming from Fujairah , so don’t know if the mood of the officers 👮 count too !

bro @Mus_hus78 you're not even vaccinated so that proves the point that for Residents there is no need for booster but just PCR 96hours 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Zed said:

bro @Mus_hus78 you're not even vaccinated so that proves the point that for Residents there is no need for booster but just PCR 96hours 😁

And articles keep popping creating more confusion....i think best get booster (in any case required for own self) and get PCR done. Don't want to return back from border after having woken up at 4am on a weekend. @Zed they caught your loop hole in this article..🙂

https://english.alarabiya.net/coronavirus/2022/01/25/Abu-Dhabi-says-vaccinated-tourists-need-no-boosters-to-enter

Screenshot_20220125-213225.jpg

Edited by varunmehndiratta

Wow guys, what a drive this is going to be! Knowing it’s Gaurav, of course the rating is grossly underestimated😱

So @Gaurav, what to bring? Extra tools? Recovery vehicle…?😂 Seriously, should we bring friends in the car, or not adviseable…?

• Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use