•  

Sand Tracks anyone?

Markus B

I see many cars with these plastic sand tracks you put under your tires when you are stuck, and some people consider them essential. 

At carnity drives though i never saw them used for a recovery, i don't even remember seeing anyone carrying them.

Whats your opinion on these?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Markus B said:

I see many cars with these plastic sand tracks you put under your tires when you are stuck, and some people consider them essential. 

At carnity drives though i never saw them used for a recovery, i don't even remember seeing anyone carrying them.

Whats your opinion on these?

They CAN help.... but we are talking about 10% success rate, and looking at the costs of these units, we always encouraged the people to practice self-recovery skills and those skills are basically priceless.

If you are a solo-offroader who is travelling across the empty quarter.. .well maybe yes get a set of 4 in case you are bogged down in a sabkha :) 

PS there are many different kinds. The only ones i've seen working are the hard plastic orange or green boards from reputable brands. These tracks that you can roll-up (Bushranger etc..) are worthless in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Markus B thank you for bringing this up . I believe the sand tracks ( good quality one like AOR for example ) can be very helpful in certain situations when properly placed and under which wheel in question . I agree with @Frederic that the basics of self recovery is to be taught first and that’s what we do in Carnity and any gadget shouldn’t be a replacement to the skills acquiring in desert self recovery . However these tracks in some tricky situations can be fast and quick to get you out of trouble . 
I personally used while in Carnity drives three times and it worked . 
image.jpeg.305d17484ed56b84125dfae541b68eb9.jpeg

https://youtu.be/VwD5MsIOaNM

image.jpeg.23af7d4618e0c42f9f26d9dbc32ff75a.jpegimage.jpeg.e83b4e808fe29611ae0279c31e0d8a3d.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use