•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 06 Feb 2022

Shaaz Sha

@Shaaz Sha thanks for an excellent drive this morning and entrusting me with the sweep position. Your drives never fail to deliver. Apart from the stops to repair the pop outs, it felt like we covered a lot of ground and kept a fairly decent pace up. Certainly helped by the fact that there we so few refusals/stucks today. I guess that shows we are all improving! The bowl at the end was definitely worth extending the drive for. 

@Looper thanks for your support. I enjoyed watching you do the side sloping and seeing how it should be done.

@Vinod Damodaranhope you got back home without too much bother. Bet you can't wait to get back into the Jeep!

@Michel Van Woudenberg enjoyed following in your tracks. Your new LC has some serious power.

I took some pictures along the way, including one of everyone as they attempted the large bowl at the end.  Have posted on the gallery. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

thanks a lot @Shaaz Sha for the amazing drive. Thanks to @Looperfor the support and especially the puncture repair kit :). I went straight to the tyre shop to get the tyre checked and cleaned, the guy said the repair was proper and did require to be redone so an excellent first time repair to both of you. Thanks to @Tom B for being a wonderful sweep and to everyone else for the being sport during the pop-outs and refusals. Im glad we all got to play a little bit at the end, made the drive all more satisfying. Look forward to see you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Hello off roaders. Thank you all for signing up and being on time. It was a WOW!! drive once again with every one of you and enjoyed it. We were all set to hit the sand and by 7.10, we began the drive. It was a sluggish start as after few minutes of the drive we had a pop out in @ASAD. vehicle . It was done quickly.. but after inflating the tyre ,, found that there was a puncture and the air was leaking . Thanks to @Looper as he landed up with the tire repair kit and some how with multiple ideas, we fixed the issue :). We were fortunate today that we didn't come across many cross tracks. It was nice to attempt  few side slopes and ridge riding  and every one of you did it great. After the initial pop put and fixing it...It was then a smooth drive with out much of issues. It was good to meet another carnity convoy under @Foxtrot Oscar and @JeromeFJ on our way. In approximately an hour  after the break, we had to deal with second pop out of the day with @Vinod Damodaran car and this time it really took some time to fix the issue and i appreciate your patience.. thank you guys. But even after fixing the pop out it continued to lose the air prompting @Vinod Damodaran to exit the drive. After exiting him to the tarmac we continued the drive. On our way to the play area and exit,  ..we had to face a few refusals and re attempts.. BUT it was superb to end the drive with a blast.. Thanks to @Looper for the support and helps in recoveries . It was nice to use and practice your tire repair kit.😜. thank you bro for your help in fixing the pop outs. Thank you @hugo for the second lead. You did really well except for not following the tracks a couple of times. Thank you @Tom B for being an Excellent Sweep. You did an amazing job today buddy. @Andrew McCarthy. did a good job with your Pajero buddy. It was nice to see you confidently negotiating the dunes and ridges and did a good job stopping your vehicle when you lost the track.👍. @Issaa..xterra !! we share the same spirit bro. you were amazing today with the X and was nice to see you performing effortlessly. Good job. @Joseph Raju with Y61..did great today bro. You were all cool and silent making it with ease . Well done. @ASAD. did well bro. All went good after the pop out and was nice to see you enjoying your drive. keep up the spirit. @Vinod Damodaran..i think it was a not a very good day for you with your Lexus. You did really well in managing the heavy beast,, but unfortunate towards the end. Hope you sorted out the issue and back home safely. @Reggie Landicho you were really good buddy. and it was nice to see you after long. Thanks for your help with compressor and did excellent with your JK👏.. @Michel Van Woudenberg.. superb bro. was nice to see you charging with your beast and i believe you are in full sync with your new desert toy now. Thank you all for a superb day and see you soon. Some pics in the gallery 🙏

IMG_20220206_082808~2.jpg

51 minutes ago, Tom B said:

@Shaaz Sha thanks for an excellent drive this morning and entrusting me with the sweep position. Your drives never fail to deliver. Apart from the stops to repair the pop outs, it felt like we covered a lot of ground and kept a fairly decent pace up. Certainly helped by the fact that there we so few refusals/stucks today. I guess that shows we are all improving! The bowl at the end was definitely worth extending the drive for. 

@Looper thanks for your support. I enjoyed watching you do the side sloping and seeing how it should be done.

@Vinod Damodaranhope you got back home without too much bother. Bet you can't wait to get back into the Jeep!

@Michel Van Woudenberg enjoyed following in your tracks. Your new LC has some serious power.

I took some pictures along the way, including one of everyone as they attempted the large bowl at the end.  Have posted on the gallery. 

Hello Every one,  I am so sorry for the trouble due to my car tire issue. my apologies to all 🙏.😥

Very very grateful to Shaaz, Looper , Reggie and so many of you for excellent support.❤️ It was hard work, thank you all again.

I drove straight to Qudra petrol station and then checked the pressure, surprisingly the pressure was 44psi on the popped out tire. I deflated down to 34psi. probably the leak was due to sand stuck on some area of the rim which got set in motion. 

However due to early exit, went to ACE and picked up some recovery stuff to be quick 💪 in case it happens again ( hope never again ). Got an Air Jack ( Bushranger balloon type ), ARB Compressor, a Long arm Shovel and few other essential stuff..

And Yea Tom, sure I will be with the Jeep next time, and destroy the way for Reggie  with my zig zag driving... 😝.

See you all soon , Cheers !

• Like (+1) 5

@Shaaz Sha Many thanks to you and the rest of the group for a great fun drive on my first Fewbie gig. Hope I didn’t screw up the tracks too badly for those behind me. I am still looking for that lost track though…

@Looperthanks for your help. @Vinod Damodaran no need to apologise for your pneumatic misfortune. I am sure it will happen to us all at some point, if it hasn’t already. @Tom B thanks for the cool pics.

Onwards.

• Like (+1) 5

The drive was really amazing and really enjoyed it. Thank you @Shaaz Shafor guiding us in this wonderful drive.

@ASAD. your tire pop out helps us to understand how to do the puncture repair during the drives. It was really helpful.

For me this drive is a lesson how to control the vehicle on ridge driving. Everyone perform very well. We only have few stuck and refusals.

Thank you @Looper for your support throughout the drive and @Tom B for the marvelous sweep.

@Vinod Damodaran really happy to hear that your tire is Ok. Sometimes like this will happen during drives, I already faced a similar situation before and had to leave the convoy. The support of Carnity members are superb. 

87E031AF-C050-4486-94D8-153DC6FDCA13.jpeg

59532B25-C320-4694-BFD8-73C555C22564.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Shaaz Sha for a truly wonderful drive. The surprise play area at the end was cherry on the top. Never knew Qudra has such nice spots to offer, even the mid section of long range dunes were great fun to drive.

@Tom B thanks a lot for keeping an eye at the back and helping in keeping the flock together. 

@ASAD. & @Vinod Damodaran pop outs happen all the time and it is part of game, we fix it and move ahead that's all. We had a couple of pop outs just the previous morning, one with my car so there's nothing to be troubled about. 

@hugo, @Andrew McCarthy, @Issaa, @Joseph Raju @Reggie Landicho and @Michel Van Woudenberg it was great driving with you guys and you drove nicely and had good control over your cars. See you all soon in the desert discovering even more nice playgrounds.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Thanks @Shaaz Sha for another amazing  drive lead. Fantastic track with mix of various challenges and fun, most specially the bowl plays. Lots of fun there!

I must commend the support you have showed with 2 pop outs. We’ve had a brilliant support from @Looper!  Very well prepared and takes every opportunity to help.

Thanks as well to @Tom B for looking after the rest of pac.

I must say everyone did a very good drive, well disciplined in the convoy.

Nice to meet all of you! Until next time!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use