•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 6 Feb 2022

Foxtrot Oscar

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 6 Feb 2022_sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

This is an off-road drive for beginners where you'll drive and learn at your own pace:

• This is not a training session.
  • This is not a 1:1 teaching class.
  • This is not a Desert Driving Course.

If you are interested in comprehensive 1:1 training sessions, please check Desert Driving Courses.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For the ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who is driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Important links to read:

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  6 February 2022, Sunday.

Meeting time: 8:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Saturday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

• Frederic changed the title to Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 6 Feb 2022

Hi Angela, just to let you know, I am/was a Fewbie last year but had to take a break since May for 8 months because of a shoulder surgery. I've just rejoined & felt it best to start with this absolute newbie drive to r5efresh & ease myself back into desert driving. 

Trust you'll let me join this drive & hopefully looking forward to resuming offroad driving.

Thanks, 

Soumya 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 1/30/2022 at 10:19 AM, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Front and rear tow hooks

Hi,

I'm driving a stock Toyota Prado 2021 only fitted with stock tow hook back and front, not the heavy duty ones, (pictures included)

Is this sufficient or do I need to fix additional ones before first drive. I will do that anyway I'm just not sure I'll manage to do that this week. 

Looking forward to Sunday. 

Thanks.

IMG_0597 Large.jpeg

IMG_0598 Large.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Vasja Zupan said:

Hi,

I'm driving a stock Toyota Prado 2021 only fitted with stock tow hook back and front, not the heavy duty ones, (pictures included)

Is this sufficient or do I need to fix additional ones before first drive. I will do that anyway I'm just not sure I'll manage to do that this week. 

Looking forward to Sunday. 

Thanks.

IMG_0597 Large.jpeg

IMG_0598 Large.jpeg

Couldnt see the bolts in the first picture but the second pictures shows 2 bolts connecting the hook to frame, sufficient but 3 bolts and more are preferable. I think you are good for now.

Looks like Prado has won battle with Fortuner without hassel

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks @Zixuan Huang - Charlie, this is helpful. I'll take a look at options to upgrade asap.

37 minutes ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Looks like Prado has won battle with Fortuner without hassel

Yes, Prado won but not totally without hassle :-) :-) 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, abms2ktrooper said:

Just wanted to confirm...does this drive require offroad flags..as per the faq/essential items it mentions newbie and above..and this drive is given as absolute newbie

Hi, nope, you'll be fine without.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Good evening and a warm welcome to all new joiners to this club !

@Vasja Zupan– Prado

@Ameera AlMarzooqi-LC 100

@Luiz Nóbrega- Pathfinder

@CEdric Rodrigues- Patrol

@Paul OR-Prado

@soumyasaklani- Prado(welcome back :) )

@Krishna R - Infiniti QX56

@shailendra singh vilkhu- Montero Sport 

@Sam HSuper Safari 

@Nadeem Ansari Landcruiser

@Waqar Ahmed Khan Patrol

@abms2ktrooper Isuzu Amigo

Great to see so many of you signing up for your first drive. As a basic introduction, kindly reply to the following:

1) Can you confirm the 4x4 you will be driving ?

2) Do you have prior off-roading experience ? If so please clarify

3) Does your vehicle have front and back towpoints ? This is mandatory before being eligible to join.

Tools Needed

For your very first drive with us, we would like to ask you to bring a pressure gauge, deflator tool, and a compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive. (the one near the gas station is usually defective).

The next tools you will be needing from second drive onwards, are a walkie-talkie, off-road flag, and a decent shovel. If by any chance you have these tools already you are of course welcome to bring them along on your first drive.

Welcome aboard! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Can you confirm the 4x4 you will be driving ?-as given..isuzu amigo

2) Do you have prior off-roading experience ? If so please clarify-about 10 years or so..have participated in other offroad groups/clubs

3) Does your vehicle have front and back towpoints ? This is mandatory before being eligible to join.-yes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Good evening and a warm welcome to all new joiners to this club !

@Vasja Zupan– Prado

@Ameera AlMarzooqi-LC 100

@Luiz Nóbrega- Pathfinder

@CEdric Rodrigues- Patrol

@Paul OR-Prado

@soumyasaklani- Prado(welcome back :) )

@Krishna R - Infiniti QX56

@shailendra singh vilkhu- Montero Sport 

@Sam HSuper Safari 

@Nadeem Ansari Landcruiser

@Waqar Ahmed Khan Patrol

@abms2ktrooper Isuzu Amigo

Great to see so many of you signing up for your first drive. As a basic introduction, kindly reply to the following:

1) Can you confirm the 4x4 you will be driving ?

2) Do you have prior off-roading experience ? If so please clarify

3) Does your vehicle have front and back towpoints ? This is mandatory before being eligible to join.

Tools Needed

For your very first drive with us, we would like to ask you to bring a pressure gauge, deflator tool, and a compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive. (the one near the gas station is usually defective).

The next tools you will be needing from second drive onwards, are a walkie-talkie, off-road flag, and a decent shovel. If by any chance you have these tools already you are of course welcome to bring them along on your first drive.

Welcome aboard! 

M driving Mitsubishi Montero sport 4*4 GLS

2 hours ago, abms2ktrooper said:

I don't have any off road experience but m driving past 25 years 

And my car has proper hooks front and back

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use