•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 5 Feb 2022

Chaitanya D

Thanks @Chaitanya D for the lovely afternoon drive and thanks all for a fun filled drive.

Starting from Lisali the convoy cut through some technical and some long range dunes. Driving southward  we passed through the tricky Desert Championship waypoints to end the drive next to love lakes....and what a busy end point it was, felt more like entrance at Expo. 

It was a signature @Chaitanya D drive with learning perfectly blended into fun -  the track n terrain ensured  all our tools - ropes, shackles, shovels, jack etc were out on sand and  the nervous faces on the ridge and smiles upon accomplishment reminded me of my first FB drive with Chaitanya in Sweihan almost an year back .. i fell in love with Criss crossing that day and was clear yesterday that the whole convoy had fun with it as well. 

Overall we drove around 43Km at an average moving speed of 21Km/,hr, a good effort considering the decietful Lissali terrain we traversed through. 

@Rob S and @Bruno Finel you had perfect drives. Thanks Rob for executing SL role to perfection . Lisali is not an easy terrain to lead and demands a strong SL, you handled it very nicely. 

@Shahid Mehmood @Patrick van der Loo and @Bhaskar you all handled your ships very well.   As we already discussed during and post drive, the long ln. entails more tendency to fishtail, so stay focussed on right momentum and lines. Again the rule of thumb - when in doubt steer down. 

@FARAZ MOHAMMED a fun day at work for you, that's what FB drives are for. Every refusal, crest, pop out makes one a better offroader and you had it all.🙂. Was nice to see you self recover from that crest. Do get all your tyres checked before the next drive. 

@Prakash Anoop @AlexM @KAMALIO The Wrangler Boys just sailed through the terrain and so did our lone FJ @Pierre de Maigret. Beautifully driven.

Thanks @Kailas for your guidance throughout and keeping the  long convoy together. 

Hope to see you all on sand soon. 

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the great drive and @Kailas, @varunmehndiratta for the support! I particularly liked the attention on proper learning, when you gathered us all and showed ridge riding with the toy car, it helps to visualize the technique. 

@varunmehndiratta thank you for the tip on fishtailing, getting more used to it by the day! Will keep it in mind for future drives. And can't agree more with the love lakes point! It did feel like half of Dubai wanted to feel some love yesterday! :D 

Looking forward to more!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@Chaitanya Dthanks for a lovely drive in the technical dunes! Alway love this area.

@KailasNice driving with you again and appreciate your involvement in the lead team.

@varunmehndirattaGreat seeing you after so long again that and that too in a leading team.  

The rest of the team was a nice chilled afternoon and a double tire challenge made it interesting and gave us an opportunity to chat and make some new friends.

That drive out of the lake was an experience and made me realise how much people DO NOT LIKE their houses in the winter months of UAE.

Ciao and till next time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use