•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqaa - Dubai - 5 Feb 2022

Islam Soliman

Dear @JeromeFJ @Amir Amiri @Humayun Ghias @Pacific @Looper @Matt.T @Sunil Mathew @Ranjan Das @Ashok chaturvedi

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the meeting point by 7:00am (or before) and be ready to move max by 7:15max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 4 (446,081)

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all oils, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/jtZXG4XXN56exRBU6

10- Convoy Order:

image.png.87585d2295d9e2320b1aced2a61090cc.png

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

ok...thats quite a differently ordered convoy, with all the patton tanks up front!! :-) not the usual carnity style, right ??

Yes, to ensure max protection to the SWB minnows in the middle :-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

What an amazing drive! Thank you @Islam Soliman

@JeromeFJand the rest of the convoy.

I liked the convoy order as it allowed me to be the second lead, this was only my second time doing that. 

Being at the back usually doesn't give you many chances to practice tugs, can you imagine I did a tug for the first time today eventhough this was my ninth intermediate drive. Therefore, I particularly enjoyed this drive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Thanks @Islam Soliman for the drive. It was a unique experiment to have big heavy vehicles in the front and puny ones towards the back. We were virtually gliding in the churned up sand in back, but a great experience nevertheless. Never ever did I was worried about pop out for so many times did I today. But it was a miracle that there were only two in the convoy. 

a big thanks to @Humayun Ghias, @Amir Amiri, @Pacific, @Matt.T, @Ranjan Das, @Ashok chaturvedi and finally the newly minted advisor @JeromeFJ for participating in an intense but fun drive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

@Islam Solimanwas great to drive with you again, and good to go on a IM Drive. The route was certainly a challenging one and full o . However good work from @JeromeFJ at sweep and @Humayun Ghias as 2nd lead plus a great remaining convoy there were fee problems and good teamwork to deal with the few we did have.

@Pacific @Looper @Amir Amiri@Ranjan Das @Ashok chaturvedi so altogether most enjoyable. See you all in the sand again soon cheers

Edited by Matt.T
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Islam Soliman for yet another challenging but enjoyable drive. It did demand all of ours attention, couple of pop outs, crests and stucks all managed superbly in quick time. Thanks @Humayun Ghias and @JeromeFJ for the support.

@Amir Amiri, @Pacific, @Looper, @Matt.Tand @Ashok chaturvedi - always a pleasure meeting and driving with you gentlemen. Thank you all for a wonderful Saturday morning. Until we meet again…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

13 minutes ago, Ranjan Das said:

Thank you @Islam Soliman for yet another challenging but enjoyable drive. It did demand all of ours attention, couple of pop outs, crests and stucks all managed superbly in quick time. Thanks @Humayun Ghias and @JeromeFJ for the support.

@Amir Amiri, @Pacific, @Looper, @Matt.Tand @Ashok chaturvedi - always a pleasure meeting and driving with you gentlemen. Thank you all for a wonderful Saturday morning. Until we meet again…

@Islam Soliman @JeromeFJ @Humayun Ghias @Amir Amiri @Looper @Matt.T @Ashok chaturvedi @Ranjan Das  what a convoy and what lead, through out adrenaline gushing experience. We did all what was planned. Following Yukon, patrol and Ram....I have to find untouched trails.....that keep me up and lead to amazing experience.  Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use