•  

Full Day Newbie Scenic Drive - Mahafiz To Mountains and Wadis - Sharjah - 12 Feb 2022

Frederic

Thanks @Frederic for the awesome drive, it was a very enjoyable drive, we have got a bit of everything as far as the UAE can offer. 

by the way is the fossil rock now closed to Off-roaders? If yes, same for hiking? I recall they closed it some time ago.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ahmed Wagdy said:

Thanks @Frederic for the awesome drive, it was a very enjoyable drive, we have got a bit of everything as far as the UAE can offer. 

by the way is the fossil rock now closed to Off-roaders? If yes, same for hiking? I recall they closed it some time ago.

Thanks @Ahmed Wagdy for joining us today. The pleasure was all mine. 

Yes that’s correct, Fossil Rock has always been labeled as a protected area but since a few months they have completely closed it off for vehicles. Around that same time they found some archeological artefacts so they want to preserve the whole area (rightfully so). I do think for hiking it might be open but I’m not sure. Have a look at this pinpoint: 

Maliha Trekking
https://goo.gl/maps/7zLZjf5snP8q36gw9

according to recent reviews it seems hikers still go there. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic@Danish Mohammadthanks a lot for the great day, it was really fun 😀

Enjoyed to push the Pajero 3.5 to get up to that big dune and to see the effect to lower the tyre pressure to 11-12 psi! 

Ps: if someone has a video of the dune climb, I would be super happy to get it 😁

Edited by Bruno Finel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dear Frederic and Daneesh,

Wonderful drive and time. AlFaya dune was awesome , especially since we were able to climb straight up. 

Crossing from Mahafiz to Maleiha was first 'crossing' for me. 

Thank you for the chats ans sharing of information and knowledge.

Lastly thank you all the convoy members for being so good and patient with each other and maintaining the COVID protocol. 

20220212_070753.jpg

20220212_140321.jpg

20220212_095736.jpg

Edited by Harshal
Spell mistake in Fred's name
  • Well Done (+2) 1

11 hours ago, Vasja Zupan said:

Hi @Frederic, I've seen a cool photo of a good looking white Prado on Instagram 😎. Can you share original here? Thanks.

Hi @Vasja Zupan these photos are coming directly out of the drive gallery. Have a look at below link:

https://carnity.com/gallery

Once you find your photo, there is an download option.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use