•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 13 Feb - 2022

M.Seidam

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above

When:  13 Feb 2022, Sunday 

Meeting time: 07:00  (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/vxyAajZzqgyjSvdJ9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Intermediate and above drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday 09:00
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please add your self on the wait list option.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar: 

Sorry for dropping out Doc @M.Seidam! Got pulled into a dinner on Saturday night which will run very late and I don’t want to risk it by not making it. But I have to do the loop with you - at this level - soon! 

• Like (+1) 2

Enjoy the party @munkybizness dear , and for the loop sure we will have a blast together👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Friends 

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Charbel @Anoop Nair @Gok Krish @Amir Amiri and @Ranjan Das 

Good day and hope every one is ready for a blast loop tomorrow, speed is one of them but not all , control over tight manoeuvres with adaquate speed is the hallmark. Always in safe manner . Focus and attention is of paramount crucial while crossing and my knowing to all of you I am pretty sure your adrenaline is going to be steady 😅 through out .please always remember  DO NOT  FIGHT GRAVITY rule and let the momentum to take you to the next dune fast , not faster , and smooth 🙏

this is the meeting point and I added it to the drive topic as well . 

https://goo.gl/maps/vxyAajZzqgyjSvdJ9

please find the convoy numbering as below 

image.jpeg.0cb960325e60f455ec413307e3805c7f.jpeg

see you all tomorrow sharp by 0700 or bit earlier the better 

cheers 🙏👍

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Drive report

Dear Friends 

I was so pleased to meet you all to day and in fact ahead of time truly appreciate it. Explaining our planned route and it’s variable difficulty at times put every one at ease to be prepared for what was coming ahead. Don’t fight gravity rule and clear communication was reminded during the briefing even to myself. 

I believe that the area of Lisaili and it’s outskirts from Murqab is an ideal ground even for an intermediate level with gradual increase in difficulty and maneuvering skills at any given terrain type ( technical , medium to tall long range dunes to bowling of different depth and height with soft to super soft sand at times , nice short to medium slip faces to attack which entails precision and control .. etc )

image.jpeg.8733d777647e507ed01b1f54f5a15ab9.jpeg

the first ( green ) 6 to 7 km was not an easy track any more as the sand covered more than 50% of it leaving unexpected bumps and humps which can’t be underestimated . Before Getting to the yellow ( first arrow ) we had to pass the technical strip and here we got our first stuck with one wheel in the air thanks to @Anoop Nair for waking us up by doing our morning stretching  exercise 😅 with proper shovelling.  we continued chasing the yellow arrow. Climbing and  Side sloping and criss crossing the tall dunes  till we got to my own side way crest and @Charbel beautiful tripod crest which was both cleared also with the shovel and there was no need for the rope. Now the terrain becomes slightly tighter and more technical across Baja track to the other side facing middle earth and the Chimney 🤣 . Here I thought the great team deserves his coffee break and it was 

image.jpeg.576a0727e04e90d65670f43693457d7c.jpeg

reaching the sabkha and chasing one another craving for dunes 😄 and there we took multiple loops over the tall dunes of Murqab before we continue with the last yellow arrow against slip faces and zigzagging at times till we reached the red arrow , which was the bowling blast medium to sometimes steep descent where in a moment of hesitation I found my self like that 👇 😅

image.jpeg.4891af62616dbeff86f3ec03b0833695.jpegimage.jpeg.7854115cb4153a6c51f110f22b8bc5d1.jpeg 

the shovel remained the king today and here we go thank you @Zixuan Huang - Charlie for the clip 😉

From clearing this one till exit took us about 15 min for the exit leaving my “royal crest “ 🤣 the last session of today’s physical exercise. 

Home taking learning from today

when we get into a stuck situation always start from the first step and not the last , the rope will always be there but shouldn’t be the ultimate tool to rely on . 

where to dig and where not ( or must not ) to dig in a particular kind of Stuck . 

fighting gravity can lead to unhappy outcome especially at “ high speed “ levels like IM drive 

Safety is all what we seek and keep always at all times in our weekly “risky” hobby. 

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie you did amazing thank you for being the second lead today . Clear communication and reroute when needed even sometimes before I give you the hints 

@Charbel  we have all the time to enjoy and today we did together and no barbecue was missed 😉, you drove good today . 

@Anoop Nair driving with stick can be tricky sometimes at critical self recovery . Today you did it to perfection and you saved your clutch 👍 amazing drive buddy

@Gok Krish second week in a row what a pleasure , you drove like a pro my friend 

@Amir Amiri meeting you for the first time great pleasure. I don’t recall any issue . You managed your mighty RAM like a pro even in the tightest spot , hat 🎩 off bro.

@Ranjan Das amazing sweep thanks for watching our back . 👍

till we meet in another Epic Loop take care and drive safe 

cheers 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you Dr. @M.Seidam for the lovely drive. Well paced through challenging terrain at times and master class on recovery even though it was only on three occasions that we had to pull out our shovels, was great learning from you.

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Charbel, @Anoop Nair, @Gok Krish and @Amir Amiri, thank you for the company. It was nice meeting and driving with you gentlemen. 

until the next drive; wish you Al a great week ahead

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @M.Seidam for the drive today. the second part was epic, routing back to E66 side on the slip face with faster pace, I then realized how soft the sand can be and how much more careful I should be.

To be honest, every time I see @M.Seidam in the convoy whether leading or supporting, I always look forward to @M.Seidam's recovery master class, extremely informative and very well explained.

Thanks everybody for such a short and sweet convey , see you next time, or Liwa next weekend😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use