•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Faqa - Dubai - 13 Feb 2022

Mehmet Volga

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie and Above 

When: 13 February 2022 Sunday

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/4bnDJ7vpVXEW3Nen8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11.00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP THE BELOW IN THE EVENTS  CALENDAR

@Tom B @Salim Akhtar @Andrew McCarthy @Michel Van Woudenberg @Nikola Bozovic @ASAD. @Max Beloenko @Adam James @Manoj Soman @Pieter Potgieter @Kailas

Hey off roaders!

Here is the convoy order;

convoy.JPG.35e0953372c5d943e909a8e262e5ee08.JPG

We will be using channel #4 on the readio

See you all tomorrow morning

• Like (+1) 2

@Mehmet Volga thanks for a fun filled drive this morning. It was challenging in areas, with a far amount of digging along the way!

@Kailas you had to work hard today! You provided incredible support to the convoy. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to tug two "stucks" out and to christen my new snatch rope!

I've posted some pics in the gallery. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

9 hours ago, Manoj Soman said:

@Mehmet Volga Extremely sorry that today i couldn't make it, was down with an unexpected fever and didn't had the energy to notify you in the morning.sorry again. 

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

Great drive yet again @Mehmet Volga. Thanks to @Kailas also for keep helping out with all stucks and refusals including myself. @Tom B you were brilliant again as the sweep, thanks to you and @Salim Akhtar for shoveling me out in the end. Hope to see you all again soon.  

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Another great end-of-weekend with very sound off-roaders! We started at Al Faqa's long dunes, moved towards little Sweihan and finished at our meeting point again by making a wide loop. Side sloping, crisscrossing, ridge-riding... refusals, stucks, pop outs... shovels, tugs and excellent teamwork... we tasted a little bit of everything today. Luckily the sun was hiding so we shoveled under the morning winds breezing cool. The pop-out was a bit tricky so we had some overtime in the end. But anyway, every single issue was sorted out quickly with a great teamwork of the convoy members.

Marshal @Kailas didn't leave me without support today and he saved our day indeed. Thank you buddy! It was very nice driving with you again after almost a year!

@Michel Van Woudenberg & @Tom B flawless support as always! Second time I had you both on these spots and excellent result again. Very smooth, super gently and perfectly balanced tug outs - well done @Tom B.

Fresh fewbies @Max Beloenko and @Pieter Potgieter were amazing at start of their new Fwb adventures. Good jumping guys, keep it up and enjoy! 👍

Tough response to the challenging dunes by @Nikola Bozovic @Adam James @ASAD. @Salim Akhtar. Cheers friends! 

@Adam James ; pity that we couldn't see your Defender 97 but you made good AT shows with your FJ. Don't forget updating car info on your profile as the leaders also consider cars while planning the convoy orders.

@Salim Akhtar from AD team! It was good to see you on a Dubai drive. Come again and drive like today friend. Well done! Say my hi to all friends in AD 🙌

See you all on the next!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use