•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 12 Feb 2022

Gaurav

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When: 12 Feb 2022, Saturday.

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/NjBkdRiyDXGMhMHR9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday, 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks @Gaurav for adding me to drive, been long have been to Tawi Nazwa... Hv my tools (and diapers 🙂) packed.. looking forward for the action through the lovely and deceptive star dunes of area. See you all on sand 👍

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Quresh Pajero said:

@Gaurav  hi, just wanted to check if we will enter and exit the sands from the same point?

Nope, we are entering from Tawi and exit from Bidayer (20-30 kms away).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Please find the convoy numbering below.

We will use Channel 2

@Enrico Biscaro @Quresh Pajero @Shahid Mehmood @Jose Thomas @Jona @varunmehndiratta @Karthik Raptor @KKIRAN @Simon Dawood @Rob S

1. Gaurav                  Silver Pajero
  2. Simon Dawood      Pajero LWB3.8 Grey
  3. Quresh Pajero       Pajero LWB White
  4. Shahid Mehmood  Prado
  5. Jose Thomas          Xtrerra Grey
  6. Jona                       FJC White
  7. Varun Mehndiratta Wrangler 4DR Gray
  8. Tareq                       2012 prado
  9. Karthik Raptor        Raptor Black
  10. Kkiran                     Patrol Y62
  11. Rob S                      Prado White
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Tareq Al Turq said:

Hello @Gaurav i think you missed my name by mistake in tomorrow convoy!! But i am coming anyway 😊

I'm sorry Tareq, you have been added back to the drive now.

@Morshediyou have been added too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Fantastic morning in the desert as always! It was a pleasure and privilege to be the last car on the convoy. Many beautiful sights of the convoy snaking through the dunes and little churn created ensured it was not too difficult for us the back. Thanks to @Gaurav and @varunmehndiratta for leading and supporting everyone! Some photos in the gallery for you all. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Wow what a lovely Saturday morning drive. 

2 pop-outs, 4-5 tugs, multiple refusals,  some very good self recoveries and traversing through a beautiful terrain we reached the finish line with smiles on our face and feeling of an awesome fun learning experience. Simply a perfect FB drive that challanged us all and in the process made us all a better offroaders.

Chasing the sun we drove around 31Km,  smoothly climbing up the Pink rock and finding our way through nice churned up sand at an average moving speed of 13.5Km/hr (felt faster than stats show, perhaps that's just the terrain)

Thanks @Gaurav for the experience. 

@Simon Dawood other than that last min pop out was a perfect SL drive for you. You aligned to Gaurav instructions well and sailed through the terrain.

@Quresh Pajero a pop out early in the drive add ups a little bit more to the challange and it was a good day at work for you, i am sure you will relish the experience, as you sail through in your future drives 🙂 You have a good control on vehicle, just a bit gas shy.. ..i could almost predict your stucks/refusals moments  before they happened (guess found something similar to what i went through) .. Pajero has lot more to offer, it just needs to be explored. 👍👍

@Shahid Mehmood an awesome drive for you today. Having driven with you a week back, i just felt like it was some different driver behind the wheels ...it's really beautiful how our experiences through every drive adds to confidence and control. Very well done. 

@Jose Thomas nicely done .just a little bit more push, a bit more gas and most importantly .. when in doubt just steer down.

@Jona was lovely seeing your FJ sail through the terrain.. it was an impeccable day at work for you - no extra churn of sand, no extra rpms..was just perfect. Looking forward to drive with you soon. 

@Tareq Al Turq with an expert co-pilot no terrain can challenge your Prado (of course I am not even going to think about the challenges you faced 😂😂)

@Karthik Raptor the vroom vroom of Gaurav while your climb up the Pink rock said it all... Nice work. 

@KKIRAN another beautiful day on sand for you. Nicely done 

@Rob S as always was nice catching up with you . thanks for keeping all safe and togather. 👍

Thanks all for the lovely drive, your company made the pleasant morning even better. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use