•  

Liwa Crossing - Abu Dhabi - 19-20 Feb 2022

Gaurav

Liwa Crossing  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which level drive you prefer?

• Fewbie (Prerequisite - Minimum 5 Fewbie Drives)
    • Fewbie Plus
    • Intermediate

19 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Get your house permission signed, stamped and locked.

What is this house permission? You guy means tell wife? Or...

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Enrico Biscaro said:

What is this house permission? You guy means tell wife? Or...

Ministry of Interior - Wife, Parents, Kids, Pets, anyone who can live without you for two days.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Ministry of Interior - Wife, Parents, Kids, Pets, anyone who can live without you for two days.

"Can" is the key word ....fact is they can and i guess to an extant want too ...just can't see us happy.   😂😂

• Haha (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

"Can" is the key word ....fact is they can and i guess to an extant want too ...just can't see us happy.   😂😂

Well, only if you agree to spend 2 days in the MALL once you are back. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I went there three weeks ago and made 180 Ks around over two days.  The first day barely managed to pull 100.

100 Kms / day is feasible.  200 in a day is very unlikely, especially given the very soft nature of the sand there and the steeps climbs that will produce many refusals.  

Also is important to be clear about the potential damage to the bumpers.  Both approach and departure angles are important to avoid damaging your car.

Regarding the gas, I used a full tank + 45 lt in three rotopax jerry cans and finished with 1/4 tank.  I have a 2 doors JK lifted with big tires, which makes me burn gas like hell.  So, depending on your car and driving style it might be required the equivalent of another gas tank.

Liwa is an amazing experience, not only because of the extremely beautiful terrain, but especially because it will challenge you (nerves, resolution, skills, teamwork to rescue team members on difficult stuck situations), and also the cars itself.  I have gone twice and never get enough of it.  

If you love off-roading and have the skills and the right car, it is something you need to do.

Edited by Alexander Alcala
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I see indeed no problem, done 

• Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Rob S said:

I would love to join but my Al holsn has just gone grey because I am now due for a booster jab apparently! terrible timing! 

You can get the booster by walk-in without appointment

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use