•  

Liwa Crossing - Abu Dhabi - 19-20 Feb 2022

Gaurav

Liwa Crossing  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which level drive you prefer?

• Fewbie (Prerequisite - Minimum 5 Fewbie Drives)
    • Fewbie Plus
    • Intermediate

If you bring a passenger, a good idea would be to bring a good support team mate (not a tourist), since its very likely that you will need some muscle to dig and connect ropes or give directions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alexander Alcala said:

If you bring a passenger, a good idea would be to bring a good support team mate (not a tourist), since its very likely that you will need some muscle to dig and connect ropes or give directions.

In other words we need a slave

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Alexander Alcala said:

Not a slave. A good friend that wants to support you.

It is a joke!! Definitely a good friend my friend. I always call my passengers as slaves when I go offroading and i never ask them to shovel or dig.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Asif Hussain said:

It is a joke!! Definitely a good friend my friend. I always call my passengers as slaves when I go offroading and i never ask them to shovel or dig.

Well Asif Bhai my slave has been with me since I hit the dunes so I guess he will be my good support and most of my leads know him very well too 😎….. hope you join us too 😍

21 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Mandatory rules for Liwa Crossing (exceptional) drive.

Considering its seriousness to keep you and your vehicle safe, these strict rules will be applied to all participants.

• If you are newly promoted (1-2 drives), then select one level lower drive than your current off-road rank.
  • If you were away on a long break (more than 2 months), then select one level lower drive than your current off-road rank.
  • It is highly recommended to drive alone, as it's a very serious and demanding drive to stay focused at all times.
  • Maximum of one passenger allowed - No exceptions and trip lead will send you back.
    • Make sure that passenger has no fear of heights, motion sickness and have been to full-day off-road drives before.
    • As once we enter the desert, the only way out is from the other side, without any early exits for 100-150 kms.
  • Everything in your car should be strapped and secured - All vehicles will be checked by the trip lead.

Just wondering. Can you ratchet strap jerry cans to a stock fj roof rack or do you recommend the mount on the back for jerry cans,?

I have a 157 liter fuel tank but on a 4 hour drive a quarter is consumed so I have 15 hours worth of fuel. Was thinking about jerry cans option just in case 

Edited by imranaasghar81
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Just wondering. Can you ratchet strap jerry cans to a stock fj roof rack or do you recommend the mount on the back for jerry cans,?

You can secure it however you wish, its completely your choice whether to go for temporary or permanent route, but make sure its fully secured.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use