•  

Full Day Fewbie Desert Drive - Liwa Crossing - Abu Dhabi - 19 Feb 2022

Frederic

Most of time i drive hamem and solo sometime 

If there private i speak

I love liwa and crazy about it

[14/02/2022, 1:03:33 AM] Fai. Faisal White Prado: https://youtu.be/EMtv_e5ckwg

The Liwa rumble. Privileged are ones who ve heard it.

I love the sound

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Tareq Al Turq said:

There is some problem in the website. I registered and it show me that i am going and i was in the attendees list number 10. I checked again my name wasn't there. So I registered in the waiting list. And i am really interested to go liwa this next week 16448532278527747716548955106.jpg.c57ee0952c4fd1a4a4c3e6b56e93fb38.jpg

@Tareq Al Turq as mentioned in the requirements, you need to have completed 5 Fewbie drives in the last 3 months. As this is not the case for you, I have tagged your name and removed your from the list.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Yalla ! Much congrats to all who made it in ! To discuss further details more easily, I will be setting up a separate WhatsApp group and will add you all today. 

• Like (+1) 4

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.42a2e298260a5496f7cc2e5c3c23ada2.png

Dear Team,

@Ahmad Shaker @Salim Akhtar@Simon Dawood @Trekado @AlexM@Karthik Raptor@salah2u@KKIRAN@Senthil Kumar@Richard Franks@JeromeFJ

I hope you are all looking forward to this adventure as much as i do !

We will be using Carnity Channel 1: 446.006Mhz. Make sure your radio is fully charged.

A few IMPORTANT notes, communicated over Whatsapp already earlier this week:

1) Only one extra passenger will be allowed (no people in the back seats).

2) Make sure your AlHosn App shows green status and latest PCR is not older than 14 days if you have received the booster, and not older than 96hours if you have not yet received the booster.

3) Ensure your 4x4 has been recently serviced and all fluids are topped up. It's advisable to bring the car to your mechanic this week just to double check oil levels, battery condition, tyres, and coolant levels. All this can be verified in 1 hour max. and will give you more comfort. 

4) Make sure your spare tyre is in good condition. It should be the same size as your other tyres. Small variation of 2-3% in tyre diameter is however acceptable. Ensure you have the wrench that fits the wheel nuts.

5 ) Make sure your tank is full when you arrive at the meeting point and bring in total 100-120l for a V6, and 120-140l for a V8 in petrol. (total amount of tank + jerrycans). In my case i have a 80l tank and will bring 30l extra in Jerrycans. There is no gas station throughout our entire journey in the desert.

6) Keep your car light and only take the essentials. You will need all the power your engine can deliver.

7) Bring enough snacks and water (5-10l water). Some light lunch and dinner are preferred. 

8- Radio should be fully charged. If you have a spare one, plz bring it along.

9) Get enough rest. I will be camping / sleeping in my car nearby the meeting point the night prior. The ADNOC Khanoor station is only a small service station, but the ADNOC LIWA has a shop and toilets. (https://goo.gl/maps/5QJeUUsrVawRGU5PA)

10) Bring all your offroad tools as per your level.

11) Your car will contain a lot more equipment than usual. Please ensure everything is strapped and secured properly.

If you have extra space for a bag of firewood, kindly bring it along. It would be nice if we can warm us by the fire in the evening. 

Starting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/gzyx4wRN5HBA4fdp8
You can come early and camp at the same starting point if you like.

Last Fuel Station: https://goo.gl/maps/FSUzbzURjQRGvFVN9
ADNOC Khanoor (832)

Lunch Break: 1 Hour and several short breaks in between.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM, 20 Feb 2022, Sunday

For urgent updates, issues, or questions, kindly use the Whatsapp group as i won't be checking the Website anymore.

See you all tomorrow !!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Sharing this from @Srikumar:

Morning Everyone, with the change of weather there is a chance of early morning fog especially as you move more inland.

During those times, AD Police will reduce the speed limits on the road sometimes even to 80 km/h. If you don't adhere to the new speed limit your Liwa trip will just become a little more expensive. 

They send this message via the AD Police app or via a warning SMS on your mobile.

Drive safe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.42a2e298260a5496f7cc2e5c3c23ada2.png

Dear Team,

@Ahmad Shaker @Salim Akhtar@Simon Dawood @Trekado @AlexM@Karthik Raptor@salah2u@KKIRAN@Senthil Kumar@Richard Franks@JeromeFJ

I hope you are all looking forward to this adventure as much as i do !

We will be using Carnity Channel 1: 446.006Mhz. Make sure your radio is fully charged.

A few IMPORTANT notes, communicated over Whatsapp already earlier this week:

1) Only one extra passenger will be allowed (no people in the back seats).

2) Make sure your AlHosn App shows green status and latest PCR is not older than 14 days if you have received the booster, and not older than 96hours if you have not yet received the booster.

3) Ensure your 4x4 has been recently serviced and all fluids are topped up. It's advisable to bring the car to your mechanic this week just to double check oil levels, battery condition, tyres, and coolant levels. All this can be verified in 1 hour max. and will give you more comfort. 

4) Make sure your spare tyre is in good condition. It should be the same size as your other tyres. Small variation of 2-3% in tyre diameter is however acceptable. Ensure you have the wrench that fits the wheel nuts.

5 ) Make sure your tank is full when you arrive at the meeting point and bring in total 100-120l for a V6, and 120-140l for a V8 in petrol. (total amount of tank + jerrycans). In my case i have a 80l tank and will bring 30l extra in Jerrycans. There is no gas station throughout our entire journey in the desert.

6) Keep your car light and only take the essentials. You will need all the power your engine can deliver.

7) Bring enough snacks and water (5-10l water). Some light lunch and dinner are preferred. 

8- Radio should be fully charged. If you have a spare one, plz bring it along.

9) Get enough rest. I will be camping / sleeping in my car nearby the meeting point the night prior. The ADNOC Khanoor station is only a small service station, but the ADNOC LIWA has a shop and toilets. (https://goo.gl/maps/5QJeUUsrVawRGU5PA)

10) Bring all your offroad tools as per your level.

11) Your car will contain a lot more equipment than usual. Please ensure everything is strapped and secured properly.

If you have extra space for a bag of firewood, kindly bring it along. It would be nice if we can warm us by the fire in the evening. 

Starting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/gzyx4wRN5HBA4fdp8
You can come early and camp at the same starting point if you like.

Last Fuel Station: https://goo.gl/maps/FSUzbzURjQRGvFVN9
ADNOC Khanoor (832)

Lunch Break: 1 Hour and several short breaks in between.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM, 20 Feb 2022, Sunday

For urgent updates, issues, or questions, kindly use the Whatsapp group as i won't be checking the Website anymore.

See you all tomorrow !!

all the best for liwa conquerors. Have fun, be safe bring lots of memories specially photos and videos but dont leave anything behind, 👍    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Ahmad Shaker said:

Thanks, @JeromeFJ for sweeping the convoy, and for taking care of everybody. it was really great support from you. I could easily say you are one of the best supporters I've ever seen.

Well done @JeromeFJ

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

9 hours ago, Ahmad Shaker said:

An adventure To Remember
Thanks, everyone for being part of this incredible adventure. I was dreaming of visiting the empty quarter for 3 years. seeing the huge dunes for the first time, the way it looks, the formation, the color,  and for sure the unforgettable sound. it's truly an indescribable feeling.

Thanks, @Carnityteam for organizing this amazing trip.
Thanks, @Frederic for leading us, for your patience, for choosing the best route to drive, for taking us out of this area in time and safe.
Thanks, @JeromeFJ for sweeping the convoy, and for taking care of everybody. it was really great support from you. I could easily say you are one of the best supporters I've ever seen.
@Trekado Thank you my friend for encouraging me to make this adventure. 😍
@Salim Akhtar You managed your car very well man you should be proud of it 💪
@Simon Dawood Thanks for pulling me out, you know how to drive your pajero, i really loved it ❤️
@Richard Franks @Senthil Kumar @AlexM The Jeep-ers, you did a really good job guys 💪💪

@KKIRAN @salah2u The patrols, amazing driving capabilities guys. 👏👏
@Karthik Raptor i think this was the best place to unleash your beast 😅

Thank you everybody.
Look forward to see you again in sand.

Desert.jpg.572e8bc85ccf044cb80d0d955515685c.jpg

Thanks @Ahmad Shaker for this nice  summary of the drive.

You  are great and confident driver and It was nice to meet you man and looking forward to see you again in similar adventures 😃

Also to all the other convoy members. I really enjoyed driving with you guys 

Cheers 🍻 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use