•  

Full Day Intermediate Desert Drive - Liwa Crossing - Abu Dhabi - 19 Feb 2022

Srikumar

13 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@Srikumar what's your recommended checklist then? easy to say "keep light with bare essentials" but what does that mean to you, what do you have in mind?  each one of us can have a different interpretation, so remove the ambiguity and clarify.

Thanks!

This is what I would do as a personal choice :

1. As Sree, suggested I would remove the back seats to reduce the weight in the car

2. I will not carry much firewood for the overnight camping

3. Food would be kept to what is needed for you and your passenger (if coming along). I generally prefer ready to eat food or some rolls, etc for such a trip rather than a barbeque (but that again is my personal choice mainly because I am a vegetarian). I have seen in the past people bringing a lot of stuff like foldable tables, huge vessels to cook food, etc - these are things that I would definitely avoid. 

4. Check all the stuff in your boot and screen what is actually needed for this trip. Having said that I would not compromise on any kind of repair kit, recovery gear, extra fluids, etc. that would be needed in the case of an emergency.

5. Regarding Fuel, I would carry only what has been mentioned on the drive post. Also, to conserve fuel during the drive I would keep turning off my car when we are not moving. 

6. In my car, I tend to carry a lot of stuff like brackets for mounting LED bars, bump stops, engine oil filter, extra air compressors. These are things that I would be removing for the Liwa trip.

Like I mentioned in the beginning these are just my personal choices, but everyone needs to evaluate what is comfortable for them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Srikumar said:

This is what I would do as a personal choice :

1. As Sree, suggested I would remove the back seats to reduce the weight in the car

2. I will not carry much firewood for the overnight camping

3. Food would be kept to what is needed for you and your passenger (if coming along). I generally prefer ready to eat food or some rolls, etc for such a trip rather than a barbeque (but that again is my personal choice mainly because I am a vegetarian). I have seen in the past people bringing a lot of stuff like foldable tables, huge vessels to cook food, etc - these are things that I would definitely avoid. 

4. Check all the stuff in your boot and screen what is actually needed for this trip. Having said that I would not compromise on any kind of repair kit, recovery gear, extra fluids, etc. that would be needed in the case of an emergency.

5. Regarding Fuel, I would carry only what has been mentioned on the drive post. Also, to conserve fuel during the drive I would keep turning off my car when we are not moving. 

6. In my car, I tend to carry a lot of stuff like brackets for mounting LED bars, bump stops, engine oil filter, extra air compressors. These are things that I would be removing for the Liwa trip.

Like I mentioned in the beginning these are just my personal choices, but everyone needs to evaluate what is comfortable for them.

After reading your bare essentials I think I will wear my shorts 🩳 instead of jeans 👖 as that will reduce some grams off my 3.8 pajero 😎…..just kidding will take what is required by my car ….. thinking of the drive my tummy is rumbling 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi Guys.  I will travel out of Dubai this Sunday morning for work.  I am sorry but I have to with draw my name from the list.  I really wanted to cross join the group.  Have fun

@Mario Cornejo @Amir Amiri @Ranjan Das @Mus_hus78 @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Xavier Treasurer @varunmehndiratta

Thank you for signing up for what hopefully would be a wonderful journey. So what do we expect on this adventure :

For starters, expect to see some of the biggest sand dunes that one can witness in the UAE. Liwa is known for super soft sand even in winters. Driving at the right tyre pressure is going to be extremely critical for this drive, so please keep checking your tire pressure at every break that we do take.

Everyone at the IM level is expected to bring in their full set of recovery gears, There would be some dunes that would be difficult for me to come back so you would be required to recover the cars that is a position in front or behind of yourself. 

I have planned the route based on a track provided by the AD Tourism department. However since this is the IM convoy we will be going a bit off the exact course to witness some of the huge dunes and bowls that this area has to offer. Depending on the fluidity of the convoy, we would be mixing up the the amount of dunes and sabkha. Hopefully, if everything goes well we ought to have covered approx 70- 80% of the course on the first day with the remaining part for Sunday.

I would be assigning the convoy numbering on the day of the drive. See you guys in Liwa !!

7 hours ago, Alexander Alcala said:

Hi Guys.  I will travel out of Dubai this Sunday morning for work.  I am sorry but I have to with draw my name from the list.  I really wanted to cross join the group.  Have fun

Thanks for informing Alexander. Hope to meet you the next time. 

• Like (+1) 7

45 minutes ago, Amir Amiri said:

Hi   dear srikumar, please tell me do we need PCR test?

Yes your Al Hosn app will need to be in Green Status

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 minutes ago, Amir Amiri said:

Thank you fredrick, yes my al hosn app is green, I didn't give any test,

Screenshot_20220217-194721.jpg

Your maximum validity for PCR is only 14 days so I think you’ll need to get a test done 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

@Srikumar, I’m hoping for a repeat of our last drive together; you know, the one where you drove and never looked at your rearview mirror 😀 

Hahaha. That was one special drive. Fingers crossed for another one. It will be nice seeing you after a long time Ahab.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use