•  

Full Day Intermediate Desert Drive - Liwa Crossing - Abu Dhabi - 19 Feb 2022

Srikumar

Indeed my friend! I am ready for this drive. Since I couldn’t remove my back seats, I had the doctors remove one of my kidneys instead. I believe that procedure made me as light as possible to scale the Liwa dunes 🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

Morning Everyone, with the change of weather there is a chance of early morning fog especially as you move more inland.

During those times, AD Police will reduce the speed limits on the road sometimes even to 80 km/h. If you don't adhere to the new speed limit your Liwa trip will just become a little more expensive. 

They send this message via the AD Police app or via a warning SMS on your mobile.

Drive safe.

• Like (+1) 1

All the best for Liwa guys,,, Im jealous but i cant do anything about it... 😬 

Have fun, Be safe, bring lots of photos and videos but dont leave anything behind.  👍

• Like (+1) 5

@Mario Cornejo @Amir Amiri @Ranjan Das @Mus_hus78 @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Xavier Treasurer @varunmehndiratta @Ahab Shamaa

As mentioned in @Frederic's drive, this is the final Checklist before the Liwa Drive:

1) Only one extra passenger will be allowed (no people in the back seats).

2) Make sure your AlHosn App shows green status and latest PCR is not older than 14 days if you have received the booster, and not older than 96hours if you have not yet received the booster.

3) Ensure your 4x4 has been recently serviced and all fluids are topped up. 

4) Make sure your spare tyre is in good condition. It should be the same size as your other tyres. Small variation of 2-3% in tyre diameter is however acceptable. Ensure you have the wrench that fits the wheel nuts.

5 ) Make sure your tank is full when you arrive at the meeting point and bring in total 100-120l for a V6, and 120-140l for a V8 in petrol. (total amount of tank + jerrycans). In my case i have a 80l tank and will bring 30l extra in Jerrycans. There is no gas station throughout our entire journey in the desert.

6) Keep your car light and only take the essentials. You will need all the power your engine can deliver.

7) Bring enough snacks and water (5-10l water). Some light lunch and dinner are preferred. 

😎 Radio should be fully charged. If you have a spare one, plz bring it along.

9) Get enough rest. I will be camping / sleeping in my car nearby the meeting point the night prior. The ADNOC Khanoor station is only a small service station, but the ADNOC LIWA has a shop and toilets. (https://goo.gl/maps/5QJeUUsrVawRGU5PA)

10) Bring all your offroad recovery gears

11) Your car will contain a lot more equipment than usual. Please ensure everything is strapped and secured properly.

If you have extra space for a bag of firewood, kindly bring it along so that we can distribute the load across each car. It would be nice if we can warm us by the fire in the evening. 

Starting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/gzyx4wRN5HBA4fdp8
You can come early and camp at the same starting point if you like.

Last Fuel Station: https://goo.gl/maps/FSUzbzURjQRGvFVN9
ADNOC Khanoor (832)

Lunch Break: 1 Hour and several short breaks in between.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

Approximate finish time: 12:00 PM, 20 Feb 2022, Sunday

My mobile number incase of emergency is 0559567471. 

• Like (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

I am soo missing out on this epic drive! Have fun guys and be safe!

Dont worry, once we nail this crossing, we will be adding this to the annual pilgrimage calendar. 🤞

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you Sri @Srikumar for the experience - the build-up, the banter, the planning and eventually the drive were just amazing. Not to mention it certainly knocked-off another adventure from my bucket list.

@Xavier Treasurer, @Mario Cornejo, @varunmehndiratta, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe and @Ahab Shamaa was an absolute pleasure experiencing Liwa in your company; thank you for the teamwork and support.

@Carnity - a big shoutout to @Srikumar, @Gaurav, @Frederic and @Asif Hussain for conceptualizing, planning and perfect execution of this enterprise called THE Liwa Crossing - hats off guys, thanks.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use