•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 27 Feb 2022

Frederic

40 minutes ago, Damian Paliś said:

I have pajero 4x4. My dad will be drive and I will assist. I have some equipment.  I will bring all of that. See you at 7 am.

Hi @Damian Paliś that is fine, but if the plan is that you will be driving as well in the future, then you will need to make separate user ID. The reason is that your drive count and experience is being logged into our systems and we need to be sure this is always about the same driver.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Goodmorning @Amr Paple @Guddi @Murtaza Bhuria! Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As a small introduction, kindly inform us about the following:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Do you have any prior offroad experience ? if so please specify.

3) Is your 4x4 equipped with towpoints at the front and back ? This is mandatory to join our drives.

For your first drive, i would request if you can bring the following items:

* Pressure gauge

* Tyre deflator

* Air compressor so you can inflate your tyres after the drive (petrol station is nearby but has a defective compressor).

If you have more offroad equipment, you are welcome to bring it along. Do not hesitate to post your questions on this forum.

See you on coming Sunday !

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Frederic, thanks and excited to be part of this club ! Looking forward to first drive ! 

I will be driving Jeep Wrangler, 2021, I am an absolute newbie and no prior experience of off-roading ...and yes my car has front and rear tow points...

Also, will be getting Tyre Deflator/Pressure Gauge and Compressor :) Looking forward ! 

Thanks 
Guddi

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

18 hours ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Amr Paple i would highly advise against it. For your very first drive it is much better to come alone so you can focus on getting used to driving in the sand without any distractions.

Thanks @Frederic 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Frederic, 

Thank you and glad to be here, looking forward for the drive. 

1) It's a 2018 Ford F150 Lariat

2) I only had couple of drives, so not much of prior experience! 

3) Yes, I got the tow points

I have a pressure gauge, tyre deflator and an air compressor. Motivating my wife to join as well, See you on Sunday! 👍

Thanks, Anoop

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

7 hours ago, Frederic said:

Goodmorning @Amr Paple @Guddi @Murtaza Bhuria! Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

As a small introduction, kindly inform us about the following:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Do you have any prior offroad experience ? if so please specify.

3) Is your 4x4 equipped with towpoints at the front and back ? This is mandatory to join our drives.

For your first drive, i would request if you can bring the following items:

* Pressure gauge

* Tyre deflator

* Air compressor so you can inflate your tyres after the drive (petrol station is nearby but has a defective compressor).

If you have more offroad equipment, you are welcome to bring it along. Do not hesitate to post your questions on this forum.

See you on coming Sunday !

Hello. Thanks for the message.

Looking forward to the drive.

I will be driving a 5 door Pajero 3.6 Ltr. It has a front and rear hook for towing. 

I have driven before in fun drives only. I have the deflator and pressure guage, and will borrow the compressor from a friend who is also joining the drive. 

See you!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

CONVOY LIST FOR TOMORROW

image.png.c9a1c7f8f7f98de5dbf294402c823d70.png

@Ben Lee @Nadeem Ansari @Murtaza Bhuria@Damian Paliś@Faisal Patrol@Amr Paple@Guddi@Anoop Das

I am looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow !

Before joining us tomorrow, please have a look at our Absolute Newbie Briefing video, here below. It will give you a good introduction to what we do and to which points you will need to pay attention:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For radio communication we will be using walkie-talkies, on the frequency 446.006 Mhz.
In the event you have one already please bring it along. For the members that do not have a radio yet, we will provide you with one that you can use for this drive only.

Please be on time, and coming a bit earlier is even better so we can help you with tyre deflation.

My Mobile number for emergencies: 0 5 6 5 0 4 2 6 3 2

See you tomorrow at 7AM at the meeting point:

You can park next to the cycle track, but be careful not to block the track, and be careful when crossing it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use