Lens Lovers Club - Stargazing and Camping Night - Abu Dhabi - 4 Mar 2022

Frederic

45 minutes ago, Ahmad Shaker said:

are we gonna take a nap before we leave, or we will stay awake all the night? 😀

Up to you buddy ! 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

My friend is lending me a camera and tripod. Not sure which it is I'll find out on Thu . I'll also bring firewood I have loads of space.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Quresh Pajero said:

@Frederic The place looks very interesting. I am excited and look forward to it. Can I bring along some friends with me? Can they come to the meeting point with their 2WD?

Hi @Quresh Pajero sure no worries. I am not completely sure if 2WD is possible. This is a dirt track But there might be sand blown into it. Perhaps they can keep the car at the last roundabout and join you in the Pajero ?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Frederic said:

Hi @Quresh Pajero sure no worries. I am not completely sure if 2WD is possible. This is a dirt track But there might be sand blown into it. Perhaps they can keep the car at the last roundabout and join you in the Pajero ?

Yes, Frederic that is possible. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/1/2022 at 7:57 PM, Quresh Pajero said:

@Frederic The place looks very interesting. I am excited and look forward to it. Can I bring along some friends with me? Can they come to the meeting point with their 2WD?

I had been there few weeks back while exiting from desert drive. Dirt track is doable in 2WD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@Morshedi @Ahmad Shaker @Srikumar@Quresh Pajero @samamara@Trekado@imranaasghar81@Richard Franks@Ahmed Wagdy@Amr Paple

Thanks for joining guys and gals !

Some pointers:

Meetup Location:

https://goo.gl/maps/MZVv2zZP73hecPAP7

• As the borders are open again, there is no need for a PCR.
  • Please park your car next to the dirt track so it won't be blocked off for other people.
  • Bring some firewood and warm clothes, and your tent of course :) 
  • During times of fog, the speed limit in AD is automatically being reduced to 80km/h. If you install the Abu Dhabi Police App, you will get push notifications to warn you that the lower speed limit is active or not.

In case needed you can contact me on 0 5 6 5 0 4 2 6 3 2

See you tonight !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

This stretch along the milky way usually packed with campers and picnickers. 

We have been there many times and find it worthwhile for the shooting star spotting and amazing stars photos.

I would recommend to go deep in rather than near to the side of the dirt road. Beware of the police checking on the camp fire straight on to the desert sand. Recommend to bring a few portable fire pits to share among you, just in case the police come to inspect. By the way, 2WD is easily assessible upto the edge of the dirt road.

Shame I couldnt make it there. Have a good one!

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 12.16.16 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 12.17.42 PM.jpeg

Edited by Anthony Tan
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Anthony Tan said:

This stretch along the milky way usually packed with campers and picnickers. 

We have been there many times and find it worthwhile for the shooting star spotting and amazing stars photos.

I would recommend to go deep in rather than near to the side of the dirt road. Beware of the police checking on the camp fire straight on to the desert sand. Recommend to bring a few portable fire pits to share among you, just in case the police come to inspect. By the way, 2WD is easily assessible upto the edge of the dirt road.

Shame I couldnt make it there. Have a good one!

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 12.16.16 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 12.17.42 PM.jpeg

Thanks @Anthony Tan ! you are right, have a bonfire on the sand is not allowed in most places anymore, we will need to have a small firepit.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Morshedi @Ahmad Shaker @Srikumar@Quresh Pajero @samamara@Trekado@imranaasghar81@Richard Franks@Ahmed Wagdy@Amr Paple

Thanks for joining guys and gals !

Some pointers:

Meetup Location:

https://goo.gl/maps/MZVv2zZP73hecPAP7

• As the borders are open again, there is no need for a PCR.
  • Please park your car next to the dirt track so it won't be blocked off for other people.
  • Bring some firewood and warm clothes, and your tent of course :) 
  • During times of fog, the speed limit in AD is automatically being reduced to 80km/h. If you install the Abu Dhabi Police App, you will get push notifications to warn you that the lower speed limit is active or not.

In case needed you can contact me on 0 5 6 5 0 4 2 6 3 2

See you tonight !

Guys what time you thinking of arriving ?

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use