•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 6 Mar 2022

Mehmet Volga

On 2/28/2022 at 12:05 PM, Mehmet Volga said:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  6 Mar 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 07:0 (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/rRnmw7uTL4tGuafC7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Fewbie Plus and above drivers. RSVP will close on Saturday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar:

@Mehmet sorry I will have to pull out due work commitment, sorry for the short notice.

@Ahmad Shaker @Trekado @Naim Aoun @Danish Mohammad @Hasan Wahlan @JamesThorn @Michel Van Woudenberg @Ashok chaturvedi @Simon Dawood @Mohamad Anwer

Guys i am really sorry but my battery is över and i cannot start the engine. I called everyone but couldn't şort it out. I am trying to call you one bu one to inform

• Sad (0) 1

@Ahmad Shaker @Naim Aoun @Danish Mohammad @JamesThorn @Michel Van Woudenberg @Ashok chaturvedi  @Mohamad Anwer

Guys thank you very much for your understanding. I talked to everyone by phone and some was already there. I am deeply sorry for this happened. As we talked on the phone, we have to cancel the drive. I promise you bigger fun for the next time.

• Like (+1) 3

No worries, @Mehmet Volga, it happens 
we totally understand it's out of your control, and we really appreciate your early call. 
I hope you have overcome this problem. 🤲🤲

And I would appreciate it if @Carnity could find a solution other than canceling the drive in such situations since we can only book one drive per week and wait for it impatiently. 😔
I think postponing or delaying the drive would be better than canceling it.

This is just an opinion, and I know you guys know the best, of course, and I'm sure that you work hard to organize a safe drive according to the resources available and that you never hesitate to support.

Thank you for your patience for accepting my opinion 🥰

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

3 hours ago, Ahmad Shaker said:

No worries, @Mehmet Volga, it happens 
we totally understand it's out of your control, and we really appreciate your early call. 
I hope you have overcome this problem. 🤲🤲

And I would appreciate it if @Carnity could find a solution other than canceling the drive in such situations since we can only book one drive per week and wait for it impatiently. 😔
I think postponing or delaying the drive would be better than canceling it.

This is just an opinion, and I know you guys know the best, of course, and I'm sure that you work hard to organize a safe drive according to the resources available and that you never hesitate to support.

Thank you for your patience for accepting my opinion 🥰

@Ahmad Shaker your opinions are most appreciated. @Carnity always welcomes such comments from members to take into account and to do things better and more improved. So thank you very much for giving your opinions. This is something about being a club already. 

I agree with you that cancelling a drive is really annoying and it should be the last option after consuming all possible solutions. In such situations we already try to save our day first by trying to fix the problem, if not possible, second to assign another leader to take over the drive, if not even so then split the convoy and distribute the members to the other drives being held at the same rank and time slot. 

Accordingly today morning, i tried to fix the issue as it was ındeed an easy problem (battery) and i have another car to make a simple jump start. But troubles follow troubles, when i tried, i found my other car's bonnet arm broken so couldn't open and reach the poles. I even called the security to help me but no one was able to leave their spots. After around a 30 min trying between two broken cars, I consulted to @Carnity team to find an alternative way for the convoy; another leader to take over or putting you into other convoys but none was applicable as the problem happened just in the last minute same morning. Then i started calling you one by one to inform cancelling...

As you suggest, a delayed start would be an option and it was already in my mind if i could find a way to fix the issue. But the day is Sunday and even if i would have arranged someone, it may result around 3 hours delay including the time on the road. @Ashok chaturvedi and @Michel Van Woudenberg were already at the meeting point when i called them and all the others were their on way so that much delay wouldnt be feasible for the most. So in brief, unfortunately  cancelling was the only one option left in the end.

It may not a solution other than cancelling but i really liked your opinion about "postponing". The members of a cancelled drive may be secured with allocated slots for a "make up" drive organised for another day without competing to others for RSVP. It is a fair compensation so i will definitely discuss about it with the Carnity team. Thank you for lighting the bulps with your suggestion 😉

March is not going to be easy for me so most likely i wont't be able for a drive this month but my promise will remain valid on April and onwards. See you all there on the next... 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

14 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

It may not a solution other than cancelling but i really liked your opinion about "postponing". The members of a cancelled drive may be secured with allocated slots for a "make up" drive organised for another day without competing to others for RSVP. It is a fair compensation so i will definitely discuss about it with the Carnity team. Thank you for lighting the bulps with your suggestion 😉

March is not going to be easy for me so most likely i wont't be able for a drive this month but my promise will remain valid on April and onwards. See you all there on the next...

Thank you for your kind reply 
as i told i'm sure you guys always do the best for us 
and this exactly what I'm talking about if the canceling is the only choice so let's see what we can do after it

thank you again 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use