•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 6 Mar 2022

Gaurav

Thanks for the short drive today @Gaurav; as mentioned I had to exit early due to the side-wall crack and I was not willing to take risk with this crack.

The tyre has been swapped now and should be ok for next week.

The couple of refusals at the start reminded us that the sand is getting softer now and we will need to have more patience (and stamina) for future drives to help each other.

I have tried to help with my spoon to shovel; I believe that it is now time to get a bigger one asap.

Thank you all for making this drive and looking forward to our next adventure.

Until then, enjoy…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Gaurav for a lovely drive and as always i especially enjoyed the Signature Gaurav recovery masterclass over some really tough spots (incl your own in that pocket). Thanks all for making it a fun day in sand. 

My phone died during the course of drive (crazy One plus, phones last longer (much) than charging cable and in Dubai struggling to find the genuine replacements)  so m missing the precise data. However we did some nerve testing Kms on technical dunes and some adrenaline pumping Kms of long range dunes totaling to Fun Kms of drive over around 4hrs 🙂

@Imteeaz sorry you had to exit early due to the tire issue, however you made your mark as a Solid Sweep, demonstrating immense patience and calmness. Above all, your skill with a dessert spoon in desert is undoubtedly next to none 😂😂 thanks for your support dear. 

@Senthil Kumar thanks for nicely executing the SL and later the sweep role. You were awesome at both. 

@Beide Worku man, superb drive for a first FB. The way you made your F150 roar through the drive was awesome. Looking forward to see you soon. 

@Morshedi almost a perfect drive for you. Very well done. 

@luwaimn an awesome day at work for you today - full of learning and fun on sand. Stucks and refusals are part of every off-roader journey. Was good to see you move on feeling even more confident and with a smile after every stuck/refusal you had. Kudos to you for that. I wasn't exactly close to your vehicle so cannot be specific on what was going right or wrong, however a general tip that worked (and still does) for me - after every tough drive i usually go back a step back (to a NB drive or something) to try and work out the challenging spots/areas - just about exploring oneself and fixing the minor niggles on the way. Again this is my own personnel way of learning. Looking forward to see you soon. 

@hugo was fun seeing your red FJ cruise through the dunes. 

@Amr Aydin almost an impecable drive for you today. 

@ASAD. Was sorry to see you exit in between. Hope not a big issue and you manage to get it fixed for the next drive. 

Thanks again for the fun day out on sand and under the sun. Enjoy and hope to see you all soon again. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Gaurav &  @varunmehndirattafor the wonderful drive. sad i had to exit before the fun started but enjoyable nonetheless. Funny enough i took the dirt track all the way to last exit pump as my compressor also died on me, and the tyre pressure was just holding fine. Went straight to the tyre shop afterwards, they checked everywhere for the leak and no problem at all. 

Ive have 2 pop-outs earlier on the same exact wheel though those were different rims and now on the new rims, the same side had a leak. I'm starting to think its the way I drive thats causing this on the front right side all the time but cant exactly pin-point what exactly I am doing wrong, and after the first pop-out i have been cautious not to over steer or push too hard during slide sloping. @Gaurav any advice on what could be the reason? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Ohhh Damm i really regret to miss this drive. unfortunately for the sake of my family. nonetheless  Will see you guys at the sand coming days. 

Edited by Abdul Basit Khan
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use