•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Desert Highway 66 - Dubai - 6 Mar 2022

Ale Vallecchi

Dear @Yaseen87, @Anthony Cupit and @Tareq Al Turq, just to make sure that you are aware, you have been added automatically to this drive from the waiting list. Can you please re-confirm that you will be joining tomorrow morning? Thanks a lot.

8 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

@Deepak 11, @Murtaza Bhuria, @Mahmoud Taha, @Ahmad Mehwi, @YJS, @Yerem Davtyan, @Br. San, @Murad Hamed, @eldose baby, @Sree - Fortuner, @arjumand, @Yaseen87.

Get ready for a challenging drive, where concentration, decisiveness and patience will be required.

The terrain is a mix of red and yellow sand, with a mix of technical (tighter, closer, more irregularly shaped) dunes, and some long range dunes (more open between cordons, and taller), especially toward the end of the drive. Vegetation will be present throughout the drive, demanding a choice of track that minimizes its presence. While driving it will be important to always use the proper momentum (that is the moving force given by the product of the car's weight x its acceleration) to be able to keep the lines that we'll be taking around the dunes, or crossing the ridges. We will stop early in the drive for a more detailed technical briefing.

Our goal is to reach Faqa's northern boundary, driving through the desert parallel to E66, better known as the Dubai-Al Ain Road. We'll carve our own highway through the dunes!!

Please reach the meeting point, just opposite Murqaab's mosque, early enough so that we may start as close to 7AM as possible. Please line up on the shoulder on either sides of the road, and mind that locals' cars will be driving through.  As soon as you reach the meeting point you may start deflating, somewhere between 12 and 15, based on the weight of your car (may be a bit more inflated on heavier cars), and the type of tires you are mounting (a bit more inflated on tires with low walls).

We'll be communicating on Carnity Channel 1 (446.006). The convoy order will be given tomorrow morning by myself and @Niki

Looking forward to seeing you, I wish you a nice Saturday.

Noted and see you all tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

@Deepak 11, @Murtaza Bhuria, @Mahmoud Taha, @Ahmad Mehwi, @YJS, @Yerem Davtyan, @Br. San, @Murad Hamed, @eldose baby, @Sree - Fortuner, @arjumand, @Yaseen87.

Get ready for a challenging drive, where concentration, decisiveness and patience will be required.

The terrain is a mix of red and yellow sand, with a mix of technical (tighter, closer, more irregularly shaped) dunes, and some long range dunes (more open between cordons, and taller), especially toward the end of the drive. Vegetation will be present throughout the drive, demanding a choice of track that minimizes its presence. While driving it will be important to always use the proper momentum (that is the moving force given by the product of the car's weight x its acceleration) to be able to keep the lines that we'll be taking around the dunes, or crossing the ridges. We will stop early in the drive for a more detailed technical briefing.

Our goal is to reach Faqa's northern boundary, driving through the desert parallel to E66, better known as the Dubai-Al Ain Road. We'll carve our own highway through the dunes!!

Please reach the meeting point, just opposite Murqaab's mosque, early enough so that we may start as close to 7AM as possible. Please line up on the shoulder on either sides of the road, and mind that locals' cars will be driving through.  As soon as you reach the meeting point you may start deflating, somewhere between 12 and 15, based on the weight of your car (may be a bit more inflated on heavier cars), and the type of tires you are mounting (a bit more inflated on tires with low walls).

We'll be communicating on Carnity Channel 1 (446.006). The convoy order will be given tomorrow morning by myself and @Niki

Looking forward to seeing you, I wish you a nice Saturday.

@Ale Vallecchi @Niki

I removed myself by mistake from going list.

plz add me again.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Mahmoud Taha said:

@Ale Vallecchi @Niki

I removed myself by mistake from going list.

plz add me again.

@Mahmoud Taha you are in. Thanks

@Zulfikhar Naiyar you have been added to this drive from its waiting list. Kindly confirm your presence. Thanks

5 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Mahmoud Taha you are in. Thanks

@Zulfikhar Naiyar you have been added to this drive from its waiting list. Kindly confirm your presence. Thanks

Hi @Ale Vallecchi,

My apologies.. will not be able to make it tomorrow... just noticed the WL confirmation..

Will drop myself from the RSVP..

Wish everyone a great drive... and looking to join next week!

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zulfikhar Naiyar said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi,

My apologies.. will not be able to make it tomorrow... just noticed the WL confirmation..

Will drop myself from the RSVP..

Wish everyone a great drive... and looking to join next week!

Hi good morning Ale. Sorry,  I can't make it for the drive. Please excuse.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yerem Davtyan said:

This was an awesome and challenging drive, thank you @Ale Vallecchi and @Niki

See you the sand again soon! IMG-20220306-WA0002.jpg.c0cb94ff836c89c9864eb973e994d52f.jpg

It is best drive i had.

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi @Niki

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use