•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murqab - Dubai - 13 Mar- 2022

M.Seidam

8 minutes ago, Abdul Basit Khan said:

Dear Marshal @Ale Vallecchi

it was an honor to drive under your supervision. you guided us very well initially and in between when need it. we got some stuck and refusals which is the part of Desert Drives. but most important thing is I learn a lot today specially on approaching the ridge and decent (right and left). today was my very first outing in Fewbie Levels. 

and i’m keen to learn more. thank you once again. 

110EB9A5-F6BA-44C7-A4AE-8D3EB04166F9.jpeg

75975748-522D-42D3-B4C2-529CF291D4EF.png

7D88F7CA-F89F-4AFA-811E-CBE9C7F10A64.jpeg

E9424727-82A7-4384-9F65-A3D2657EF2AB.jpeg

@Sree - Fortuner

Plz share with your pictures and Videos +971547006694

• Like (+1) 3

Trip report ( convoy I )

Today , literally , it was a challenge drive at this level and I can promise it was never my plan. However when Mother Nature sometimes has its surprises that someone can just flow with it and never against it . It turned out every one was up to the challenge in team spirit work and patience , focus and learning opportunity for every one .

It was lovely to meet new faces today in the morning well prepared and ready for the quest . Borrowing the toy G wagon from my little copilot 😅 doing little demo to clarify things especially for the fresh Fewbies stressing on clear communication and driving style safety points the strongest not to fight gravity golden rule . Not far from our standing line was @Ale Vallecchi and his convoy II ready to move as well and after few words with our Marshal thanking him once more for leading convoy II every convoy took its own route and direction. 

starting slowly aiming toward the long range north to Baja track having some fun looping around and around . It was a pleasant surprise to see @Frederic and his family camp site waving for us . We greeted them warmly and we continued our loop crossing the sabkha connecting Baja track . From the middle or further my plan was to detour left facing the chimney and we crossed that Nicely and after our first “official break “ the long route what I planned seems has changed its face leaving us no choice than to cross from slip side of the dunes🤭
image.jpeg.1199a6f96d10a71485401013c826dc54.jpeg

this segment in the green mark I had no choice than to accept it and navigate around it , as back tracking I judged would be more difficult for the whole convoy as one unit ,or when ever was possible we crossed straight up/ down with very seldom criss cross and for one it went ok but not for the second as the sand was super soft . Along that segment came a cocktail of crests, refusals , stucks even a pop out . I was not spared my self from that 😅

eventually we reached the flat land face to face with chimney tower 😂 after which we took a breath taking break and we run along the track straight  till we reached solar park beautiful tower we’re had our exit . It was 12:30 already afternoon 

I have to say we have made it safely all of us . It was demanding and entailing definitely skills higher than Fewbie level were I was trying my best to adhere to that for everyone sake of safety . 

@Morshedi outstanding second lead , I remember when you did your first Fewbie huge difference and big progress . Well done . I hope your copilot enjoyed it . 

@Mahmoud Taha it’s your first Fb drive and our first time we meet too . pleasure . Considering the difficulty of the terrain you have managed your Xterra very well despite some crest and refusal and after todays drive I don’t think you will have any problem with any technical you might be in . Well done 👍 

@Patrick van der Loo excellent driving you managed your prado very nicely . Well done . Pleasure meeting for first time too

@Tareq Al Turq very well done in communication and adhering to the instructions which made it smooth recovery for you . All and all beautiful drive and honored to meet you 🙏

@ASAD. and @Harshal  nice meeting both of you . Controlled driving your prado and managing a beast like Tundra respectively was a treat to see and learn. Also you have done the tug recovery under my direct supervision was outstanding . Well done 

@KKIRAN other than the pop-out I don’t believe you had much of an issue . Driving y62 in such terrain says it all. Well done bro 👍

@Danish Mohammad thank for your help and guidance in the center. Nice seeing you after a long time 🙏

@Michel Van Woudenberg Our sweep and savior in the back flawless driving . Thanks for the gentlest tug I ever had 🙏as well as for the help in fixing the pop out . 

every one drove good in this highly technical area every one was eager to help and work in a team environment which made our day eventually lovely . Thank you all.

till we meet next time wish you pleasant week ahead 

Seidam 

stat of the trip 

image.jpeg.a17949f2f6fe2d68168973e56ac928c5.jpeg

image.jpeg.85256fe8530a42b00cc047231abadf25.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Thank you @M.Seidam for a morning full of learnings. Technical terrain and very loose in areas made for some interesting refusals and retries in certain areas. Super work also @Danish Mohammadand @Michel Van Woudenberg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@M.Seidam It was a great pleasure to meet you today. Today drive was really a new experience, lots of learning, technical driving, refusals,  pop out and every one in the convoy shows full of positive energy. Thank you so much to keep every one safe. And my pleasure to drive with you again.

Thanks for @Danish Mohammad and @Michel Van Woudenberg for their greak works and acheivments. 👌👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

thank you @M.Seidam for this drive, it was a hard technical area but you managed to get us all out safely, those kinds of drives will shape our skills to the next level, we all have learned a lot ✌️👍
thank you,  @Danish Mohammad and @Michel Van Woudenberg for your support 😊

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

22 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Trip report ( convoy I )

Today , literally , it was a challenge drive at this level and I can promise it was never my plan. However when Mother Nature sometimes has its surprises that someone can just flow with it and never against it . It turned out every one was up to the challenge in team spirit work and patience , focus and learning opportunity for every one .

It was lovely to meet new faces today in the morning well prepared and ready for the quest . Borrowing the toy G wagon from my little copilot 😅 doing little demo to clarify things especially for the fresh Fewbies stressing on clear communication and driving style safety points the strongest not to fight gravity golden rule . Not far from our standing line was @Ale Vallecchi and his convoy II ready to move as well and after few words with our Marshal thanking him once more for leading convoy II every convoy took its own route and direction. 

starting slowly aiming toward the long range north to Baja track having some fun looping around and around . It was a pleasant surprise to see @Frederic and his family camp site waving for us . We greeted them warmly and we continued our loop crossing the sabkha connecting Baja track . From the middle or further my plan was to detour left facing the chimney and we crossed that Nicely and after our first “official break “ the long route what I planned seems has changed its face leaving us no choice than to cross from slip side of the dunes🤭
image.jpeg.1199a6f96d10a71485401013c826dc54.jpeg

this segment in the green mark I had no choice than to accept it and navigate around it , as back tracking I judged would be more difficult for the whole convoy as one unit ,or when ever was possible we crossed straight up/ down with very seldom criss cross and for one it went ok but not for the second as the sand was super soft . Along that segment came a cocktail of crests, refusals , stucks even a pop out . I was not spared my self from that 😅

eventually we reached the flat land face to face with chimney tower 😂 after which we took a breath taking break and we run along the track straight  till we reached solar park beautiful tower we’re had our exit . It was 12:30 already afternoon 

I have to say we have made it safely all of us . It was demanding and entailing definitely skills higher than Fewbie level were I was trying my best to adhere to that for everyone sake of safety . 

@Morshedi outstanding second lead , I remember when you did your first Fewbie huge difference and big progress . Well done . I hope your copilot enjoyed it . 

@Mahmoud Taha it’s your first Fb drive and our first time we meet too . pleasure . Considering the difficulty of the terrain you have managed your Xterra very well despite some crest and refusal and after todays drive I don’t think you will have any problem with any technical you might be in . Well done 👍 

@Patrick van der Loo excellent driving you managed your prado very nicely . Well done . Pleasure meeting for first time too

@Tareq Al Turq very well done in communication and adhering to the instructions which made it smooth recovery for you . All and all beautiful drive and honored to meet you 🙏

@ASAD. and @Harshal  nice meeting both of you . Controlled driving your prado and managing a beast like Tundra respectively was a treat to see and learn. Also you have done the tug recovery under my direct supervision was outstanding . Well done 

@KKIRAN other than the pop-out I don’t believe you had much of an issue . Driving y62 in such terrain says it all. Well done bro 👍

@Danish Mohammad thank for your help and guidance in the center. Nice seeing you after a long time 🙏

@Michel Van Woudenberg Our sweep and savior in the back flawless driving . Thanks for the gentlest tug I ever had 🙏as well as for the help in fixing the pop out . 

every one drove good in this highly technical area every one was eager to help and work in a team environment which made our day eventually lovely . Thank you all.

till we meet next time wish you pleasant week ahead 

Seidam 

stat of the trip 

image.jpeg.a17949f2f6fe2d68168973e56ac928c5.jpeg

image.jpeg.85256fe8530a42b00cc047231abadf25.jpeg

@M.Seidam- what a drive it was! A steep learning curve. 

It was long - both tiring and fulfilling at the same time. We enjoyed every bit of it

My respect for the Carnity family went up a notch because the camaraderie. Everyone showed loads of patience and willingness to support --- all with good humor.

@Morshedi - You were left alone for quite some time when multiple cars were crested but did not lose patience while the convoy got back on track

@ASAD.- We were right behind you watching as you showed remarkable skill to pull yourself out of the situation where you were almost stuck.  We could see your left front wheel and right rear wheel spinning and at one point we thought of calling the marshal. But you did it on your own. Wow

@KKIRAN- Thanks for popping out :-) Gave us an opportunity to learn. @Michel Van Woudenberg- Planning skills while we were waiting for Hisham to help with pop out.

@Danish Mohammad - Always a pleasure to ride with you. 

Looking forward to the next ride

Edited by Harshal
spelling
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@M.Seidam  Thank you so much for your trust and giving me this opportunity to support and help convoy, really amazing trip repot posted by you ,love the way of your guidance and observation. As a part of fun with learning we had few refusals, stucks and pop-out but all was well taken care by our lead, everyone was enjoying in super soft sand with much technical dunes although we got late to exist as per define time BUT it was excellent decision by our marshal to get late rather than taking risk. Safety is our first priority and this is the best example that our leader showed us, Carnity is the best place where everyone is in safe hands.

Appreciate your support  @Morshedi and @Michel Van Woudenberg  Thank you. 

Thanks to @Mahmoud Taha @Patrick van der Loo @Tareq Al Turq @ASAD. @Harshal @KKIRAN for joining this drive and to make it successful.

Stay safe ... See you in next drive :)     

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Fewbie Desert Drive - Murqab: Convoy 2 Trip Report

"Move, but don't move the way fear makes you move" - Rumi

As the sun started to raise behind Murqaab's Mosque, our convoy, reduced to a small posse by a few overnight defections, agreed to proceed independently from Convoy1, which was being assembled just a few meters away. Our group was made up of very "green" Fewbies. Yet, they all set out with eagerness and determination, even though the path I had prepared for them was not an easy one: from Murqaab to Faqa along "Desert Highway 66", then across Northern Faqa (not the usual Faqa Plateau long range dunes), and on to Solar Park through the "Middle Heart". Indeed, they all rose to the challenge, and did move as a convoy, just like the Sufi poet Rumi recommends: without showing any kind of fear for the difficulties that the terrain reserved for them throughout the drive. 

The difficulties for a junior Fewbie convoy were threefold: 1) the technical nature of the terrain, for the better part of the first segment, and the first Faqa stretch; 2) a huge step of very soft sand resting on top of the ridges, on the hard-face side, generated by weeks of winds blowing in the opposite direction of the prevailing one, causing the crests to be very large, soft and slippery; 3) a greater than usual amount of vegetation throughout the drive, grown from the relatively recent rains, and making approaches and exits a bit bumpy.

Nonetheless, the whole convoy did great. They used patience in following my sinuous route in search of the best places to cross, took great care in listening to the instructions given, and displayed quick learning in taking the best lines while climbing the soft ridges and crossing over. A few refusals, a couple of stucks and tugs, and a pop out were the incidents that occurred during an overall safe and well executed drive. It covered a little over 81 Km, in 3:28 hours of driving (4:28 total), and 26 Km/h average moving speed (18 Km/h total).

@Antony Abraham, well done with your not easy Second Lead (just a suggestion to keep a little more distance in tighter closer areas). Very good and clean Sweep in difficult terrain by @Pieter Potgieter (I hope your kid had fun!). Very positive outing, with constant improvements by @Abdul Basit Khan (in your first Fewbie drive - just remember not to cross through ridges too much in a hurry), and @Sree - Fortuner(same advice as above).

Thanks to @M.Seidam for the opportunity to double the convoy and lead this fun drive.

Hope to see you all soon in the sand.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

2) a huge step of very soft sand resting on top of the ridges,

That what I exactly encountered too . Also noticed it today in Qudra in the morning drive . 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use