•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 12th Mar 2022

Tbone

Hello everyone 

First of all I thank you all for the patients and support during the drive. 
 Special thanks to @Tbone for the special care.

During the drive my car went to Limp mode. May be after 1 hour of drive, RPM not going above 2000, even though I hit the accelerator very hard. With the help of @Tboneand @Janarthan tried to reset my car by disconnect battery terminal but it didn’t work. We checked the air filter area and found the air filter inlet hose was loose. We fixed it but still the problem not solved. So I decided to exit the convoy. 

On the way to workshop I entered one gas station and thought to try the throttle learning process which I saw in carnity advice group before.

It worked in my car and everything become normal after doing the procedure. But still I want to know why my car went to limp mode, so continue my travel to workshop. 

My technician checked my car with Diagnostic tool but didn’t find any error or data mismatch. I explained him everything how limp mode happened and what we done to reset my car. According to him may be because of loose air filter inlet hose the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor reading gets wrong and the car went to limp mode. By refitting the Air filter hose and done the relearning of throttle body may be I was able to solve the problem. But still we don’t have a exact conclusion. Now everything is fine with the car and I done the relearning using Computer also. 

So as conclusion if the car went to limp mode with no warning lamp, check the parts related to air filter like air filter hose, MAF sensor, O2 Sensor etc… for any loose or dust entry. Refit / Clean it and remove the battery terminal and wait for 1 or 2 mins. If the error is a glitch in sensor  then it will be reset. If the problem not solved then do the relearning of throttle body ( For Nissan vehicles). I think limp mode can be overcome by these procedure. But if there is any warning lamp or still the problem exists it better to visit your technician and have a look🙂

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @Tbone for organizing great afternoon drive and to @Wrangeld for leading convoy no2!

convoy2 experienced a bit of everything! Some long range dunes, few small bowls, then into cross cross as the drive led into the soft technical sections. And some reduced visibility at times too due to wind blowing the sand around!

a few stucks and refusals gave perfect opportunity for the convoy to learn.

in no particular order . . . 

@Juzer Gandhi had stuck at angle while criss crossing. Here, the car wasn’t fully on the ridge as Richard explained before trying to turn down. A bit of digging and he was out but we all got the opportunity to learn here! 

@FARAZ MOHAMMED became stuck while side slopping. Here, a reminder that momentum is key and to not try to fight gravity. Great self recovery to rejoin the convoy though!

at one point in the soft sands we had 2 or 3 cars stuck but all resolved with digging (even in the heat). Great guidance on where to dig from @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil

@udit completed his first fewbie. From the back it’s always re-assuring to see drivers steering down when they begin to fishtail or loose momentum rather than trying to maintain the line of the driver in front against gravity. A few refusals as you continue to learn how to handle your car but Well done!

see you all in the sand again soon !

(pictures to follow in the gallery!)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 3/11/2022 at 6:53 PM, Tbone said:

RSVP is now closed.

I welcome @Suresh K, @Karthik Raptor, @Joseph Raju, @Udit S, @Pierre de Maigret, @Beide Worku, @Han, @Alexanderrr, @AlexM, @FARAZ MOHAMMED, @Salim Akhtar, @Dimitrios Kalogirou, @Farook Veettil, @Senthil Kumar, @Tareq Al Turq, @Osama M, @Juzer Gandhi, @ASAD., @KKIRAN and @Rob S to this drive. Thanks to @Wrangeld for his offer to lead a second convoy enabling everyone on the waitlist to get a drive. Also, thanks for @Janarthan for his support.

The two convoy's are listed below.

1215543519_Cpnvoy1.png.b9fd95a9c10cbdb6a73d74bf0a6e217e.png

Convoy-1 will use channel 6 (44623125)

841511025_Convoy2.png.06dbbe3c02e9b76c01937c3578aca5bc.png

Convoy-2 will use channel 1 (44600625)

See you all tomorrow.

Thanks @Tbone for the wonderful first Fewbie drive experience and as usual great support from@Janarthan...thank you all team members 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use