•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 13 Mar 2022

Srikumar

Thank you @Srikumar for the amazing Drive today. Sweihan is definitely a gem with great big dunes, this drive is one to remember.

Thank you @Looper for the great Support learned from your driving style as we went through all the big loops.

Thanks @Owais for keeping us updated and your clear communication as SW.

1 minute ago, Haitham Khattab said:

Thank you @Srikumar for the amazing Drive today. Sweihan is definitely a gem with great big dunes, this drive is one to remember.

Thank you @Looper for the great Support learned from your driving style as we went through all the big loops.

Thanks @Owais for keeping us updated and your clear communication as SW.

Correction: Thank you @Awais Zuberi for keeping us updated and clear communication as sw

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Gent,

Its been a pleasure drive this morning with @Srikumar for showing us a how to have fun in the hidden side of Sweiham. Glad to attend this drive with you! 

Thank you to @Zulfikar @Haitham Khattab @Looper(great car by the way! and you deserved an appreciation for winching the poor guy with his half cooked car off the deep end) @Awais Zuberi for the keeping us in tact.

I must say, this drive is no doubt enjoyable and clocking some good mileage!

Take care, am going for a snooze!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Great drive and support @Srikumar @Looper on some massive dunes today.

Also great job for the rest of the team on the pace and making it difficult for me to keep up at the back!

Here’s a pic from one of those gigantic dunes we conquered today 💪

9C24B316-EE59-4DEC-8EF1-E83CF5D26975.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Srikumar Sweihan ❤️! Lived upto expectations,those wide huge dunes, the sight of cars going up and down was absolute treat to eyes! What a fantastic morning! Totally worth ! Appreciate the way you lead the convoy! 

@Looper Was pleasure connecting and Great car and smooth recoveries😎! few captures, to be shared soon🤘🏽

And thanks @Awais Zuberi for keeping an eye on us, good to see you! 

@Amr AydinAm curious to see your gopro captures🤩😁, and good to see you again! 

See ya all guys again! Have a good  rest of the Weekend!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Srikumar for the advice and all the team to support me and it was especially good to have  @Looper on my back!

I was away from the dunes for a while so it was definetely a great experience. Amazing scenery a great mix of big dunes and some technical ones.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

22 hours ago, Awais Zuberi said:

Great drive and support @Srikumar @Looper on some massive dunes today.

Also great job for the rest of the team on the pace and making it difficult for me to keep up at the back!

Here’s a pic from one of those gigantic dunes we conquered today 💪

9C24B316-EE59-4DEC-8EF1-E83CF5D26975.jpeg

Actually @Awais ZuberiI think that is a picture of me NOT conquering a dune🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Trip Report

It was so satisfying to be back in Sweihan. The vastness of sand, the majestic dunes, zero cross tracks and just about 75 mins drive from Dubai makes Sweihan my favorite playground.

Towards the end of last year, this beautiful place was ravaged by bulldozers making it virtually impossible to drive anymore. But the desert is the prime example, that time is the biggest healer. The winds of change covered all the bruises and we were back to having fun just like old times. 

@Zulfikhar Naiyar was my second lead and did a very good job of following my tracks and rerouting when needed. Nicely done buddy.

@Anthony Tan you have certainly grown in lot of confidence from the last time I saw you in Tilal Sweihan. Overall well managed.

@Ivan Pironi your F150 must have felt at home in this terrain where you could rev it up as much as your heart desired. One piece of advise - there were places where you were keeping a bit too much gap from the car in front. We can learn a lot from seeing how the car in front is tackling the terrain and accordingly adjust ourselves on the fly, so try driving a bit more closer. But overall well done.

@Paolo Pellegrini seeing you after the AN which has been a while back. There were only a couple of places where you did struggle just a bit, but I think that had more to do with your tire pressure. As we get into the summers, the tyre pressures will keep increasing during the drive so we will have to keep a constant look out for it. Other than, you drove very well.

@Andrew McCarthy was flying with his Pajero and handled the entire route with aplomb.

Driving at the back end of the convoy is never easy with all the churned tracks, but it can add to the challenge, so my hat goes off to @Amr Aydin @Haitham Khattab @Deepak 11 for managing things so well.

@Awais Zuberi appreciate you handling the sweep position yesterday. Driving in sweep, can be difficult at times, especially if you have some heavy cars that have gone through but that's where your skills start improving a lot. Also, play a bit with the tyre pressures as you are driving on AT and you will find a whole new level.

Finally, a big thanks to @Looper for supporting this drive and helping out the entire convoy and also non Carnity members when in need. 

Till we meet next time again on the sand, see you and take care. 

Thanks @Srikumar that was a lovely drive. Many thanks to you, @Looperand @Awais Zuberi for the support. See you next time. Andrew

• Like (+1) 5

Thank you @Srikumar and @Looper for the fun and thrilling drive yesterday. It was really a mesmerizing sight driving and watching the entire convoy take up the massive dunes! Certainly my best drive so far! Completely enjoyed it. Will be back for more soon :) 

Shall upload a few clicks on the Gallery..

@Anthony Tan please do share if you've any videos captured yesterday :) 

• Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use