•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Swipe Right For Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 20 Mar 2022

Frederic

8 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Amr Aydin @Andrew McCarthy@Nikola Bozovic@Claudio C @Pascal@Yesu Yarlagadda@Mahmoud Taha@Salim Akhtar@Beide Worku@Daniel Rodas@Shaaz Sha 

You guys Rocked today ! What a wonderful morning with fantastic weather and dunes galore !

Fantastic teamwork from all of you to overcome our minor issues (pop out, tyre replacement, and fixing my punctured radiator hose). We all came out unscathed and will be back in Sweihan very soon ! 

Perfect second lead @Amr Aydin , Louuuud sweep @Daniel Rodas😅, and @Shaaz Sha always nearby to help out. 

See you guys soon in the sand again !

Thank you for the great lead as always and for the fun drive today @Frederic, Sweihan is mesmerizing. 

and thank you team for such a good convoy, specially @Daniel Rodas and @Shaaz Sha for the great support.

See you all soon, till our next drive together.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

52 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Amr Aydin @Andrew McCarthy@Nikola Bozovic@Claudio C @Pascal@Yesu Yarlagadda@Mahmoud Taha@Salim Akhtar@Beide Worku@Daniel Rodas@Shaaz Sha 

You guys Rocked today ! What a wonderful morning with fantastic weather and dunes galore !

Fantastic teamwork from all of you to overcome our minor issues (pop out, tyre replacement, and fixing my punctured radiator hose). We all came out unscathed and will be back in Sweihan very soon ! 

Perfect second lead @Amr Aydin , Louuuud sweep @Daniel Rodas😅, and @Shaaz Sha always nearby to help out. 

See you guys soon in the sand again !

Always a joy to drive with you @Frederic , thanks again for a wonderful morning drive. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Frederic for a wonderful drive today. My first drive with you after my absolute newbie and first time in this area.... it was a great. It was a pleasure meeting @Amr Aydin, @Andrew McCarthy, @Nikola Bozovic, @Claudio C, @Pascal, @Yesu Yarlagadda, @Mahmoud Taha, @Salim Akhtar, @Beide Worku, and @Daniel Rodas. Thanks to @Amr Aydin and @Daniel Rodas for the well executed 2nd lead and sweep. See you all soon .

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@FredericIt was amazing drive today, first due driving in Sweihan after so long and off course you, as driving with you is fun as always. 
Thanks to @Amr Aydin as 2nd lead, @Daniel Rodasas sweep and @Shaaz Shafor “flying sweep” 😊

Will see few of you in next drive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Salim Akhtar said:

@FredericIt was amazing drive today, first due driving in Sweihan after so long and off course you, as driving with you is fun as always. 
Thanks to @Amr Aydin as 2nd lead, @Daniel Rodasas sweep and @Shaaz Shafor “flying sweep” 😊

Will see few of you in next drive.

Thanks everybody.

See you enshallah in next drives.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

10 minutes ago, Yesu Yarlagadda said:

hey All.. it was a rough day for my vehicle yesterday.. thanks for all of your support.. truly appreciated.. 
Have a nice week ahead and hope to see you all again soon!!

Hi @Yesu Yarlagadda as much as the Patrol Y62 is a powerful beast, unfortunately it has a few things going against it:

- Bumpers front and back. The new front bumper is definitely a good improvement. I am not sure if you added a bashplate as well in front.
- OEM Large wheels with relatively low profile tyres. These are prone to having pop-outs as you faced yesterday. In quite a few occasions i have seen you counter-steering against the sand and using the massive power the car has. This is not a good thing and will lead to more pop-outs in the future or even roll-overs (you have a near miss on one of the big climbs we did). 

- Prone to fishtailing: The car is big and long, and once it starts fishtailing it needs immediate correction or things will go wrong. 

I would advise you to use the power wisely. I have seen lots of Y62 owners going through the same thing. Go with gravity and use it as your friend.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use