•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - GO TECH III - Dubai - 19 Mar 2022

Islam Soliman

This is the 3rd edition of GO TECH series for Newbie level

With the intention of satisfying those who enjoy technical tight nasty dunes, we will be testing not only our skills, control, recovery techniques, communication skills, but on top of all our patience and team work.

If you fancy fast paced (>10km/h), high climbs, non-stop driving, don't like shoveling and hardworking.. this drive is not for you

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  19 Mar 2022, Saturday

Meeting time: 6:30AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/UGVDtqo5Khmwf3PN8 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30AM (potential delayed exit) 

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 Newbie and above drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - GO TECH III - Dubai - 19 Mar 2022

Dear @Krishna R @Deepak 11 @Yerem Davtyan @Yaseen87 @Emanuel @Ashutosh Garg @Rayas Ali @Murtaza Bhuria @Alfred Alinazar @Paolo Morresi @FARAZ MOHAMMED @Mostafa Elbadawi

1st of all thanks for your interest in joining my GO TECH series in its 3rd edition; and 2nd thanks that you were not put off by my warning remarks in the drive post. I want to make sure when you join these drives you know what to expect as these drives are not for everyone! You still have another 2hrs to think it over (run for your life 😈).. just kidding..

My self and @Looper sincerely hope to drive with you all tomorrow and will count you in unless you have any change in plan. To be fair for the WL drivers, appreciate letting us know before 5:00pm tonight if you will not be joining so we can take the WL on as I will be closing the convoy order by 7:00pm.

@Paolo Pellegrini you are 1st on WL as you are the only one with no drives for this weekend so you I will try to get you in as I'd hate to leave you off the sand for the weekend

@Dr Tanveer Ahmed, stay tuned if someone dropped you will be on.

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the meeting point by 6:30am (or before) and be ready to move max by 6:45am max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006) 

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/UGVDtqo5Khmwf3PN8 (when you arrive please drive 50m into the pylon track to your left so you are not blocking the camels training tracks)

10. Convoy Order will be shared later tonight

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Dear @Krishna R @Deepak 11 @Yerem Davtyan @Yaseen87 @Emanuel @Ashutosh Garg @Rayas Ali @Murtaza Bhuria @Alfred Alinazar @Paolo Morresi @FARAZ MOHAMMED @Mostafa Elbadawi

1st of all thanks for your interest in joining my GO TECH series in its 3rd edition; and 2nd thanks that you were not put off by my warning remarks in the drive post. I want to make sure when you join these drives you know what to expect as these drives are not for everyone! You still have another 2hrs to think it over (run for your life 😈).. just kidding..

My self and @Looper sincerely hope to drive with you all tomorrow and will count you in unless you have any change in plan. To be fair for the WL drivers, appreciate letting us know before 5:00pm tonight if you will not be joining so we can take the WL on as I will be closing the convoy order by 7:00pm.

@Paolo Pellegrini you are 1st on WL as you are the only one with no drives for this weekend so you I will try to get you in as I'd hate to leave you off the sand for the weekend

@Dr Tanveer Ahmed, stay tuned if someone dropped you will be on.

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the meeting point by 6:30am (or before) and be ready to move max by 6:45am max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006) 

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/UGVDtqo5Khmwf3PN8 (when you arrive please drive 50m into the pylon track to your left so you are not blocking the camels training tracks)

10. Convoy Order will be shared later tonight

Thanks @Islam Soliman Looking forward to this one ! 

@Looper Would be great to see you too  ! 

• Like (+1) 1

Well @Islam Soliman As soon as I saw your drive, I clicked "Going"

Only after that, I saw the drive details and your warning :)  As much as i wanted a regular drive, I decided to go on this drive to hone my self recovery skills and also, I increased the clearance in my car so I think this drive will be good to test it. I just hope not to have a popout.

And @Looper Its good to know you got my back buddy :) 

Just a request @Islam Soliman If we all keep a good pace and finish on or before end time, It would be great to do a quick sidey before calling it a day :) 

Looking forward as always, just one more night to go!

See y'all in the sand soon

Edited by Krishna R
  • Like (+1) 3

@Islam Soliman I am so sorry for the last minute notice, but I won't be able to make it tomorrow, rapid change of plans. I hope there is still a chance to get folks from the WL if anyone is still waiting. Again apologise for the late notice.

I am sorry! I finished work really late today and just saw the message now! I will cancel my RSVP. Hopefully someone will be able to make it from the waitlist! Sincerest apologies again! I have already been accepted for the Sunday drive so I guess I have to cancel this one.

Edited by Dr Tanveer Ahmed

Important Information

Terms of use