•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - GO TECH III - Dubai - 19 Mar 2022

Islam Soliman

Thank you @Islam Soliman, @Looper and @Alfred Alinazar for another great drive. Drive description lived up to its reputation. I was able to use my shovel for the first time to help out a fellow driver. Good radio comms helped drivers next up with what to expect helped a lot in certain spots and made it safer knowing the other side was clear. Have a great week ahead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

What an amazing amazing drive @Islam Soliman

One of the most unique drives for me so far. A different kind of desert driving but very informative in terms of understanding what my car car could and couldn't do and also the varying slopes and the nature of sand. 

The whole convoy was very excited mainly because of the warnings by @Islam Soliman. Everyone was pumped up to tackle the "difficult" technical dunes.

It was a great experience to be second lead. The tracks were like railroad, something which I experienced for the first time. Usually I am at the end of the convoy driving on churned tracks. Initially, I was under a bit of pressure not to let the convoy down with my infamous stucks and losing track in my previous drives, but I believe I did a decent job. Thank you @Murtaza Bhuria for taking the hit for me :) 

This drive threw a lot of surprises. Tech dunes combined with a sudden cold climate. The sand was a bit hard during some parts and suddenly shifted to powder soft when we least expected it. This drive tested my concentration skills to the max. 

Had a few stucks and refusals here and there but those were expected due to Islam's initial warning. Amazing effort from the entire convoy.

@LooperIf only you charged 10 aed per tug, you'd be richer than all of us combined man :)  But jokes aside, you were the pillar of support on Saturday. It was fun watching your Jeep pull out behemoths like the Raptor, Yukon, Super safari and not to mention my infiniti. Multiple times. Treat your Jeep to a nice car wash and fluids man. He deserves it. 

@Alfred Alinazar Hey man. We couldn't get to know each other as we were at different ends of the convoy but you did a great job sweeping at the back. This was evident from the pace of the convoy.

The final 30 mins of the drive were pumping. The fast paced exit with the side sweeps gave the perfect ending to the GO TECH drive. Many of us got a bit excited when we couldn't find the exit and the drive was continuing :) 

Overall, we left home with satisfaction. I believe I can speak for the entire convoy on this. 

Until next week guys. Can't wait!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use