•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - BU Theeb Hidden Dunes Discovery - Abu Dhabi - 20 Mar 2022

Islam Soliman

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above

When:  20 Mar 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 06:30AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya Shahinat - 3 (764)
800 300
https://goo.gl/maps/uL8XJ8wgU6ZjnuaSA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - BU Theeb Hidden Dunes Discovery - Abu Dhabi - 20 Mar 2022

Dear @munkybizness @Davie Chase @Naveen Raj @MMansoor @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Xavier Treasurer @Humayun Ghias @Werno @Arda Yagcioglu

Pre-drive details below:

1- Few weeks back on a short convoy we came across this area towards the end of the drive and we all were impressed by the hidden set of large dunes and bowls that has almost no tire marks .. as we were running late we promised them a come back for a proper discovery which thanks to your help is becoming possible in few hours from now!

Bring your passion and the eagerness for discovery of that little kid in you and let’s go .. YALLA

2- Be at the meeting point by 6:30am (or before) and be ready to move max by 6:45max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 2 (446,031)

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point: ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya Shahinat - 3 (764)
800 300

10- Convoy Order: 

DC59EBC1-35CC-41BE-B4DA-461E75BE131D.jpeg.91e9bf53b9454550662bee52621df99e.jpeg

On 3/13/2022 at 7:31 PM, varunmehndiratta said:

Wow ...hv heard so much about this place ... 

come join the pack buddy

124EC9C1-20CB-4265-ADAB-E5B6C142708A.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Werno said:

@Islam Soliman Looks like you missed me in the convoy order? 
Thanks 

Apologize @Werno my bad.. corrected 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Islam Soliman thank you for another great drive. This time in Abu Dhabi which is quite different to the sands of Dubai. i will definitely remind the wife not to ask for any surprises next time we drive as i think we had a few today lol appreciate you giving me the chance to use the new jack lol  great support in the sweep position from @munkybizness always a pleasure driving with you. the rest of the team were just that a great team. you guys made a good drive great  @Naveen Raj @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Xavier Treasurer @Humayun Ghias @Werno @Arda Yagcioglu thank again. Great team work from @MMansoor and your V8 to pull the sick one out of the desert you played a stormer mate.

Put a couple of pics the wife took on the gallery will look through the go pro later to see if there are any worth sharing on there.

All in all a great way to finish off the week end. hope to see you all again next week :):)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 3/19/2022 at 6:26 PM, Islam Soliman said:

Dear @munkybizness @Davie Chase @Naveen Raj @MMansoor @Jorge Stepniak Felippe @Xavier Treasurer @Humayun Ghias @Werno @Arda Yagcioglu

Pre-drive details below:

1- Few weeks back on a short convoy we came across this area towards the end of the drive and we all were impressed by the hidden set of large dunes and bowls that has almost no tire marks .. as we were running late we promised them a come back for a proper discovery which thanks to your help is becoming possible in few hours from now!

Bring your passion and the eagerness for discovery of that little kid in you and let’s go .. YALLA

2- Be at the meeting point by 6:30am (or before) and be ready to move max by 6:45max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 2 (446,031)

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point: ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya Shahinat - 3 (764)
800 300

10- Convoy Order: 

DC59EBC1-35CC-41BE-B4DA-461E75BE131D.jpeg.91e9bf53b9454550662bee52621df99e.jpeg

come join the pack buddy

124EC9C1-20CB-4265-ADAB-E5B6C142708A.jpeg

Next time for sure...been long had a chance to drive with you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Kudos to@MMansoorto drag our wounded comrade out of the battlefield. Once we were back to our safe house(ad noc Station) I saw an opportunity to inflate using the house services. Soon I realized that it's easier to use one's own resources to inflate rather than depend on the ad noc services.

While I was almost done inflating, I saw @Islam Solimanwalking over and one of the first things he said to me was thank you for your patience. His comment caught me off guard a bit, as I always have been in awe of his patience and calm demeanour. In my haste, under my breath, I said; I'm only following your example. 

It's been an amazing drive today. It was truly an exploration! I got to see one of the most awkward angles to get recovered from and one of the most twisted pop outs as well! We also got to witness Davie's one of a kind jack in action while giving a cat (read jackal) a ceromonial burial. 

For me it was mostly a different group of amazing people on the drive today, apart from a few that I have had the pleasure to drive with before. @Wernothanks for your second lead and @munkybiznessfor the sweep. 

I look forward to driving with each one of you again! Cheers 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use