•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab Lisaili Triangle - Dubai - 19 Mar 2022

Wrangeld

Thank you @Wrangeldfor a smooth and good drive. Really enjoyed it and nice weather also.

Today we had a very good convoy and I think everyone enjoyed the drive. Thank you @Wrangeld  for the Shoveling tips and @eldose baby for the opportunity.👍

• Like (+1) 1

Hi all, 

Well, that was a blast. It's what I call a 'flow' drive - the objective is to keep the convoy moving as smoothly as possible while still presenting lots of challenges along the way. 

Once you all got into the swing, and understood the Fewbie pace we needed, we flew, literally from dune to dune without problems. The fact we got so far without any real problems was testament to the excellent driving skills, focus and consideration for each other.

I was very impressed by the way you all negotiated the challenges and the room you gave yourselves and others on the convoy. Most incredible, is that you all covered some of the technical patches that put fear into the minds of many drivers, so they end up faltering and getting stuck. Instead, you all stuck with it and (maybe because I did not make a big thing of it) made your way through with only a few refusals and one car that needed digging out. 

It was all great practice for @JeromeFJ who was an excellent CF for what ever problems needed sorting. 

Drivers/drives of note:

@Lawrence_Chehimi - new wheels, new experience, great job as we would expect.

@Gerrit Bus - love the gladiator and the fact you just don't let the fact it's as long as a bus phase you. 

@Gurcharan Mehta - my apologies for questioning if you'll follow the line. You were impeccable. 

@Tareq Al Turq - last in, first out! Glad you were helped by everyone to get you going quickly.

All the rest - all the best. 

See you sometime in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

@Wrangeld Richard & support team. Thanks for a very enjoyable drive at  a very enjoyable starting time. And thanks for the honorable mention of Bus driving the Bus 😄
For those interested, at the below link you will find some Gladiator POV footage of our drive. 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/koj82U5fzV5uHA5x7

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Many thanks @Wrangeldfor this fluid drive on Saturday morning. It was indeed an excellent practice in this challenging technical dunes environment. As you mentioned, all drivers did extremely well, following your lines without apprehension, definitely a key for a continuous pace !

Thank you @Gerrit Bus for the footage, I can see a grey FJ having fun :)  . Thanks @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil for joining us also. 

It was a pleasure to drive with all the team !

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi all, 

Well, that was a blast. It's what I call a 'flow' drive - the objective is to keep the convoy moving as smoothly as possible while still presenting lots of challenges along the way. 

Once you all got into the swing, and understood the Fewbie pace we needed, we flew, literally from dune to dune without problems. The fact we got so far without any real problems was testament to the excellent driving skills, focus and consideration for each other.

I was very impressed by the way you all negotiated the challenges and the room you gave yourselves and others on the convoy. Most incredible, is that you all covered some of the technical patches that put fear into the minds of many drivers, so they end up faltering and getting stuck. Instead, you all stuck with it and (maybe because I did not make a big thing of it) made your way through with only a few refusals and one car that needed digging out. 

It was all great practice for @JeromeFJ who was an excellent CF for what ever problems needed sorting. 

Drivers/drives of note:

@Lawrence_Chehimi - new wheels, new experience, great job as we would expect.

@Gerrit Bus - love the gladiator and the fact you just don't let the fact it's as long as a bus phase you. 

@Gurcharan Mehta - my apologies for questioning if you'll follow the line. You were impeccable. 

@Tareq Al Turq - last in, first out! Glad you were helped by everyone to get you going quickly.

All the rest - all the best. 

See you sometime in the sand. 

No need to apologize @Wrangeld. It was an absolute blast driving the technical dunes, we all had a lot of fun. And thanks for the later start time, really enjoyed sleeping that extra bit. 

Thanks you @Gerrit Bus for the video. Always fascinating to see the drive in a different POV.

Thanks to everyone else as well, it was a really fun drive. See yall again soon.

Edit: Thanks for the pictures @Joseph Raju, I really liked them.

Edited by Gurcharan Mehta
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use