•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Lisaili ( DCT loop ) - Dubai - 27 Mar - 2022

M.Seidam

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and above

When:  27 march 2022, Sunday 

Meeting time: 06:00  (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/EDDZAdq3wcjsmxiL7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Intermediate and above drivers. RSVP will close on Saturday 09:00
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please add your self on the wait list option.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on Below Calendar: 

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Lisaili ( DCT loop ) - Dubai - 27 Mar - 2022

Dear friends 

• Davie Chase
  • JamesThorn
  • Chris Wing
  • MMansoor
  • Charbel
  • Joe Biju Joseph
  • Anoop Nair
  • Daniel Yang
  • Arda Yagcioglu
  • Rajiv Sam

Good morning and welcome to this 4th special loop version , the DCT ( Desert Champion Trophy ) loop . Below is the link where details about the teams and the track of the winning team is depicted for more details about that event .

The aim of this drive is ain’t breaking the champion time record more than to relive the experience of driving in such highly demanding terrain with total of 11 cars including my self along all the expected and unexpected stops and how to deal with it as fast as possible in a team as we always do . After more than 4 months passed to that event the desert has changed lately due to the wind blow direction pattern reshaping the dunes, ridges and the consistency of the sand below our tires . Having that said and according to the given situation I might alter the rout accordingly. Consequently the pace will vary depends on the terrain , obstacles and the drivers response. . 

the most important thing is to keep the focus and concentration to the highest level and abide all the time to the rules of desert driving that we all know it . 

stay tuned for further updates yet to come approaching the day before the drive 

cheers 

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidam looking forward to the challenges and retracing the desert champions tracks. it was unfortunate that i was in the UK at the time of the Desert challenge and i missed it. so appreciate the chance to follow in the winning teams footsteps, will be very interesting for sure 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear friends 

@Davie Chase @James Thorn @Chris Wing @MMansoor @Charbel @Joe Biju Joseph @Anoop Nair @Daniel Yang @Arda Yagcioglu and @Rajiv Sam

Its less than 24 hours and cant wait to meet you all InshaAllah

Please note the following updates :

Meeting time:

06:00 

Please be on time as the DCT start point is further ,so we can start not later than 06:30 from it and if we finish early we can hang around in the mighty dunes of lisaili close to the DCT start point.

Meeting point 

https://goo.gl/maps/EDDZAdq3wcjsmxiL70

The entry to the meeting point is slightly earlier and not like where google takes you ( look below for clarification )

image.jpeg.224ddfe3d368d5118d5262d556ab7b00.jpeg

It might get foggy in the early morning especially in the area close to the meeting point, so drive carefully. according to the current forecast its expected to be ok just Caution .

Radio frequency 

Channel 3 ( 446056 )

Convoy order 

As Below 

image.jpeg.33676f1a5baf2aaaeaf6ef79c6dd2966.jpeg

for any emergency you can reach me on 0554045278 

See you all tomorrow inshallah 

• Like (+1) 4

18 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Dear friends 

@Davie Chase @James Thorn @Chris Wing @MMansoor @Charbel @Joe Biju Joseph @Anoop Nair @Daniel Yang @Arda Yagcioglu and @Rajiv Sam

Its less than 24 hours and cant wait to meet you all InshaAllah

Please note the following updates :

Meeting time:

06:00 

Please be on time as the DCT start point is further ,so we can start not later than 06:30 from it and if we finish early we can hang around in the mighty dunes of lisaili close to the DCT start point.

Meeting point 

https://goo.gl/maps/EDDZAdq3wcjsmxiL70

The entry to the meeting point is slightly earlier and not like where google takes you ( look below for clarification )

image.jpeg.224ddfe3d368d5118d5262d556ab7b00.jpeg

It might get foggy in the early morning especially in the area close to the meeting point, so drive carefully. according to the current forecast its expected to be ok just Caution .

Radio frequency 

Channel 3 ( 446056 )

Convoy order 

As Below 

image.jpeg.1cfdff8a39bd1423b69f07b058503fd6.jpeg

for any emergency you can reach me on 0554045278 

See you all tomorrow inshallah 

Dear friends 

• Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, Arda Yagcioglu said:

Apologies I had to drop myself out, my car is still at service and not gonna be ready by tomorrow unfortunately. Enjoy the ride.

No issue. Take care bro 

• Like (+1) 5

@M.Seidam as always a absolute pleasure driving with you, had a great Sunday morning re-tracing the steps of the desert champions. very interesting to see the route you guys took. every one drove very well as always with very few refusals and stucks. the wife really enjoyed the lakes at the end so appreciate the exit as well. @James Thorn @Chris Wing @MMansoor @Charbel @Joe Biju Joseph @Anoop Nair @Daniel Yang and @Rajiv Sam great driving and great company really enjoy driving with you guys, thanks for a great morning out, @Chris Wing great S/L and @Anoop Nair great sweep position, you guys made it an even better experience with great support.

see you all in the sand pit very soon

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Friends

@Davie Chase @James Thorn @Chris Wing @MMansoor @Charbel @Joe Biju Joseph @Anoop Nair @Daniel Yang  and @Rajiv Sam

What a beautiful morning to start with and it was still dark west and barely the streak of the not yet sun rise could be appreciated. by the time we were done our eastern pointed car noses were just ready to let go.

image.jpeg.2e02395e3dee8605f25da8f2c139bb4c.jpeg

DCT Loop Track

image.jpeg.e8ae8b3d64ddfeab542eaf3408bbb3be.jpeg

As I mentioned before the main aim was never breaking the record more than simulating the the best track and to live the challenges. considering we were a total of ten car convoy and the few refusals , crests/stucks and the technicality of more than half of the terrain i would say that really every one drove well , reacted well and mostly i hope enjoyed it as i did my self. just for the info the track from start till end we managed to cross  38 km with a moving time of one hour and 46 min and a stopped time of 35 min with an average speed of 16 km/h and a moving speed of 21 km/h 

Post DCT Drive

we had almost one hour before the finish time and as planned we took a blast safely and i hope it was the best reward i could do ending our drive in the love lakes enjoying the water and the green while inflating.

image.jpeg.baef71965b2c0d951f3c089963c6e52b.jpeg

the stat of this last one was one hour of driving. 6 min stopped time with a moving speed of 25km/h and a pace of 2:38 min/km

@Chris Wing it was pleasure meeting first time and you were excellent in the position of the second lead 

@Rajiv Sam and @James Thorn congrats again for the promotion and considering its your first IM drive guys you rocked today well done. @H3 Joe was not bad at all especially after awhile, you drove good. nice to meet you too. @Charbel you were about to miss the action but eventually you made it , pleasure seeing today my friend. @Daniel Yang and @MMansoor i believe guys you were enjoying in the back churning up the sand, kidding offcourse, you were excellent.

@Davie Chase and @Anoop Nair in the center and sweep respectively thank you guys for all the help when ever was needed . its always pleasure driving with you guys . well done.

Thank you again for coming and seeya again soon in the sand 

Cheers

Mohamed

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use