•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Fayah to Sweihan Pond - Abu Dhabi - 26 Mar 2022

Kailas

Hi @Andrew McCarthy @Naveen Raj @Haitham Khattab @Willie @Amr Aydin @Warren Flay @Anthony Tan @Richard Franks 

take it easy guys. Too much fog on faya truck road. So take your time to arrive. We will accordingly start the drive

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Kailas for the exciting drive today. As this is my first Fewbie drive, i loved the pace, the crisscross and the diversity of side slopes & technical Dunes. Good Learning on handling pop out today. 

Big shout out  to all convoy colleagues for making this a fun drive.

Some pics in the gallery. See you all soon.

• Like (+1) 5

@Kailas we should be nicknaming you 'The Michael Bay of Carnity' (every drive you plan seems to be an action thriller stacked with bad actors and a lame ending ha ha).

So, this weeks matinee drama was "Carnity on Faya" a long and twisting story about white sand and sweeping dunes punctuated by plenty of intermissions for stucks, refusals and pop outs. Great fun for all and all set in a beautiful backdrop with fine warm weather. It started well, got fast in the middle and then crashed to an ending best described as... interesting.  

Nice to meet new people who I haven't driven with and you all acquitted yourselves brilliantly. Special mention to @Andrew McCarthyfor the laughs and the entertainment and to @Willie for driving the second best car in the event. BRRM BRRM!

Faya pond 26-3-22.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks you all for joining the drive.

It was good to see new faces. Fayah is one of my favorite terrain that has some beautiful bowl and the terrain lets you keep going without surprise bumps.

Soon after starting we were able to push the pace. Then began a series of stucks and refusals. I was always concerned about driving against the direction of sun. In this case I had to plan it that way to reach the Oasis; normally I tend to drive away from sun. 

Mixing the FB's with FB+/ IM drivers worked well. @Willie & @Haitham Khattab Fantastic job on your 1st Fewbie. @Andrew McCarthy, @Warren Flay, @Naveen Raj, @Amr Aydin, @Joseph Raju& @Richard Franks Thanks for your splendid support

My next plan for this area is to find a different exit route from the Oasis to avoid the long dusty track.

Drive Stats:

image.png.3a68c4d1b63e738383703243e1e190f9.png

image.png.15e94a07295b5a67ba061f1ae83141d1.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use