•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Lisaili - 3 April 2022

Islam Soliman

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  3 April 2022, Sunday

Meeting time: 6:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Lisaili Fort https://goo.gl/maps/ZikRWU1YYas968yT9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their accountsuspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Mike Merdinian.. thanks for waitlisting on this drive.. however as per Carnity structure a min of an Absolute Newbie or Mater Class drive with Carnity is required to be completed before joining Newbie drives. Please join the next available AN drive.

Looking forward for the opportunity to drive with you soon on the future 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi Islam thanks for the message. I am guessing AN drives are not scheduled for this week as per the events?

Please excuse the naive question as I just joined Carnity a few minutes ago. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Mike Merdinian said:

Hi Islam thanks for the message. I am guessing AN drives are not scheduled for this week as per the events?

Hi @Mike Merdinian.. not at all. Yes this weekend there isn’t any.. usually it’s every other weekend .. so stay tuned for next weekend announced drives. Pls note all drives are published every Monday at exactly 7:00pm and seats are usually gone by 7:01 😂

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Mike Merdinian said:

Hi Mike, next absolute newbie drive will be scheduled on 10 Apr, and it will be live on site by 4 Apr, 7 PM.

Most drives do get filled within minutes but not Absolute Newbie drive as its reserved for first timer only and even if you are late by a day or two, you will stll get a spot (most likely).

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Dear @Manoj Soman @Paolo Pellegrini @Paolo Morresi @Amr Aydin @FiNaR @RiaanJH @DP1011 @Azam V2.0 @Sayed Bilal @imranaasghar81 @shailendra singh vilkhu @Andrei S @Rob S 

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the meeting point by 6:30am (or before) and be ready to move max by 6:45am max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006) 

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point: Lisaili Fort https://goo.gl/maps/ZikRWU1YYas968yT9

10. Convoy Order:

image.png.e0b54e90847af73a1a79422d8e1e15d5.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Hi @Islam Soliman i am in doubt to make it to the drive tomorrow,something urgent has come up and hence don't wanna hold up the slot which can be used by someone else.. Please excuse me for the drive tomorrow ..Sorry for this.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi All,

Fantastic drive today. Man of the match definitely goes to Rob who absolutely gave level 10 support to the crew well done mate! 

I had loads of fun and my guest I hadn't seen in like 8 years absolutely loved the adventure it was his first time on the sand.

Islam I have to also say that what I love about your drives is the level of detail and explanation you give as we mustn't forget what we do is an extreme sport and one slip or bad decision could have serious consquences - your level of knowledge and expertise along with detail in your briefing is excellent. 

Thanks for having me as your sweep and hopefully I'll have a chance to do the same again.

Have a great weekend and Ramadan Kareem to those that are observing.

Thanks all,

Imran & my guest Saddam,

BtW Finar your car is the T-2000 mate. Great fun watching you take no prisoners on the dunes haha 

IMG_20220403_171436.jpg

Edited by imranaasghar81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

• Islam Soliman changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Lisaili - 3 April 2022

Important Information

Terms of use