•  

Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra South - Dubai - 10 Apr 2022

Islam Soliman

12 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Dear All, as we always pledge to leave no one behind we stretched this drive to ensure all WL have their share of the fun on the sand tomorrow morning. As we have 2 convoys (X & Y), please read carefully and ensure you join the correct convoy:

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the correct meeting point by 6:30am (or before) and be ready to move max by 6:45am max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to the correct channel for your convoy

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9. X-Convoy : @Amr Aydin @shailendra singh vilkhu @Ignacio Quindos @george charbel @Yaseen87 @Issaa @Davie Chase @Emanuel @RiaanJH @Rajat Verma @takeshi sobue @Udit S @DP1011

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/txPq9pUmBdSzrXip9

Radio: Channel 1 (446,006)

Order:

image.png.ebec399f43d427d6311cde514754f27f.png

10. Y-Convoy: @Abdelghani Masad @Ben Lee @Andrei S @Thian @Ron.P @pramod @Yerem Davtyan@Savio Fernandes @Krishna R @Farook Veettil @Imteeaz @Hisham Masaad

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/feyCFw1h5EYhsKkL9

Radio: Channel 2 (446,031)

Order:

image.png.6dd6b619e68420a04ffa47ab4b7664a9.png

C u all on the sand 🤩!

@Islam Soliman im not going to be able to join this morning. I’m having car issues, the windshield has come loose 😳, the joy of a 20 year old Land Rover. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad (0) 2

17 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Sorry to hear this @Issaa.. hope all is well

@IssaaGet well soon see you next time in the desert 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Davie Chase said:

Thanks to @Chaitanya D for stepping up and leading the drive and turning into a fantastic drive really enjoyed it, we had very few refusals and no stucks, the downside to that is i need to go to the gym today now as i did not get any shoveling exercise :) Big thank you to  @Hisham Masaad for stepping up today and making one drive into two & thanks to  @Islam Soliman for making it all happen.

@Amr Aydin @RiaanJH @takeshi sobue @shailendra singh vilkhu@Rajat Verma @Udit S @Yaseen87 @george charbel @Ignacio Quindos  @Emanuel I hope you get your cooling issues sorted this week. You guys drove so well that we did not have to do anything in the way of support, we had a couple of refusals that were self recovery, great job and great driving by all.

@DP1011 thanks for an excellent job at sweep, i think me and you had the easiest jobs today thanks to the great driving in the convoy.

Look forward to seeing you all in the sand again very soon

By the way guys spot the deliberate mistake I put the pics in the wrong gallery folder my head had today as the 9th and not the 10th lol 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

Thank you @Chaitanya D for a good drive and helping the team to lead the 2nd convoy, was pleasure to meet and drive with you.

@Davie Chase For your great support in the center of the convoy, hope to drive again with you soon and @DP1011 for sweeping like a pro :)

@shailendra singh vilkhu you drove great with confident today and an example of how we should learn from the past refusals and stucks, also happy to see you extracting the best out of the Montero, keep it up mate.

Thank you for the rest of team X and @Islam Soliman and @Hisham Masaad for taking care of team Y.

Have a great week ahead and hope to meet you all soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use