•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Waiting for Iftar: Faqa Loop - Dubai - 9 Apr 2022

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KpNVJmVnV8NpnqQx5

Action Plan: On these quiet Ramadan weekends, waiting for Iftar can be long and tiring. We'll occupy the hours preceding the breaking of the fast with a speedy drive through the diverse terrains of Faqa. Starting and returning to its sabkha, just north of the town, we'll drive into the technical area closest to Solar Park's "chimney", reach the open area just ahead of Little Sweihan, then take the way back, through Faqa's tall, long range dunes running parallel to E44 (the border with AD), to close the loop. Quite a pristine area, little driven (especially the first part), with opportunities to test the complete set of off-roading skills. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 3:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: TBC

Action Plan: On these quiet Ramadan weekends, waiting for Iftar can be long and tiring. We'll occupy the hours preceding the breaking of the fast with a speedy drive through the diverse terrains of Faqa. Starting and returning to its sabkha, just north of the town, we'll drive into the technical area closest to Solar Park's "chimney", reach the open area just ahead of Little Sweihan, then take the way back, through Faqa's tall, long range dunes running parallel to E44 (the border with AD), to close the loop. Quite a pristine area, little driven (especially the first part), with opportunities to test the complete set of off-roading skills. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

Not able to join

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Krishna R, @Haitham Khattab, @Beide Worku, @KKIRAN, @Pacific, @Sunil Mathew, @Udit S, @hugo, @Paolo Pellegrini, @Ranjan Das, @Mahmoud Taha, @Manoj Soman, @Dimitrios Kalogirou, and @Dinesh Kumar A.

Considering the long waiting list, and in light of the fact that I have planned to take @varunmehndiratta (who will support, and partially lead this Saturday's drive) for an exploration of the selected area, I'd like to propose to any of you, currently waitlisted, to join this recce drive, scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday April 6th, at 3:00 PM. 

I am sorry for the late notice, but I just had this thought, and I am hoping that any of you who may be able to join will be able to enjoy the Faqa Loop, tomorrow if not Saturday.

Kindly respond on this thread, so that I may know who may choose to join tomorrow's impromptu Faqa Loop (The Preview).

I will keep this option open until 12 noon tomorrow.

Thanks a lot, and have a nice evening.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Krishna R, @Haitham Khattab, @Beide Worku, @KKIRAN, @Pacific, @Sunil Mathew, @Udit S, @hugo, @Paolo Pellegrini, @Ranjan Das, @Mahmoud Taha, @Manoj Soman, @Dimitrios Kalogirou, and @Dinesh Kumar A.

Considering the long waiting list, and in light of the fact that I have planned to take @varunmehndiratta (who will support, and partially lead this Saturday's drive) for an exploration of the selected area, I'd like to propose to any of you, currently waitlisted, to join this recce drive, scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday April 6th, at 3:00 PM. 

I am sorry for the late notice, but I just had this thought, and I am hoping that any of you who may be able to join will be able to enjoy the Faqa Loop, tomorrow if not Saturday.

Kindly respond on this thread, so that I may know who may choose to join tomorrow's impromptu Faqa Loop (The Preview).

I will keep this option open until 12 noon tomorrow.

Thanks a lot, and have a nice evening.

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi not possible for me to wriggle out tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use