•  

Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan Adventures - Abu Dhabi - 23 April 2022

Srikumar

16 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Look on the bright side, you don't have to worry about side airbag deployment in the future (that's is ofcourse if you don't get it replaced) 😂

😂😂😂 exactly what i am planning to do.. no need of curtains anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

35 minutes ago, ShereenMK said:

😂😂😂 exactly what i am planning to do.. no need of curtains anymore.

@ShereenMK I'm not sure of how the side airbag deployment in Pathfinder works but have a hunch its needed for mulkiya renewal. The check engine light can only be reset by a competent scan tool which I believe is in Nissan workshop only. Last time I checked with Nissan they were quoting 15k for this as the module inside the steering wheel of my car had a malfunction and check engine light was on 24/7. I could manage with a 2nd hand module and reset the check engine light. In your case I'm not sure if that can be that easy as you hastily tore open the airbags. You can fiddle with any other mechanical parts of the car and get it replaced except the air bag deployment system. The vehicle testing center's of RTA are very strict about vehicle safety and air bag deployment system. 

• Confused (0) 1

@ShereenMK, what I know is that unless you go for a comprehensive test RTA doesn't check if the air bags are present in the vehicle or not, and it's up to you to decide as its your safety. Most of the cars in used market mainly (parallel imports) doesn't have all the air bags..and still the cars are registered here in UAE. I had a similar issue with one of my car and I did the re - registration   with out two front air bags. To reset your BCM there are people on Sharjah who does that for an amount with in 500 Aed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Srikumar, @M.Seidam thanks a lot for organizing such a wonderful night drive, really getting in love with the night drives...wonderful covey mates that I drove with, @thomasvarghese great that you where fine at the end.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shaaz Sha said:

@ShereenMK, what I know is that unless you go for a comprehensive test RTA doesn't check if the air bags are present in the vehicle or not, and it's up to you to decide as its your safety. Most of the cars in used market mainly (parallel imports) doesn't have all the air bags..and still the cars are registered here in UAE. I had a similar issue with one of my car and I did the re - registration   with out two front air bags. To reset your BCM there are people on Sharjah who does that for an amount with in 500 Aed.

Thanks @Shaaz Sha actually two days back i passed this car with the airbag signal on. I removed the fuse last week and sent for passing forgetting to put back on. so that is not a worry as of now. already asked workshop people to remove the side curtain airbags as its not needed for me personally. So for next drive will bring the same vehicle. To see what break next.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use