•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Faqaa - Dubai - 23 Apr 2022

GauravSoni

Dune surfers!

@Frederic

@Paolo Pellegrini @Paolo Morresi @Amr Aydin@Federico De Chirico @Rob S  @Federico Galbieri @Gertjan @eldose baby @Senthil Kumar please find the convoy list for tomorrows drive.

7A508C11-2F4F-44B8-BC8F-445832B282D0.jpeg.a95e0f8db670bafbbdb80b601c9451a9.jpeg

we would be using channel 3 ~ 446.05625

in case of any emergency you can connect with me on 0545564213.

see you all deflated and ready to surf by 5.45 am

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ranjan Das said:

Regret the flip-flop, will not be able to join @Gaurav Soni.

wish you all an excellent one.

I saw you message on @Hisham Masaad drive that your “bitter half” is not accepting to permit two drives a week and then see you accept the offer from @Gaurav Soni to come to the drive and I like whaaat?? And when you flip flopped I am like, yeah there's is balance in the world order.

Frankly the first thing comes to mind to us maniacs if some one asks to join the drive is “yes off course sure I’ll go”. Then the reality kicks in, and you realise that there’s responsibilities, and a world outside the addiction of driving in the dunes.

Happy dune surfing y’all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

8 hours ago, Looper said:

I saw you message on @Hisham Masaad drive that your “bitter half” is not accepting to permit two drives a week and then see you accept the offer from @Gaurav Soni to come to the drive and I like whaaat?? And when you flip flopped I am like, yeah there's is balance in the world order.

Frankly the first thing comes to mind to us maniacs if some one asks to join the drive is “yes off course sure I’ll go”. Then the reality kicks in, and you realise that there’s responsibilities, and a world outside the addiction of driving in the dunes.

Happy dune surfing y’all.

You know the pain….Gautam @Looper. You can only as much Vs the powers that be!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

35 minutes ago, Ranjan Das said:

You know the pain….Gautam @Looper. You can only as much Vs the powers that be!

I am following the mantra of if you can’t fight them join them. 😂 getting my wife to drive.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

18 minutes ago, Looper said:

I am following the mantra of if you can’t fight them join them. 😂 getting my wife to drive.

Thank God that mantra works for you.. But not for everyone 😃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks @GauravSoni, @Frederic, @Rob S, @Senthil Kumar for a the support on a great trip! Ever time a new part of Faqa that I have not seen before. 

It was a day of 2's and 3's: 2x Frederic's, 2x Paolo's, 2x White FJ's but then 3x Pajero's, 3x Grey Collumbia trousers and 3x Jeeps.  Only 1 green Isuzu!

Had some great surf's on the ridges and had some time for a few pictures.

See you all soon on another drive. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Great morning in the desert! Challenging start in the soft technical bits but once we headed to the bigger dunes we made some good progress! We had a couple of minor refusals and “looping back” but as @GauravSoni mentioned, it’s important to keep convoy order and avoid overtaking when this happens. 

@Federico De Chirico hope you get small issue fixed on the pajero, and probably worth taking the your rear wheel to tyre shop to get checked, suspect there will be some sand in there after the pop out.

Thanks @GauravSoni for fantastic lead, @Frederic as always good to see you and the green machine! And well done to @Senthil Kumar for sweeping us today. 

only disappointment for today was no loud exhausts to listen to . . . . . . Maybe this is my next upgrade!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Gertjan said:

Thanks @GauravSoni, @Frederic, @Rob S, @Senthil Kumar for a the support on a great trip! Ever time a new part of Faqa that I have not seen before. 

It was a day of 2's and 3's: 2x Frederic's, 2x Paolo's, 2x White FJ's but then 3x Pajero's, 3x Grey Collumbia trousers and 3x Jeeps.  Only 1 green Isuzu!

Had some great surf's on the ridges and had some time for a few pictures.

See you all soon on another drive. 

I neet to correct you...there were 3 Frederic's. Very nice group indeed from start to end!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use